Sign in to follow this  
Full Plate

[MOC] The Lumberjack's Cottage

Hello!

I'm a 35 year old who just got back into lego because of my 4 year old son. We build quite a lot together and often my son wants us to build this or that, and I try to design something to his liking. Although our collection is rather limited, I've been inspired, by reading here on eurobricks, to just go with it and try to build something with what we have.

So, here is our first proper-ish MOC: The Lumberjack's Cottage. My son had created a lumberjack minifig (minifig + axe) and required a new home for him. The home also needed a garden, but could apparently not contain any trees, because the lumberjack would have already cut those down :) Because of our limited collection though, the MOC could only show a small part of the house.

16741434534_7b744cfa0d_z.jpg

16743678183_326aab0855_z.jpg

17365353565_e41297cae1_c.jpg

C and C is very welcome. Hoping to learn here :)

Small-collection builds are the most challenging in all of Lego. The base is well detailed and the house (what we can see of it) looks pretty good. You've used some good building techniques and ultimately that's more important to me than the size or scale of the build. The grey window frame is a good contrast to the white of the wall and the roof looks weathered. And the vegetation looks great. Keep on building!

Very nice. Simplistic yet detailed. Great job bro. Also welcome to the community, you'll have fun. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Good details for a limited lego collection. I see a future of more lego for you haha! Good luck with future builds!