Hello!

I have built yet another mini trial truck, this time I tried to replicate the Russian Gaz 66 off road truck:

gaz66-1.jpg

To use the model team tires I had to make it very compact, and as a result I had to use a chain to transfer power to the driveshaft, which I do not like.

I used leaf springs (flex axles) in my live axles, which both makes it very compact and gives it tons of suspension flex.

• 4x4 - M motor
  • Steering - M motor
  • Leaf spring live axles

Video:

img_1325.jpg

img_1326.jpg

img_1327.jpg

img_1333.jpg

img_1328.jpg

img_1329.jpg

img_1331.jpg

I think this needs to go to the front page..

Awesome creation :thumbup:

The front axle is very cool!

I've made LDD model of chassis for this truck:

Gaz66-chassis.lxf

Thanks!

I was going to make it myself, but my computer is broken.

And the front axle is indeed very useful

This is very nice and compact! You have inspired me to make something small that crawls over stuff :grin:

This is very nice and compact! You have inspired me to make something small that crawls over stuff :grin:

To me too ! Maybe two micro-motors and wire control?

That is very good engineering in a very small space. Two good targets met. Also could you perhaps have used some of these (http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=56904c01&name=Wheel%2030mm%20D.%20x%2014mm%20with%20Black%20Tire%2043.2%20x%2014%20Offset%20Tread%20(56904%20/%2056898)&category=%5BWheel%20&%20Tire%20Assembly%5D#T=C wheels. They are the same size as the ones you used but with an axle hole in the middle

That is very good engineering in a very small space. Two good targets met. Also could you perhaps have used some of these (http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=56904c01&name=Wheel%2030mm%20D.%20x%2014mm%20with%20Black%20Tire%2043.2%20x%2014%20Offset%20Tread%20(56904%20/%2056898)&category=%5BWheel%20&%20Tire%20Assembly%5D#T=C wheels. They are the same size as the ones you used but with an axle hole in the middle

Thanks!

I don't have those tires, but they would be almost perfect as they are rubber and not hard plastic. It would get one stud wider though, which isn't too bad

A baby? ;-)

Nice truck!

You managed to squize all important (power) functions in such small package. Very nice :wink:

On 10/26/2017 at 11:44 AM, Kumamoto said:

yeah lxf  is broken ? fix pls

Oh ok, I'll look into it 

Hopefully done tomorrow