Sign in to follow this  
Plissken

[Review] 30320 Gallimimus Trap

Yesterday I went to Toys 'r Us and bought the Dilophosaur Ambush. Beside that the shop had a display of the JW polybags. For €3,49 I picked up two of them. Now here is my little review of this pretty nice set.

First some data:

Line: Jurassic World

Year: 2015

Pieces: 29

Price: €3,49

Packaging: Polybag

Ok, lets start with the polybag itself. It is a standard size and had plenty of room for all the parts. The front depicts the whole set with a little hexagon on the right with a seperate picture of the dinosaur and its name. In this case the Celophysis is called Gallimimus. Weird choice :wacko:

001polybagdjbt1.jpg

Next is the instruction sheet. It is a doublesided paper with every building step in clear sight.

002instructions1vux6h.jpg003instructions2r5yrz.jpg

The part selection is nice. There are only a few but all of them are pretty usefull for all kind of builds.

004parts78xfi.jpg

There are two parts which stood-out. Both are printed tiles. The first one is the yellow/black warning tile in 1x4. You can't have enough of that. The second one is a 2x2 tile with the Jurassic World logo on it. That's pure awesome. The bigger sets seem to have only sticker for that, so this little set is a perfect way to get hold of this nice tile.

005poisplj3.jpg

The leftovers. Nothing special.

006leftoversjpx75.jpg

Here is the complete trap. It is a basic build and functions pretty well. In the end the parts are more interesting as the build so it will definitely end up as a parts-pack.

007trapxxxc2.jpg

Now on to the star of this bag. The Celophysis/Gallimimus. I don't know why Lego decided to call this dinosaur mold any different, but I think it has to do with movie-connection and the will to not produce a new mold. Nevermind, this figure is great and the colour is very bright and totally stood out. Pretty beastie.

008dinon4ar9.jpg

A comparison between the 2015 Gallimimus and the 2012 Celophysis.

009comparisonseytz.jpg

The final set in all its glory.

010finaldvy81.jpg

Final verdict:

It is a great little set. The parts used a nice and usefull. The printed tiles are the secret stars of this set and the dinosaur is fun two. With a few packs of these you could easily build a Celophysis pack with lots of Jurassic World signs on their way.

Highly recommended.

nice little review! now i definitely have to check if the toys r us in dortmund has it, too!

Edited by KCMatze

I'm pleased to see that this is available for purchase, at least in some parts of the world, rather than only being available with the JW game. Nice review, I'll going to scope out whether Toys R Us in Sweden is carrying them, although I've never seen polybags in there before.

Thank you, guys. I'm glad you liked this review. It's a nice little set.

Great review man, really well written and structured. Hoping to go on a hunt and see if this is available in UK stores soon. :classic:

Great review! But

I didn't see or even hear mentioned a Galliminus or any sort of dino trap in the movie. I wonder where this design came from! :wacko: