Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[WZ12, H12: High Council] Protecting the food supplies.

Hereby my entry for war zone 12. If I should win, I6 should be the next warzone.

Unaware of the treaty signed between Ulandus and the High Council to secure food supplies to Ras-el-Akhen, the Desert King's commanders have sent out patrols to secure strategic points in the Inner Loop. This particular patrol has been tasked with looting a grain silo to fill the supply trains for the Desert King Army.

Mummy corporal: "The Ulandian troops are holed up in the city trying to hold the gates... They will not have the troops to guard every little silo... This will be a piece of cake!"

Mummy soldier: "Those flags, sir... aren't they...?"

Mummy corporal: Sure does look like High Council colours... but that makes no sence... What the ....?!?

High Council Sergeant: Hands up, you dustbags! SOLDIERS, TO ME! I wouldn't suggest reaching for that weapon, you piece of Desert Scum!

16721535934_a91f0c7979_c.jpgProtecting the food supplies by Beorthan, on Flickr

The Desert King will not see his supplies bolstered this day. Even facing vastly superior numbers, the High Council will keep up the fight for the Republic and for the people!

And without figs.

17156222088_6148f9d669_c.jpgProtecting the food supplies by Beorthan, on Flickr

As always, C&C is welcome. Those boardwalks were fun to build, but posing the soldiers on the afterwards was a pain in the #ยค#%! :tongue:

Very nice build Bregir, great job on the boardwalks! :classic::thumbup:

Edited by Garmadon

The curved dock is impressive. Nice fig posing too considering there aren't any studs to stick them to! :classic:

Good job with the grainery and the boardwalk/dock is excellent. The base is pretty simple but you've got enough vegetation to keep it interesting. Barrels always catch my eye for some reason. And you have a lot of action going on for sure! Good job overall.

Inventive idea for this warzone. I really like the hot air balloon and the curved walkways.

The dock is really nice! Good idea with the grain silo as well! :thumbup:

Nice work Bregir! I especially like the boardwalk, it looks decayed but still useable

Edited by LordDan

Boardwalks are always fun, and that's a neat silo design :thumbup: The color layering in the base is a nice touch as well :classic:

Very nice build Bregir, great job on the boardwalks! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks, Garmadon - is interesting to have a you as a shield brother, rather than an opponent, for once :wink:

Great build!! Like you can see how deep the water is

Thank you, sir!

I have another (finished) moc with deep water, but just haven't had the time. As it unrelated to the Kaliphlin civil war, I have deprioritized it.

But I think this technique gives a nice depth to the build! :classic:

The curved dock is impressive. Nice fig posing too considering there aren't any studs to stick them to! :classic:

Thanks! And I ensure you, that posing, and then moving the build to be photographed, only to redo it all, was quite a pain! :wacko:

And one thing is posing minifigs on tiles, another is posing them on slightly sloping, irregular tiles! :tongue:

Excellent work with the boardwalks and water! :thumbup: Great silo too :classic:

Thank you - glad you like the silo! Originally, it was going to be a watchtower, but it didn't turn out well, so I rethinked it instead :classic:

At first i thought these guys were running in a circle! :grin:

Great build!

Hehe, I see how you could get that impression! :tongue: Thanks!

Good job with the grainery and the boardwalk/dock is excellent. The base is pretty simple but you've got enough vegetation to keep it interesting. Barrels always catch my eye for some reason. And you have a lot of action going on for sure! Good job overall.

My interpretation of this warzone was a lush terrain, but not necessarily all of it cultivated for farming. And apart from the river, where the boat lies, there is actually a small stream running under the boardwalk in the back, but I am not sure it shows! :tongue:

Inventive idea for this warzone. I really like the hot air balloon and the curved walkways.

Thanks - found it in a box and thought I might put it to good use! Also became a dome on my Queenscross entry. :classic:

The dock is really nice! Good idea with the grain silo as well! :thumbup:

Thanks, Kai! As I said to Garmadon, it is nice for once to fight alongside the champions of Ulandus! :classic:

Nice build! :thumbup:

Grazie, mylord! :classic:

Nice work Bregir! I especially like the boardwalk, it looks decayed but still useable

Thanks, Lord Dan - that was exactly the look I was going for.

Boardwalks are always fun, and that's a neat silo design :thumbup: The color layering in the base is a nice touch as well :classic:

Thanks, SK. Without a border, there is a greater need for some detail on the base, I guess. Glad you like it! :classic:

Very nice entry, definitely my favorite of this WZ! :thumbup: That grain silo design is perfect, especially with the grain nozzle detail. The landscaping, curved pier and water look great too. Glad to see more of your entries for Ch. IV, there are always a lot of big and small details to appreciate in your builds. Your work for Kali has been particularly enjoyable!

Though, these poor DK soldiers... looks like they never had a chance! But, imprisonment is bad enough, does the HC really need to add insult with such a derogatory term like Desert Scum? That really hurts, you know? :laugh:

Edited by MassEditor