Sign in to follow this  
mrcp6d

[WZ12, H12: High Council] Battle along the Qar-Akhen River

I finally grew a Masa Palm--woohoo!

17156684247_774fb653eb_c.jpg

Perhaps in retrospect, attempting to capture the fertile Great Loop was an error by the Desert King. More than one of his mummies died simply from falling into the river and the rice paddies. But when the High Council arrived to aid the Ulandans, there was no quarter given to the Desert King's forces. Reports from the scribes tell tales of mummy warriors willingly jumping to their deaths by water rather than be dealt with by Skullcrusher and his well used--and legendary--steel club.

16743877903_4fbebbb850_z.jpg

Skullcrusher on the warpath. Educating mummies by beating their heads in since the rise of the Desert King.

A few more on Flickr.

The colours and presentation are terrific but it's the minifig posting that steals the show here. Excellent entry.

As the others have said the posing really makes this scene but the base, border, tree, water and other details are very good. Lots of action going on in a small space. Excellent.

A great build here mrcp6d, the water textures and colors are excellent and the action is well done! The curved dock also adds a nice touch! :thumbup:

Fantastic minifig posing Mrcp6d, and great landscaping and dock to go along with it! :sweet: Excellent tree and water as well, I'm glad you all are on our side this time! :wink::thumbup:

Thanks everyone! This was a ton of fun to build. As soon as the railing went up, I knew there was going to be a crazy minifig going (mostly) airborne.

I really like how you did the water and the terraces. The colors blend great here.

I love all the 'action' in your creation. The posing is excellent and I like the water and the bank :thumbup:

Edited by Balbo

Fantastic looking scene and action, it's awesome how much you packed into this build! The figures and posing look great here, especially Ol'Skullcrusher! Good work too on that angled pier. I'm a little unsure about the use of trans tiles in the water. They just don't match the rest of the water technique, but this is just a small nitpick! :thumbup:

Thanks all :grin:

I'm a little unsure about the use of trans tiles in the water. They just don't match the rest of the water technique, but this is just a small nitpick! :thumbup:

Yeah, I can see what you mean there. I was trying to gain some sense of flowing (Qar-Akhen River) water left to right with those tiles. I guess it didn't quite work.

Nice job on the palm! And I think this is some of the most dynamic posing I have yet seen! Brilliant! :classic:

Presentation is (as always) top notch :thumbup:

(Do agree with ME, though - those tiles don't really fit in :sceptic: )

Nice job on the palm! And I think this is some of the most dynamic posing I have yet seen! Brilliant! :classic:

Presentation is (as always) top notch :thumbup:

(Do agree with ME, though - those tiles don't really fit in :sceptic: )

Yeah, the more I look at them, the more I agree with you guys. Lesson learned I suppose.

Nice action and great photography! :thumbup:

Wow, thanks Gideon! This is high praise coming from a photographer like you. :blush:

Lovely build! In particular, I like the bank design, curving dock, and railing :thumbup: Great to see skullcrusher is giving these mummies an education :laugh: