Sign in to follow this  
Spader

[CG:J12, U vs. DK] A Dark Secret

"What are you doing?" Asked the Ulandian Lieutenant. The people had been loitering around the temple, accepting food from Desert King "non-combatants". That said, the food the "peaceful" soldiers held a dark secret.

"We need food!" A citizen called out. And indeed, his young son was with him.

"And guess," the Lieutenant asked, "Where that food came from? The Desert King's generosity?"

"Why-" the Desert King "non-combatant" started, but was cut off.

"NO! It came from the starving mouths of Ulandian farmers. You think your situation is bad? These farmers have been raided, killed, and stripped of every menial possession. And these," the Lietenant yelled, pointing at the Desert King cronies. "Are attempting to buy your loyalty with it!"

The citizens looked down in shame. The Lieutenant's heart softened. He threw a brown sack to the crowd.

"That's my pay for the last 4 months. Use it sparingly," he said, and walked off. The citizens looked up, and some of them cried tears of joy. The Lieutenant knew that pay was his right. But he decided that these people needed them more.

17198512610_4ee3b6a21f.jpg

17198513660_b30847634c.jpg

Builder's notes; A nice little counter to this. Hope it works! But tell me what you think!

For the praise of His glory!

~Andrew

Nice build and a great story Andrew. It will probably be disqualifed as a counter though as it's too big, as happened to Dr Cogg. The counter should be 8x8 or smaller :wink:

Nice build and a great story Andrew. It will probably be disqualifed as a counter though as it's too big, as happened to Dr Cogg. The counter should be 8x8 or smaller :wink:

Are you sure? If so, please let me know.

Nice work! I like the road texturing and landscape :classic:

Thanks!

Nice build!

Thanks!

Excellent build Andrew, very nice arch, landscaping, and road! :thumbup: However, as robuko said, this would need to be DQed for a counter because it is far bigger than the original guerrilla, but maybe you could make it a guerrilla? :wink:

Excellent build Andrew, very nice arch, landscaping, and road! :thumbup: However, as robuko said, this would need to be DQed for a counter because it is far bigger than the original guerrilla, but maybe you could make it a guerrilla? :wink:

okay..........can I just change the title?

Can you change the title to [G:G9, U vs. DK] A Dark Secret?

Can you change the title to [G:G9, U vs. DK] A Dark Secret?

I'm afraid I don't have that power, but Ska or one of the regulators or mods could change it for you :wink:

Nice build! I like both idea, story and execution.

In my view we may need to be a little flexible in terms of the size requirements, especially for these tiny builds. In this particular instance, it may be too large, though. We shall let the higher powers decide! (Ska)

The idea behind that rule was to keep the builds in proportion, not to disqualify a lot of builds :)

The base is very well-textured and all the different minifigs are nice. The sack is a good accessory but it would stand out better in medium dark flesh. All this talk of food is making me hungry...

from the challenge C rules:

The challenge is, the build must be similar (think mirror building, but you can reinterpret the build) to the guerrilla attack. (IE: if the guerrilla builder made a farm, and set it ablaze, the counter attack should show the same farmstead [doesn’t have to be exact, but an interpretation of the farm] in transition back to working. Rebuild it, garrison it, etc…) Counter actors should make it known that they plan on countering a guerrilla in their territory so that there are only a few people working on a counter (that way your team can counter multiple threats). Counter builds cannot be larger than the Guerrilla build they are countering.

This is not that similar, and it's 4x larger than the original....

Dr Cogg was not able to change his to a GA so I'm not sure how this should be treated.

The challenge is, the build must be similar (think mirror building, but you can reinterpret the build) to the guerrilla attack. (IE: if the guerrilla builder made a farm, and set it ablaze, the counter attack should show the same farmstead [doesn’t have to be exact, but an interpretation of the farm] in transition back to working. Rebuild it, garrison it, etc…) Counter actors should make it known that they plan on countering a guerrilla in their territory so that there are only a few people working on a counter (that way your team can counter multiple threats). Counter builds cannot be larger than the Guerrilla build they are countering.

Dr Cogg was not able to change his to a GA so I'm not sure how this should be treated.

Alright, Just tell me what the final decision is.

When was this? There has been a lot of builds, so I may have forgotten, but we have usually allowed changes. If that was the precedent we can keep it, but I just don't remember Dr. Cogg being DQed when he wanted to turn it into a GA instead.

When was this? There has been a lot of builds, so I may have forgotten, but we have usually allowed changes. If that was the precedent we can keep it, but I just don't remember Dr. Cogg being DQed when he wanted to turn it into a GA instead.

Yes, that is correct - Dr. Cogg was not told that he could not turn his build into a guerrilla when it would not work as a counter (the reason I suggested it to Andrew here and not to Dr. Cogg is that, while Andrew's makes perfect sense as a guerrilla, Dr. Coggs did not).

So this can count as a GA?

Good color choices, and the pillar/wall in the back looks neat, though I think it'd look even better with an arch supporting the top part :classic: