Welcome back, Madoca, glad to see you again! And, of course, your MOCs too :classic:

Your new CUV is just brilliant! This MOC looks as good as it driving. And also it's good platform for future MODs.

So... here is mine version:

IMG_0472_zpsur1v3rao.jpg

IMG_0471_zpsaglqrktd.jpg

This modification features:

- Custom tires and in-wheel reductors. No CV-joints and torque limits! Total gear ratio is 5:1

- Slightly changed front bodywork (bigger wheels is a problem, yeah)

- 2x Li-Po battery in parralel for better endurance

- SBrick

- New suspension (front - long shocks, rear - long+short shocks)

IMG_0470_zpsnxtsa6jc.jpg

IMG_0468_zpstfeblohp.jpg

IMG_0467_zps5aygujnv.jpg

Hope you like it!

Edited by SilenWin

Thank you, jantjeuh! :laugh:

SilenWin, you surprised me! :cry_happy:

I'm planning to build CUV in white when 42043 released. (Arocs has four white micro panels)

The combination of white body and red seats looks cool!

Thank you, jantjeuh! :laugh:

SilenWin, you surprised me! :cry_happy:

I'm planning to build CUV in white when 42043 released. (Arocs has four white micro panels)

The combination of white body and red seats looks cool!

Thank you!

Now I will try to build red "street" version with 2x buggy motors. And outdoor video/photoset, of course =)

welkom back your an great designer i love too make your models i make them all greats marc amsterdam holland

welkom back your an great designer i love too make your models i make them all greats marc amsterdam holland

This blue buggy looks very light and fast. Excellent work on it.

I like your yellow buggy model. I made a red buggy of it. Even though it does not have a direct direct drive train connection to the motor like your more recent model this buggy is very compact and solid. The way you have added caster to the front tire is really neat, it reminds how I built and added caster angle on the front axle on my one of my Monster truck 100_1214.jpg_thumb.jpg

wip_002.jpg

wip_005.jpg

that green buggy is awesome !! i Hope i can make an rc unit version :3 using battlebots i found that the u gear cage il really heavy And It is also The new yellowish gear, you have tried an 1:1,6 gear ratio? and also (i'm asking this everywhere) do you notice power differences with the lipo BB? because I have some trouble with The thermal protecion, And I don't want To waste money for another pack if mine has Not The sane power (and so I can't make 2BB-equipped Cars)

About Buggy: Do you mean using the combination of 20t single bevel and 12t single bevel gear? I haven't tested it, but it can be fit. It will give the Buggy more speed and less power.

About lipo battery: I once built a 4x4 MOC using two battery boxes. I set first battery for driving right side wheels and second battery for left side wheels. Since second battery had less power, left side wheels rotated slower, and the MOC slightly turned to the left without steering. But I saw no major problem in slow driving.

About Buggy: Do you mean using the combination of 20t single bevel and 12t single bevel gear? I haven't tested it, but it can be fit. It will give the Buggy more speed and less power.

About lipo battery: I once built a 4x4 MOC using two battery boxes. I set first battery for driving right side wheels and second battery for left side wheels. Since second battery had less power, left side wheels rotated slower, and the MOC slightly turned to the left without steering. But I saw no major problem in slow driving.

thank you! yes but i think that if i'll use one BB for one motor and one for the other but in the same transmission maybe they will brake each other, i saw the instruction yesterday, unfortunately i can't build it, but if i success you can be sure that i'll post here an rc-unit based version, its suspension system is to awesome to be used only on low speed crawling :wub:

As usual you did a great job!

Welcome back; I hope you have solved all your problems :blush:

I'm your fan and I have built all your creations.

Thanx for sharing with all of us!

Hallo Madoca, thank you for reactivation - I was running through most of your models recently, so this is good to have some new ones :)

So far I've finished CUV (that required some purchases to be stuffed with few older and new elements), and after I'll play it down to the ground :) I'll switch to buggy v3.

I' have only few panels in wrong colors, but overall no technical change to your design so far. Generally my impression is good, but somehow I was under impression that while I love your "contraptions" on the functional side the ones on form only are somehow less pleasant - personally for me. The bumpers and doors, while really creating nice look, are bit disappointing on technical side - doors quite often fail to jump into right place and front side bumper that when touched moves also part of headlight lamp is bit too flimsy for my taste.

cuv_side.jpg

cuv_front.jpg

I really like the shape of the roof (rear side "window" being shorter/lower from the front one), but rear doors (hatch) does not positions perfectly.

I hope that this critics will not offend you - that is really not something I would like to do, as the overall design and playability is really pleasant. I just hope that some of the comments would halp you to do even better MOCs - up to the limits of Lego pieces.

One note on the drivetrain - while still not having sbrick nor something similar I use here combination of PF IR v2 receiver with custom battery (from RC models). Therefore IR v2 is the only limiting the current - as the battery inself is capable of delivering current way higher - and the voltage is not 7.4 but rather above 8V. There are no problems with gears - no cracking nor bending/blending of gears. I have tested it with alternative 3 cells (11,1V) pack, with real voltage over 12V when fully charged. It works great, way to fast for smaller indoor use :)

The smaller 2-cell pack fits into loading space nicely, leaving room for connecting/disconnecting cables:

cuv_back1.jpg

cuv_back2.jpg

Edited by Yorick

Thanks for giving us these brilliant MOCs . You shouldn't feel bad about making MOCs without the astounding complexity we all know you are capable of. The cars are stil way ahead of what many of us are able to invent. These two wonderful cars provides lots of valueable information, and I'm learning a lot from studying them. And the fact that you have a signature look to your MOCs is quite an achivement. Hope you keep feeling better.

About to start building the Compact CUV. Just waiting for some parts. Another well designed, good looking model. Thanks for sharing instructions. :classic:

Hi Madoca & All,

thanks for sharing instructions for your Mocs!

I fell in love with your No3. buggy, it was a real joy to build it, although i changed few things, as i don't have all the required parts, and adjusted for easier battery removal.

Still, i think it turned out quite pretty, even if the seat wouldn't be too comfortable.

WP_20150705_002.jpg

WP_20150705_003.jpg

WP_20150705_005.jpg

WP_20150705_004.jpg

Edited by agrof

Hi Madoca

I just love your designs but it's costing me a fortune :laugh:

The Tatra is just completed and I'm already looking at this CUV :thumbup:

Thank you

Thank you for this beautiful building ....

Here my LHD version ...

Excellent rebuild and those tires are amazing! Ordered them a couple of weeks ago, hope to have them soon...love those...!!! :-)

@hitchhiker Welcome to EB!

Please read our Guidelines regarding bumping old topics. You should not do it unless you add something important to the conversation.