Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[WZ15:E12; High Council] Another day, another battle

Hereby my build for war zone 15: The battle for Amrakect. Should I win, C6 should be the next war zone.

17326047376_0bc3f0b725_c.jpg

It had been a long march since the desperate battle of Queenscross. Circumstances had forced Beorthan to lead his unit, now bolstered by a group of beastmen, out of the city before the outcome of the battle was clear. However, judging by the overwhelming forces thrown into it by the socalled Desert King, Queenscross would be lost. While their own skirmishes had been succesful, and seen many a mummy and goblin slain, they could not quite shake the feeling of defeat from their hearts, as their legs grew weary and Amrakect appeared on the horizon. Already, smoke was rising from the farmsteads and villages surrounding the city, obviously the result of Desert King troops approaching.

After entering the city, Beorthan bade his unit to halt for a final rest, before again joining the frey, defending the city. He looked around at his unit and saw the rugged, ready-for-anything expressions you only see on veterans tired of war, but still set to defend their cause. "Will there ever be an end to war?" he thought to himself, before standing up before this troops, clearing his throat.

"Even though large tracts of Kaliphlin and many old and famous cities have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Desert King and all the odious apparatus of his depotic rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end.

We shall fight in the desert, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength. We shall defend every grain of sand, whatever the cost may be..."

17144577447_a4ea0704e7_z.jpg

"...We shall fight at the gates..."

17164227218_2c3385438c_c.jpg

"...we shall fight in the streets and in the alleys..."

17326046196_a8e61c80d3_c.jpg

"...we shall fight on the rooftops..."

"We shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, Kaliphlin or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then the Guilds beyond the borders, armed and guarded by the brave men and women, would carry on the struggle, until, in Gods' good time, Historica, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the people of Kaliphlin."

Pausing for a moment, Beorthan looked around at his troops, all with determined smiles upon the their faces.

"FOR THE REPUBLIC! FOR THE PEOPLE!"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: First of all, credits go to Winston Churchill for a slightly paraphrased speech. :wink:

I have tried to emulate Erynlasgalen's style in the corner towers walltexturing, and in the city wall, while still adding something new. (Further, I have taken some inspiration from some of LittleJohn's brilliant Katoren builds. :classic: )

I rather like these builds with narrow passageways, but it is a real pain to photograph, which is why I have a included the first picture, where the wall is removed. Hope I have succeeded in presenting the build reasonably well.

There are a few extra pictures on my flickr.

C&C is always welcome :thumbup:

Fantastic entry! The wall texturing and tower are excellent :thumbup:

Glad to hear my Katoren builds inspired something :sweet:

Very nice build with a lot of good techniques, details and decorations. The windows are very good and I like the big archway. There's a lot of action and the speech fits the overall presentation perfectly. Good job and keep it up!

A very nice build for this War Zone Bregir, the 1x1 rounds in the wall add some really nice texture! :thumbup:

Very nice build and set up, Bregir. Great entry.

Great buildings and wall! I like the use of the brick with handle in the tower, and the roof on the house is pretty neat :thumbup:

Also, glad our Katoren builds have inspired you :classic:

Wonderfully done. The speech is quite appropriate. :thumbup:

Thank you, Gedren - I find that speech very inspiring - and given how this war is progressing, it seemed very appropriate. Let's just say I am silently hoping for some parallel to Pearl Harbour, now... :wink:

Fantastic entry! The wall texturing and tower are excellent :thumbup:

Glad to hear my Katoren builds inspired something :sweet:

Gald you like it, LJ - would have loved to see your take on this.

:classic:

And yes, of course - those Katoren builds are great! (You should register Katoren as a settlement here :classic: )

Very nice build with a lot of good techniques, details and decorations. The windows are very good and I like the big archway. There's a lot of action and the speech fits the overall presentation perfectly. Good job and keep it up!

I am glad you think it all fits together - And I did use a lot of techniques that were new to me :classic:

This is a perfect MOC for this crazy Book II :thumbup:

Crazy indeed - I am being pushed to the limit with each build - but then again, only by pushing the limits can we truly improve :tongue:

A very nice build for this War Zone Bregir, the 1x1 rounds in the wall add some really nice texture! :thumbup:

Thanks - those are directly lifted from Erynlasgalen's techniques. :wink:

Very nice build and set up, Bregir. Great entry.

Thanks, Robuko - with all these warzones, I am really trying not to let quality drop :classic:

Brilliant story, and great build! :thumbup:

Thanks, LV!

Great buildings and wall! I like the use of the brick with handle in the tower, and the roof on the house is pretty neat :thumbup:

Also, glad our Katoren builds have inspired you :classic:

Yeah, those handles were a flash of inspiration, and while it does leave quite a few gaps, I think it actually gives a nice apperance. Happy you like that roof - I put an effort into making it look finished.

And yes, those Katoren builds are amazing, and I am really looking forward to seeing more of your collab! :wub:

Many nice details, I like the balance between light bluish gray and tan :thumbup:

Great! I like the story and the build. Especially the wall lookk excellent! :thumbup: