Sign in to follow this  
King Andy

Best 6 wide modern vehicles?

Hey, I'm working on a WIP but I'm having problems getting vehicles to use as inspiration. I would need to help of you guys to point me 6 wide vehicle models of relatively modern (2005 to nowadays) urban cars.

It can be your own MOCs or anything you found on the internet. Thanks for the help. :classic:

Yes, but I can't find exacly what I'm looking for. Modern urban cars and in this scale aren't that easy to find.

Edited by King Andy

so you are looking for cars like the Ford Focus, Chevy Cobalt, or VW Golf? I ask because I am unsure what other nations might consider an urban car. in the US basically any car can be a rural, or Urban car, utility vehicles included.

well in that case I recommend heading over to MOCPages and doing searches for specific cars and to look for 6 wide versions. it is a slow process but im sure you can find the gems by switching to most popular. for example, this really nice VW Golf GTI (older model but GTI hasn't changed much overall) : http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/405231 it doesn't hold a fig yet, but could easily be changed to fit one. the bigger issue I think will be keeping an even scale across multiple cars. for example ER0L has a scale he tries to stick to, to help keep relative sizes in check. (im sure you've seen his works)

Edited by GallardoLU

@Gallardo: Thanks for the hint, I guess this is what you're referring to:

14533064212_2c133a2fbe_n.jpg

@King Andy: You might want to take a look at Search Function's work, also an EB member. He actually builds very nice and quite small urban cars fitting minifigs: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/96166

Thanks for the recommendation ER0L. Here is a few of my favorite builders/builds:

Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk1 by maxster1 kasper

1375546563m_SPLASH.jpg

6-5-4 wide coupe / cabrio (CC) by Bas Wijkstra

1385932068m_SPLASH.jpg

1957 Chevrolet Corvette by Chris Gwailson, who also have some other nice 6 wides.

1404502116m_SPLASH.jpg

Evil car by Henrik Hoexbroe, lots of other cars as well.

1335631311m_SPLASH.jpg

Minivan by Spencer R.

www.brickshelf.com_gallery_srezkall_town_vehicles_minivan_1.jpg_SPLASH.jpg

Oran "Chrome" Cruzen have a lot of 6 wide creations as well so be sure to check him out too.

Edited by SearchFunction

Thanks a lot for your help guys. Some of the suggestions like SearchFunction or Henrik's work I already knew but some of the others I never saw before. They are really nice inspirations and I hope they help me to improve my future projects.