Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I posted last creation.

For the past few months, I've had difficult life situation. I was away from any LEGO-related activities. I did not build new MOCs. I abandoned all WIP projects and just built a wall around myself...

I am so sorry, Jantjeuh and rm8. I deeply apologize for having troubled you!

In March, I started walking slowly. Soon I recognized that I had to work hard to get back Madoca into my mind.

Here are the results. I built two MOCs. Honestly they are mechanically simple and have nothing innovative. Instead, I aimed to achieve both playability and detailed look.

I hope you will like them. Please give me a chance for resurrection. :blush:

1024x346.jpg

Video: CUV

Buggy

Building instructions and additional pictures: https://plus.google....64977943/albums

Rebrickable: CUV http://rebrickable.c...977/compact-cuv

Buggy http://rebrickable.c...lightning-buggy

Compact CUV

It was mainly inspired by red Range Rover Evoque, but finished model is not an exact copy of it. Do you think which actual SUV looks similar to this MOC?

I used dozens of newer parts (mostly pins) which were released in 2014 and 2015. So it can be called AWD SUV 2015.

1024x576.jpg

Features:

All-wheel drive and front wheel steering

2 L motors for propulsion, Servo motor for steering

2 pairs of LEDs for headlights and tail lights

Independent suspension on all wheels

Working steering wheel and V6 engine

Openable hood, doors (with locking mechanism), tailgate, glove box and armrest box:)

1024x576.jpg

640x360.jpg

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

There are four 12t tan bevel gears on drivetrain. They all survived after two hours crawling. Like blue Buggy, this drivetrain didn't cause breaking gears.

My concern was that 3L axles might slide into CV joints. Eventually all four 3L axles moved half-stud into CV joints. But they surprisingly kept holding each 12t black double bevel gears despite the connection became weaker. I thought it's OK because I didn't see any lack of torque or speed. You can see its performance in the video.

If you want to avoid this axle movement, you need cutting parts and,

A. using 3.5L axle.

B. putting 0.5L axle (or flex axle, pneumatic hose, hard hose...) into CV joints.

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

Blue Lightning Buggy

It is my Buggy#3. The concept was simple: to build another buggy using different drivetrain from its predecessors.

Configuration of motors is the same as Buggy#1 & #2. This time I adopted independent rear suspension. Then I tried to build efficient drivetrain which needed to be nearly the same as direct-drive (#2).

1024x576.jpg

Features:

Rear wheel drive and front wheel steering

2 L motors for propulsion (one per each rear wheel), Servo motor for steering

Long travel independent suspension on all wheels

Front axle is placed at positive caster angle

Working steering wheel

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

In this setting, L motors never broke bevel gears. Now I want to know if powerful SBrick version would perform well without gear cracking. :classic:

Edited by Madoca 1977

Welcome back. I really like the first model. The buggy color combo is great. Looking forward to building these. Thanks for sharing.

Nice work. Welcome back. Both MOCs look great and both are very detailed. The double L motor drive train works good :thumbup:

Wherever you were, welcome back! Your MOCs have for sure a unique character to them. I like the red CUV a lot.

All the Very Best.

whatever happened back there, I hope that you recover very soon.

Your fans in China is gonna explode with joy with your new MOCs, but most importantly is that you are back in the community.

Cheers and best of the wishes

YM

Compact CUV - I really like range rover evoque.

Amazing model, thank you very much for the instructions, I want to build this amazing Compact CUV.

UP. I apologize, I first saw this SUV, and immediately left a comment, and after I started to read your description and read what you took for a basis of the Range Rover Evoque.

Edited by 0RBlT

It was a while that I was wondering where you were, I'm sorry for your bad times, but happy that you're back...obviously with yours unique style and 2 wonderful MOCs! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love the design and the integration of the PFS elements. Very nice MOCs !

It was a while that I was wondering where you were, I'm sorry for your bad times, but happy that you're back...obviously with yours unique style and 2 wonderful MOCs! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Agreed :thumbup: , in everything you said! Welcome back Madoca, your Mocs are always stunning! I really like the aesthetic of the Cuv!

Madoca Motor Corporation releases new 2015 model :thumbup:

Thank you for sharing this awesome MOCs.

We will wait for full-size CUV 2015 mk2, like it was year ago :wink:

Edited by rm8

that green buggy is awesome !! i Hope i can make an rc unit version :3 using battlebots i found that the u gear cage il really heavy And It is also The new yellowish gear, you have tried an 1:1,6 gear ratio? and also (i'm asking this everywhere) do you notice power differences with the lipo BB? because I have some trouble with The thermal protecion, And I don't want To waste money for another pack if mine has Not The sane power (and so I can't make 2BB-equipped Cars)

Welcome back and take your pace.

No matter where you have been, very glad that you came back!

Really really like your MOCs, all of them! You are in your own league in this hobby.

Oh, almost forgot, your new MOCs are very appealing, pity that I have to tear your SUV mk1 apart to build the new CUV though.

Hi Madoca

Hope you're ok and am I glad you're back.

Beautiful creations as always. You are defining a style.

Love all your work but for me the Tatra is special.

Happy building with emphasis on the happy.

Edited by Detzit

Great creations to mark your return - I hope all is better. That buggy is next on my list of MOCs to build.

Welcome back Madoca..

I think your work is excellent as always you have a real talent :thumbup: :thumbup:

I wonder sometimes how a larger scale supercar would look with your touch... The corvette is still one of my favourites..

Keep going mate.

Welcome back Madoca!

Those MOCs a a great "I'm back" statement.

The details on the SUV are superb. I love the glove compartment and the arm rest.

Thank you, everyone! And thank you for your kind words. :blush:

Next time I will work hard to build more complex MOC.

CUV weighs 1320 grams.

Comparing to other SUV models, climbing ability is not so good. It barely crawls rocky surface. Driving on bumpy road is much more fun.

Buggy #3 weighs 710 grams.

That means it's only 120 grams heavier than #2. In theory they run at almost the same speed because both are driven by 2 L motors geared 1:1.

Edited by Madoca 1977