Sign in to follow this  
Yzalirk

What helmets and hair pieces are suitable for Dwarves?

I'm trying to build a Dwarf "army" but I'm not sure what helmets and hair pieces can actually be used when you put any of the Dwarf beards on a minifig. Can I get some help with what parts are suitable?

Well the obvious choice would be Fantasy Era Castle Dwarves helmets, Gimli's helmet, and I think the classic "Norman" knight helmet with noseplate and aventail would fit over Dwarf's beard. The same applies to the classic chrome gold crown, Also try combining Gandalf's beard, and Thorin Oakenshield's hairpiece, It looks really nice. Vitruvius's hair and beard also are a nice choice for Dwarf minifig. The viking Helmet with attachable horns is also a good choice, if you don't mind your minifig being a little bald at the back, when combined with Dwarf's Beard. And, of course, Dwarves from Hobbit sets will provide you with some awesome hair/beard combos.

Alright, I'll have to take a look at them. The viking one is interesting but I don't suppose you (or anyone) has a reference I could see it on a minifig with a Dwarf beard?

I Tried it in LDD, it looks ok, except there's a gap at the back, where the hair meet the helmet, since it has no aventail... Also, the beard with three braids at the back is incompatible with the helmet (at least in LDD), but other work fine. Also, the "norman" helmet and crown doesn't work in LDD, but I saw a crown/dwarf beard combo in real bricks.

Edited by Eggyslav

Alright, I'll have to take a look at them. The viking one is interesting but I don't suppose you (or anyone) has a reference I could see it on a minifig with a Dwarf beard?

Sure can! The noseguard touches the beard piece, and while the Viking helmet is notoriously loose fitting, I don't think it makes it any looser. Not sure how you feel about the visible gap around the sides though.

lego_dwarf_by_edward_the_red-d8t7fpo.jpg

I also tried the classic Norman helmet with aventail. It sits looser than normal, but is still serviceable. But be aware, the beard does not fit with the Thorin Oakenshield hair! :look:

I also tried the classic Norman helmet with aventail. It sits looser than normal, but is still serviceable. But be aware, the beard does not fit with the Thorin Oakenshield hair! :look:

By the Beard, I meant Gandalf's, or Vitruvius' beard, not Fantasy Era Dwarf beard with hair at the back....

Sure can! The noseguard touches the beard piece, and while the Viking helmet is notoriously loose fitting, I don't think it makes it any looser. Not sure how you feel about the visible gap around the sides though.

I like it! The gap could be worse but it's note much of a problem. I'll have to see some of the colors they're in and the prices. And thanks for getting a photo up. :classic:

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

By the Beard, I meant Gandalf's, or Vitruvius' beard, not Fantasy Era Dwarf beard with hair at the back....

Oh sorry, I misunderstood! Have you tried Thorin's hair with Gandalf's beard?

I like it! The gap could be worse but it's note much of a problem. I'll have to see some of the colors they're in and the prices. And thanks for getting a photo up. :classic:

No problem! :thumbup:

Also if you're not against using aftermarket parts, Brickforge make a nice "Dwarf beard" and "Sage beard".

Oh sorry, I misunderstood! Have you tried Thorin's hair with Gandalf's beard?

Since I'm a little bit in my Dark Ages, I didn't try it with actual bricks, but in LDD it works really nice.