Sign in to follow this  

Fine and classic! I like that! Good combination of sets and MODs.

What is the spanish ship on the last picture? You're own creation?

Captain Braunsfeld, the Spanish ship in the last picture is my modified Imperial Trading Post ship.

I lengthened it, made it taller and replaced the red with yellow. I will make another topic that shows it off better.

Nice setup! You've got all the factions represented, although the two bluecoats are slightly outnumbered. The ol' Barracuda makes a fine Imperial Flagship and the heavily modified trading post looks good beside it. I like how you included the jungle and cave (I forget what you called it) and the fight between the pirates and islanders is well-staged. The mighty Skull's Eye still looks good although I've yet to understand why TLG named it a schooner with all those square-rigged sails. The pirates on the raft are an ambitious lot to think they can take on those merchants! And of course the sparring swordfish are humorous. Looks like a fun arrangement!

I had alot of fun setting it up and placing all the pirates. I took it down, i am now building my Castle kingdom on that table. Ill post pics when its finished. Thanks all

As a matter of fact, yes, yes I DO like it. One of the things I've been enjoying is incorporating my 2009, 2010, and 2015 Lego Pirates sets with my Pirates sets from the 1980s and 1990s, and I love seeing scenes like the one you've done here that bring back so many old memories, as well as give me ideas for new set-ups. Marvelous work!

As a matter of fact, yes, yes I DO like it. One of the things I've been enjoying is incorporating my 2009, 2010, and 2015 Lego Pirates sets with my Pirates sets from the 1980s and 1990s, and I love seeing scenes like the one you've done here that bring back so many old memories, as well as give me ideas for new set-ups. Marvelous work!

Thanks, the only new Pirates set I have is the Brick Bounty. All the other stuff is what I got as a kid. But if I had more of the new pirates I would defiantly add them in. Its just a tough one because I love castle so much that Pirates is always a second. But the Ships especially the old ships look soo dang good. Id really like the Caribbean Clipper and the 90s Imperial Flagship someday.

Thanks, the only new Pirates set I have is the Brick Bounty. All the other stuff is what I got as a kid. But if I had more of the new pirates I would defiantly add them in. Its just a tough one because I love castle so much that Pirates is always a second. But the Ships especially the old ships look soo dang good. Id really like the Caribbean Clipper and the 90s Imperial Flagship someday.

I was lucky enough to be able to get both of those ships when I was a kid, but my collecting faded during the 1990s, and there are a lot of sets I wish I'd been able to get, like the Imperial Trading Post. Some day I might hunt down the instructions and order the parts to build it.

You can find the instructions for free online. Most of the Imperial trading post is very simple and uses very common parts. The only special parts are the white wall sections, the raised baseplate and of course the sails for the two boats.

I love it. It's full of creativity. Some people prefer super-realistic creations with large amounts of details, but I like this. I feel it is truer to the feel of LEGO® and you've done justice with your collection/armada/island chain :pir_laugh2: