Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[WZ14: F14, DK] Under the Flowering Trees

In Qarkyr, there are two distinct cultures. In certain parts of the city these two cultures can be seen across the street from each other. When it became clear that their city was not only divided culturally, but only in which war-ing faction they supported, the merchants of the city took up arms against each other.

17317262285_72195b9919_c.jpg

16697011523_a2608fa876_c.jpg

Having only knives and their fierce passion to win whatever the cost, the fight promised to be a bloody one. The sultan of Budd-apest had heard about the coming conflict and had sent one of his men to help the western merchants in the defense of the Desert King's right to rule. A dwarven captain stood on the side of the eastern merchants, urging them on to fight for the freedom that Ulandus offered.

16697007583_320ee4137d_c.jpg

17317257955_8ddd319616_c.jpg

17129716020_9b6bb68a20_c.jpg

16697010263_509841f97a_c.jpg

17316828711_0e524c2791_c.jpg

16697008803_32cf5631b9_c.jpg

OoC: So I found out I'm really bad at building Asian style buildings. This was the best I could come up with. I hope you all like it.

Good job portraying the cultural clash and the multicolored leaves look very good here! :thumbup:

Yow! This is getting vicious! The buildings both look good to my eyes and the tall one certainly looks Asian or Oriental - both the design and the colors. Despite their small size the trees look great in that setting and the new colors fit in very well. There are enough minifigs to have one heck of a knife fight. Very good job!

Nice scene and the colors look very vibrant! I also like that you added a Dwarven captain. :wink:

Beautiful colours here and great use of the plant pots. I think you are allowed 32x32 for this challenge, if you want to expand it

The culture clash here really stands out, MKJ, great job on the houses and trees! :thumbup:

Cool roof design for the asian building, and the potted trees lining the street are a nice touch :thumbup:

I really like the colour scheme in your creation and the way you made the houses. It's nice seeing the new elves leaves in your MOC :thumbup: