Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

[WZ14, F14: The People's Victory at Qarkyr

[This build is for the Desert King]

The Desert King supporters celebrate their victory at a temple in Qarkyr and wave the flag of the rightful ruler of Kaliphlin. Participants on both sides of the urban battle credited the Desert King's victory to the agents he inflitrated into the city. These capable saboteurs provided leadership during critical moments, and oversaw the partisan victory from the shadows and so instilled in the people a greater sense of their own triumph.

17512166945_f37eaba08a_z.jpg

And the whole moc, without figs:

17512167675_ebee79f369_c.jpg

-----------------------------------------

Hello again! This is my WZ14 build and right at the last minute, again! I hope it is ok to update this entry in the morning with a bit more story and a couple of photos of the fighting near this temple. Due to events IRL, I only had last night and today to throw this together (and often only by candlelight, thanks to power outages caused by storms). I have more of a story in mind, but I'm so tired and mentally worn that it probably wouldn't make much sense at this point. Anyways, I really enjoyed this build, and it's my first pagoda. There's a few things I'd like to do with it given more time, so I'm sure you'll see some more of these Asian style buildings from me. Thanks for looking, feedback always appreciated!

Edited by MassEditor

Great build ME, I really like the bold dark palette you chose and the lanterns are beautiful details. Next time maybe we'll see a hexagonal or octagonal build?

That's pretty much that pagoda I wasn't able to build. Just better. Glad you're saving us at Qarkyr with this amazing work.

Amazing work :wub: :wub: :wub:

I love all the techniques you used for the wall and the roof.

Awesome pagoda! I don't know why, but somehow it reminds of the Bell Tower from Pokémon :tongue: . Great color scheme, details and use of techniques overall. Outstanding work :thumbup: .

Fantastic build here ME; the shape is awesome and I really love the little touches of green around the outside edges! :thumbup: I am kind of wondering about the antennae on top, :laugh: but the rest of the roofs are really well textured!

Darn! You had to post for this warzone!

All that aside, very nice build!

Simply astounding - again. I don't know why but before anything loaded I just had this strange feeling that it was going to be something from MassEditor. With all the guerilla action a big, beautiful build like this is refreshing. The base is neat and clean, the stairs are smooth and inviting, the plants and flowering trees are nice, and the main structure is just brilliant. The walls, roofs, railings, doors, lanterns, disc spire - it's all wonderful. All that's missing is some soft music in the background. Occasionally someone builds something that is just about perfect and this is one of them. Amazing, superb, fantastic! Brick on!

Fantastic build MassEditor, great job on the Asian look and the roofs, stone-work and walls are all superb! :wub: Very nice color choices, and the bits of vegetation surrounding it are excellent as well! Congrats on the well-deserved frontpage! :thumbup::sweet:

I like the use of the older face on the mini fig in the middle. Compared to the new ones his expression is saying hes seen some shit this day.

Beautifull build. There is so much awesome stuff going on in GOH at the moment and this is one of the builds that make it great!

Awesome color same and architecture details ME. Well deserved frontpage and being MOC expert! It was obvious from your 1st lava moc ;) Congrats mate!

Another impressive amazing build. Makes me wanna start making Japanese themed builds again.

One of my favorites. I'm a sucker for Asian architecture in fantasy/medieval settings!

As said on Flickr, this is awesome! Love your use of dk. green!

Once again you are treating us with a top-class build! :thumbup:

Well balanced design overall and lots of great details.

Fantastic Asian architecture--I'm having trouble believing only taking a day and a half though! Congrats on the frontpage!

Thanks a lot for the wonderful comments everyone! Really glad you liked this one!

Great build ME, I really like the bold dark palette you chose and the lanterns are beautiful details. Next time maybe we'll see a hexagonal or octagonal build?

Thanks Robuko! I actually had originally planned to go with a hexagonal design but I was afraid I couldn't get something like that done by the deadline. However, I've definitely set my eyes on trying this again!

That's pretty much that pagoda I wasn't able to build. Just better. Glad you're saving us at Qarkyr with this amazing work.

Thanks Jacob, I almost didn't get one in myself!

Incredible build, ME! :wub: I love how tall you made it and those roofs are fantastic! :thumbup:

Thanks LJ! This was actually quite a bit taller originally, but it started looking too tall so I chopped her down some.

Fantastic build here ME; the shape is awesome and I really love the little touches of green around the outside edges! :thumbup: I am kind of wondering about the antennae on top, :laugh: but the rest of the roofs are really well textured!

Thanks Kai! The thing up top is called a finial, and it is a feature of almost every padoga I've seen.

Simply astounding - again. I don't know why but before anything loaded I just had this strange feeling that it was going to be something from MassEditor. With all the guerilla action a big, beautiful build like this is refreshing. The base is neat and clean, the stairs are smooth and inviting, the plants and flowering trees are nice, and the main structure is just brilliant. The walls, roofs, railings, doors, lanterns, disc spire - it's all wonderful. All that's missing is some soft music in the background. Occasionally someone builds something that is just about perfect and this is one of them. Amazing, superb, fantastic! Brick on!

Wow, thanks, as always, for this incredibly kind and uplifting comment, Captian Dee. You are making an awesome contribution around here with your positive feedback, friendly suggestions and exquisite eye for detail. I can tell, from your comments, that you obivously have the mind of an artist, and I cannot wait to see your ideas transformed into bricks!

Beautifull build. There is so much awesome stuff going on in GOH at the moment and this is one of the builds that make it great!

Thanks Hobbythom! Yes, I've never seen so much activity around here (in my short time in GoH, anyways). It is becoming very difficult to keep up with all the hard work folks are putting into this!

Awesome color same and architecture details ME. Well deserved frontpage and being MOC expert! It was obvious from your 1st lava moc ;) Congrats mate!

Thank you for that sir, and for always being a motivator for me since the day I joined Eurobricks! You've always been one of my favorite builders, and I can't wait to you get the time to build again!

This is a fantastic build with lots of great details, and the overall look is some of the best composition I've ever seen for a tower build. Congrats on this superb MOC!

Thanks Gary, it's awesome to see you over here in GoH! You know you still need to join!

Fantastic Asian architecture--I'm having trouble believing only taking a day and a half though! Congrats on the frontpage!

Haha, thanks mrcp6d! I guess you could say the whole process took longer than that. I'd been looking at pagoda photos for a few days before I started building, and each night as I lay in bed I would visualize the techniques and styles I wanted to use to build this thing. So, by the time I began building on Saturday, I had a pretty clear idea in my head of what exactly I wanted. I find laying in bed at night is a good time brainstorm building ideas so when you finally get to building, things go much smoother. Beware of LEGO-related nightmares if you do this however! One night I dreamt Lord Osric and the rest of the Rat Pack were chasing me down a tunnel because I forgot to get a critical Warzone entry posted by the deadline! :wacko:

Edited by MassEditor