Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[G:A15, HC vs DK] You will not stand alone...

Guerilla attack on A15.

While Everlast has been lost, the High Council still has supporters in the north east. Some of them have established groups of resistance, fighting for the Republic and the People.

The High Council has despatched several vessels to supply these partisans with both weapons and other supplies.

17501080555_b5e7f02b55_c.jpg

Hope you like my first attempt at a forced perspective - I think it works quite well :classic:

However, I am not sure if this picture might be better:

16878500414_ca62060da4_c.jpg

C&C very welcome

Excellent composition! The tall ship is just lovely and the forced perspective is pretty good too. I think the first photo is better for overall presentation but the second is a good detail shot and shows the small boat better. The pirate minifig and accessories looks good in this setting; the black chest is a welcome addition. One bit of advice: the FP would be more convincing if the bowsprit of the ship wasn't hanging over the edge of the base. Other than that this is very good!

Edited by Captain Dee

Like Captain Dee I Aldo believe the FP is better in the first photo, mainly because of the focus. I the first the focus looks to be on the land and the ship out of focus (as it should be) in the background.

The second photo is nic because it bringa out the details in the ship, it appears that you shifted the focus point to sharpen the background and blur (somewhat) the foreground.

Overall, very nice and really nice micro ship.

Andy D

This is a really nice build and the ship is excellent Bregir. A15 is already under a double attack from Kai and Garmadon, I'm afraid it is not open for a third attack yet!

Fantastic work and superb forced perspective Bregir, especially in the first picture! :wub_drool: The ship is excellent and the waves and shore are great as well, this is definitely a top-notch guerrilla build! :thumbup: You will need to move the zone attacked, though, as Kai and I attacked it last week (it also requires two guerrillas to attack that zone) - the best place to move it would probably be just down one square so it is still on the coast (B15) :wink:

Edited by Garmadon

Amazing work :wub: . I really love the perspective, the water and the way you made the ship :thumbup:

Excellent job with the Forced Perspective here Bregir! The small scale ship is really well shaped and also good job on the water! :thumbup:

I love the FP here, it is pulled off very well. The minfigs are good as well. Nice guerrilla

Thanks all - I too think this turned out really nice, so it is nice to hear you all agree! All the sudden, I felt like building ships - and I blaim the microships Garmadon and Kai made some time ago! :tongue:

This is a really nice build and the ship is excellent Bregir. A15 is already under a double attack from Kai and Garmadon, I'm afraid it is not open for a third attack yet!

Fantastic work and superb forced perspective Bregir, especially in the first picture! :wub_drool: The ship is excellent and the waves and shore are great as well, this is definitely a top-notch guerrilla build! :thumbup: You will need to move the zone attacked, though, as Kai and I attacked it last week (it also requires two guerrillas to attack that zone) - the best place to move it would probably be just down one square so it is still on the coast (B15) :wink:

Thanks for the update - it can get a bit confusing this challenge. (Even when one spies on Robuko's maps...) I will happily relocate to B15.

Oh, you High Councilors sure are a cheeky bunch! A few poorly armed peasants won't stop the Desert King from his victory!

Anywho, excellent build Bregir! Love the forced perspective here, one of the best examples we've seen in this challenge! Very clever all around, especially that wonderful micro ship. Great figs and storyline too. :thumbup:

Very, very nice FP! Great water and micro ship!

Thanks, Sir Gillian! Really tried to show the rolling waves of the seashore!

Oh, you High Councilors sure are a cheeky bunch! A few poorly armed peasants won't stop the Desert King from his victory!

Anywho, excellent build Bregir! Love the forced perspective here, one of the best examples we've seen in this challenge! Very clever all around, especially that wonderful micro ship. Great figs and storyline too. :thumbup:

Thanks, ME! It was fun to experiment with FP, and I might try it sometime again in the future!

My poor poor ship... :sceptic: (And brilliant counter!)

Really neat perspective, and the micro ship is exceptional :thumbup:

Thanks, SK - the ship was the first thing I built!