TalonCard

LEGO Dimensions – Counting the LEGO Multiverse

Updated with the 3048: Midway Arcade universe from Dimensions, which does indeed seem to be a world of arcade game playing rather than one inspired by game storylines. Also learned that Ninjago's latest storyline introduced the Sixteen Realms, which apparently includes 1300A: Underworld, 1300B: Dark Realm, 1300D: Cursed Realm, 1300E: Cloud Kingdom and the Land of Chima, formerly 1500, now (approprietly enough) 1300C. (Those of you who actually watch the show, please feel free to fact check these names.)

TC

Yes, these are the correct names, except the cursed realm has been basically destroyed at this point.

Well, guess what franchise is next to receive the Dimensions package?

:grin: Now added as 2505: Scoobyverse.

Can anyone list all of the other theme references that are in the bios of the collectible minifigure series?

There are quite a few! Some of the more interesting ones are in the Evil Mech, Classic King, Detective, Dino Tracker, Evil Knight, Grandma, Island Warrior, Nurse, Pirate Captain, Sleepyhead, Space Miner and Space Villain bios.

Yes, these are the correct names, except the cursed realm has been basically destroyed at this point.

Thanks!

TC

:grin: Now added as 2505: Scoobyverse.

There are quite a few! Some of the more interesting ones are in the Evil Mech, Classic King, Detective, Dino Tracker, Evil Knight, Grandma, Island Warrior, Nurse, Pirate Captain, Sleepyhead, Space Miner and Space Villain bios.

Thanks!

TC

If this is of any interest, the Cursed Realm turned out to be the stomach of a gigantic being called the Preeminent, which, upon attempting to invade Ninjago, fell into an underwater gorge and hasn't been heard from since...

I might make a chart listing connections between LEGO themes in this topic's multiverse fashion, perhaps stopping at areas like comics because of the sheer volume of crossovers that might not all be listed on the internet. To give you the idea, it'd be similar to this chart I'm currently improving that covers (mostly) Cartoon Network shows that are crossover-connected:

2nc1191.png

Since the different universes share connected themes, it'd be listing all themes that are connected without having to separate them into the different universes. And I imagine with TLM's various connections, the video game-exclusive connections and everything referenced in the Minifig bios, it'd encompass an interesting range of themes that exist in some way in the LEGO multiverse; practically everything from BIONICLE to Mario.

If I might propose and name...*drumroll*...

Universe 1300F: Sentai Mountain (Realm).

It is something of a long shot, seeing as how Exo-Force failed to make or have any out-of-theme references...except for this tile, which appeared on the Ninjago Mechdragon in 2013:

3068bpb0880.jpg

Look familiar at all?

Try comparing it to this:

Exo-force.jpg

It's not definite proof of anything, but it certainly leaves the possibility open, and until there's proof to the contrary, I think its safe to list it as a realm.*

*It's highly unlikely, based on maps, technological achievements, etc. that Sentai Mountain is in 1300. Nor is does it seem to be an "off-world" reference a la Clutch Powers - although this is admittedly possible.

Thanks for staying on the ball with this, guys. :)

Also, apparently HAL 9000 makes an appearance in LEGO Dimensions.

And seeing how we are not updated with it, the next video in the passed around box story has... Alison Brie, the voice actress of Unikitty.

Oooh, good catch on both of those! I had no idea HAL showed up. And I wonder if this is the last of the box videos, now that it's come from one of the voice actors to another?

If I might propose and name...*drumroll*...

It is something of a long shot, seeing as how Exo-Force failed to make or have any out-of-theme references...except for this tile, which appeared on the Ninjago Mechdragon in 2013:

3068bpb0880.jpg

Look familiar at all?

Try comparing it to this:

Exo-force.jpg

It's not definite proof of anything, but it certainly leaves the possibility open, and until there's proof to the contrary, I think its safe to list it as a realm.*

*It's highly unlikely, based on maps, technological achievements, etc. that Sentai Mountain is in 1300. Nor is does it seem to be an "off-world" reference a la Clutch Powers - although this is admittedly possible.

Oh man, that is a great catch--how in the world did you notice that? I don't think it's concrete enough to warrant its own entry just yet, but I'll definitely add it to the Sixteen Realms entry. Nice speculation.

You both have inspired me to finally make the big LEGO Dimensions update I've been putting off. (I know, I know, it was the reason for this thread in the first place!) Here's the run-down:

Added 1750: Vorton World and 1750A-M Adventure Worlds

Added 3048A-3048G to the Midway Arcade universes (defined as trans-reality pocket dimensions in-game by X-PO.)

Added 3049: 2001niverse (It's a shame that 2001 and 3001 are already thoroughly taken.)

Renamed 2007 Mystery Dimension to match the end level name. It seems likely that the

takes place in this universe, the box having come full circle. Might be a separate Brieniverse (not to be confused with the Breeniverse, of course,) but we'll see if the box goes anywhere else.

Renamed 1 Foundation Prime to match the Dimensions name.

Added Flintstones and Jetsons hidden level info to 3036: Springfield.

Added Exo Force speculation to The Sixteen Realms entry.

Things to watch for:

The Jetsons and Flintstone easter eggs probably indicate future Hanna Barbara level packs.

Are we missing any alternate dimensions/universes from DC, Marvel, Doctor Who, or Ghostbusters acknowledged within one of the games? The alternate Cyberman universe from nuWho seems a likely candidate, and I know we've got LEGO Avengers coming up.

TC

Target world update! Added 2506 Target Ad-verse and 2506A Holiday World from the 2015 Target

. While researching this I realized I'd somehow missed a Bullseye mascot promotional set from 2010, so I added 3050 Targetverse as well.

TC

Um, I see that the LEGO Movie is part of all this, and since in the film, Batman snagged the hyperspace drive from the Millennium Falcon, how is LEGO Star Wars NOT part of all this?

...and is Droid Tales a separate sub-universe?

Don't forget this ad:

https://www.youtube....h?v=bqp52flP9d4

There's also been those Technic commercials where Technic products show up in other themes like BIONICLE (G2) and TLM.

LOL, nice find on that Target ad. I'd assume that was part of Holiday Odyssey world; it doesn't really do enough world building to confirm a separate universe. I'd be interested in seeing those Technic ads...

Um, I see that the LEGO Movie is part of all this, and since in the film, Batman snagged the hyperspace drive from the Millennium Falcon, how is LEGO Star Wars NOT part of all this?

...and is Droid Tales a separate sub-universe?

LEGO Star Wars has its own universe in 3001--it's been part of this from the get-go. :) As of right now I'm assuming that the Droid Tales is part of 3001; there are probably enough differences in the storyline to make it distinct from, say, the LEGO Star Wars video games, but I think the flexible nature of LEGO allows for some variation in narrative without having to assume an alternate universe for each one.

You've reminded me that hyperspace itself probably deserves its own entry: 3001A: Hyperspace. ;)

TC

Yikes! That certainly adds a number of crossover universes. Thanks, for Effect! That plus the upcoming Disney LEGO minfigures makes for a sizable update. Added: 2507: Sky Ad-verse, 2508: Mahna Mahna-verse, 2509: Earth-120703, 2510: Frozeniverse, 3008C: Ultimate LEGO Marvel, 3051: Tomorrowland, 3052: Aliceverse, 3052A: Wonderland, 3053: Incrediverse, and 3054: Ee-arth. Phew!

TC

Edited by TalonCard

Woah, I'd never even heard of some of those! Thanks npgcole! (just2good has a great channel.)

From this, the upcoming LEGO Batman 3, and the LEGO Dimensions Midway level pack, added: 3012B: The Fifth Dimension, 3048H: Seven-Twenty, 3048I: Badlands, 3048J: Blasteroids, 3048K: KLAX, 3048L: Toobin, 3048M: Marble Madness, 3048N: RoadBlasters, 3048O: Timber, 3048P: Paperboy, 3048Q: Cyberball, 3048R: Vindicators, 3048S: Xybots, 3055: Juliusverse, 3056: The Emporium, and 3057: BR-verse.

TC

Whoo boy, the latest Dimensions announcement just added a ton of universes, and then there's the recent LEGO Ideas announcement too! Buckle up!

Added 1301: Lego City: Universe, 3058: Toys "R" Universe, 3059: The Land of Ooo, 3060: Mission: Impossiverse, 3061: A-Verse, 3062: The Goon Docks, 3063: Mobius, 3064: World of the Knight Rider, 3065: Townsville, USA, 3066: Kingston Falls, 3067: Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, 3068: Phone Home-iverse, and 3069: Pepperland. I think we're well on our way to having a LEGO counterpart of every major 80s film now. :laugh:

Super excited to see LEGO City: Undercover getting added--that was an awesome game with some fun characters.

TC

was thinking these would be a good idea for Lego Dimensions (wont happen but still).

Dune

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the BBC TV series one)

Space: 1999

Mission: Impossible (the Peter Graves/Steven Hill one)

yes someone else was the star of Mission: Impossible to begin with

Blake's 7

Get Smart

Hogan's Heroes

Alice in Wonderland (book version and not Disney*)

Below the Root

*easier to get the book.

Whoo boy, the latest Dimensions announcement just added a ton of universes, and then there's the recent LEGO Ideas announcement too! Buckle up!

Added 1301: Lego City: Universe, 3058: Toys "R" Universe, 3059: The Land of Ooo, 3060: Mission: Impossiverse, 3061: A-Verse, 3062: The Goon Docks, 3063: Mobius, 3064: World of the Knight Rider, 3065: Townsville, USA, 3066: Kingston Falls, 3067: Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, 3068: Phone Home-iverse, and 3069: Pepperland. I think we're well on our way to having a LEGO counterpart of every major 80s film now. :laugh:

Super excited to see LEGO City: Undercover getting added--that was an awesome game with some fun characters.

TC

What.. what is this? Is this all in the game? These are in the game?

was thinking these would be a good idea for Lego Dimensions (wont happen but still).

Dune

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the BBC TV series one)

Space: 1999

Mission: Impossible (the Peter Graves/Steven Hill one)

yes someone else was the star of Mission: Impossible to begin with

Blake's 7

Get Smart

Hogan's Heroes

Alice in Wonderland (book version and not Disney*)

Below the Root

*easier to get the book.

Blake's 7! Thunderbirds might be more likely. ;) Although given that we have A-Team, of all things, anything is possible.

I would be very much surprised, given the attention to detail paid to all eras in the Doctor Who level pack, if there wasn't some kind of substantial reference to the 1960s Mission: Impossible in the level pack. Supposedly the only reason the Tom Cruise film wasn't a direct continuation of the TV show was that the original cast refused to return to be killed off at the hands of the Jim Phelps character in the beginning of the 1996 film. (Understandable!)

Given the current partners for Dimensions, and the general 80s nostalgia, my guesses for future Dimensions sets:

Justice League

The Matrix

Looney Tunes

Tom and Jerry

Home Alone

Breakfast Club

Weird Science

Last Starfighter

Men in Black

One would think Disney would be likely at some point now that Infinity is no more...

What.. what is this? Is this all in the game? These are in the game?

Pepperland is from the LEGO Ideas Yellow Submarine, and the Toys R Us universe is from the recent promo set.

TC

Edited by TalonCard

Woah, I didn't even know about that one! I'll have to add it to the list...it does make it even more likely, assuming there's no conflict with Disney...

TC