Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

[CG:A15, DK vs. U] Ante Up

To the surprise of many, Ulandus had mustered enough men to commit a large army in the northeast corner of the Desert King's territory. The movement of such a large force, however, did not go unnoticed for long. One of the Desert King's crack units happened to be nearby and enjoying a respite after their recent victories. The unit, refreshed and re-equiped, was ordered out to meet the Ulandians and drive them back into the sea. Exhausted and under-supplied, the Ulandian force would likely stand little chance.

A photo using Garmadon's mirror technique:

17206415570_0949fbb81a_z.jpg

And a photo of the MOC, with the troop commander:

17206416010_45b4f88217_z.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------

Hello! As you can see, I tried my best to imitate Garmadon's mirror technique he used in his GA, To War! And wow, what a frustrating task it was! I'm sure I cursed Garmadon on more than several occasions as I tried to figure out that first photo. It's interesting how much the images are distorted as they are reflected between the two mirrors. I tried a few things to cut down on that but I didn't have much luck.

It was definitely an interesting experiment though, kinda makes you think in multiple dimensions. And then, you know, your mind starts to wander to metaphysical properties such as our place in time and space, the truth of existence, quantum possibilities and what have you. Such is the effect of two mirrors with some LEGOs in between. Oh, I'm rambling now...

A couple of other things I should note: Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find two mirrors in a little podunk Arkansas town? Or the challenge of dodging the cashier's inevitable inquiry over why I need two mirrors? The answer is very!

Also, I managed to crack one of the mirrors as I was trying to extricate it from its frame (the store only had two mirrors, each different. More headaches!). So, seven years of bad luck. Thanks a lot, Garmadon.

Anyways, thanks for looking! Please don't make me do this again!

Nice work ME! That legion looks sharp!

Very nice! WHERE DID YOU GET THE EAGLE SHIELDS?

THEY ARE FROM THE MINIFIGURES LINE

:laugh::head_back::laugh_hard: You gave me a good laugh. I'll answer for it though that Garmadon had nearly as much trouble with his mirrors as well. :laugh:

Impressive final result though! :thumbup:

perfect counter! I love the troop leader.

Fantastic counter MassEditor ( :thumbup::wink:), sorry for putting you through all of that! :look::grin: Yes, the mirror effect was quite difficult on this end as well - though I thankfully had mirrors available! - but it took about two days and a over a hundred pictures! (two of which turned out usable! :laugh:) I'm rather curious how you got such good lighting on it though, I took my picture outside and it turned out rather dark... Thanks for a good laugh as well! :roflmao::laugh_hard::iamded_lol:

Sounds like you're close to a mental breakdown! :roflmao: Your description had me chuckling pretty hard! The commander has some interesting fig-parts combos. :thumbup:

Now, ME, don't you go wasting your money on therapy, when they can go into nice bricks useful for building! :wink:

Nice counter!

That's a pretty good army - with or without the mirrors. And the base looks nice too. Good counter.

Good job with the reflection image, sounds like it was quite a pain to get working. Excellent fig combinations and base texture too :thumbup: