Captain Braunsfeld

[WZ17, DK] Going down in flames - The Fall of Xersia

Hooray!

Desert King troops have managed to destroy the source of power of the First Centurion!

In a fierce battle the defenders were defeated:

800x1172.jpg

A large part of the battle raged in the garden of the Celestial Palace:

800x1066.jpg

The brave DK fighters (supported by Mounted Ostrich Bowmen) were excited about their victory.

640x480.jpg

The defenders (dis-)appeared in the usual way...

640x483.jpg

Key to the victory was ...

800x600.jpg

... the Desert King's fire mage ...

640x497.jpg

... who destroyed the artefact of the First Centurion with his magic flame thrower .

800x1067.jpg

The magic monument, that had been beaming with yellow thaumaturgical energy, came crashing down in flames.

When its magic died, a loud, unearthly scream was heard through the gardens of the palace...

C&C welcome.

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Great work! I really like the colour scheme and the vegetation :wub:

Lovely setting, Captain. The gardens look good and both monuments are nice. I like the tan steps and the blue and grey tiles look good too. I see you reused the small fountain. The angle of the tall monument really changes the look of the scene for the better. I'm happy to see someone use the black treasure chest for once. But seriously, haven't they trained those ostriches not to trample the flowers?! And I didn't know TM's existed back then... they were more advanced than I thought! The flame thrower looks diabolical too. Good job overall.

Great job here CB, the gardens are quite nice, and the buildings are excellent! :thumbup: Great work depicting the power source thing and the fig posing makes this a nice action packed scene! :classic:

Nice work! The gardens are a good touch and nice action in the first few shots! :thumbup:

Great work! I really like the colour scheme and the vegetation :wub:

Thanks. It has become a bit too colourful in the end...

So, I am learning a lot.

Lovely setting, Captain. The gardens look good and both monuments are nice. I like the tan steps and the blue and grey tiles look good too. I see you reused the small fountain. The angle of the tall monument really changes the look of the scene for the better. I'm happy to see someone use the black treasure chest for once. But seriously, haven't they trained those ostriches not to trample the flowers?! And I didn't know TM's existed back then... they were more advanced than I thought! The flame thrower looks diabolical too. Good job overall.

Thanks - a lot of things to answer:

a) Yes, the garden looks nice :grin:

b) I have not reused the small fountain. It is a new creation (borrowing some ideas from the other).

c) You noticed the black treasure chest in the midst of all the turmoil? Well done!

d) The ostriches are actually sparing the flowers! :sweet:

e) The TM was a little fun for myself. It was not done in superscript but today it appears this way - nice surprise for me too.

f) In the first version, the fire mage was creating blue magic flames ... which did not look so good and did not create contrast to the other magic. So, the magic flame thrower TM came in handy.

Excellent work! I really like the little building on the left :thumbup:

Appreciated! The building is my little greek/roman reference...

Nice work! Down with the first centurion!

Yepp!

Nice build :thumbup:

Thanks! :grin:

Great job here CB, the gardens are quite nice, and the buildings are excellent! :thumbup: Great work depicting the power source thing and the fig posing makes this a nice action packed scene! :classic:

:sweet:

It is the biggest action scene I have created so far!

Nice work! The gardens are a good touch and nice action in the first few shots! :thumbup:

Thanks - last picture shows that it could have been beautiful...

Sacrilege!

But seriously, nice MOC. The fire looks quite nice.

Ska made me do it! :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks!

Pretty nice ! :thumbup:

:grin:

The stairs and little temple look great! Really neat 'explosion' effect too :thumbup:

Thanks.

I actually just thought of it as a fire - but the explosion idea would be more fitting.

The trans antenas are a great touch. Definitely one of the craziest magic object of the challenge.

The trans antenas are a great touch. Definitely one of the craziest magic object of the challenge.

Thanks. I started with those "blue flames" but they were not sufficient to have a decent magical object. So it got more and more futuristic.

But my Death Star is complaining and wants the laser beams back :laugh: