Sign in to follow this  
cimddwc

The Fishmaster - a salmon-colored modular building

Hi everyone,

some time ago I was looking through the BrickLink color list to see if there are affordable parts in some nice, rare but useful color - and found the Scala wall panels in light salmon. Well, when ordering them, I assumed they looked just like any normal plate at the bottom, but it became more complicated (see last picture) - anyway, here's the result:

16721727793_5dd0349b7f_c.jpg

» Flickr album

And yes, there's some reference to the

, the misheard lyrics version of Nightwish's "Wishmaster"...

Simple backside:

17154183398_4bc7a2f3c0.jpg 17154188168_c4edc202da.jpg

17341985605_f68cc4ec39_z.jpg

17315994176_bfedc5840f_z.jpg

16721731013_b319a7d168_z.jpg

The Master is throwing a fish to the customer who wants to be able to truthfully tell at home that he caught the fish himself. (Yeah, an old joke, but it lent itself to its use here...) Amusing the Apprentice and another customer:

17341989515_b3c5c24f68_z.jpg

Upstairs, we have the Fishmaster's apartment, with daughter and grandson visiting - incorporating this year's little Easter set:

17340086902_6fc6dfa973_z.jpg

And antlers like those in the Haunted House:

16721730013_4c569f011b_z.jpg

Next floor: sleeping room and bathroom:

17154410280_b6a3326402_z.jpg

16721729293_f25499b43a_z.jpg

In the attic, there are just a few of the mandatory old toys:

16721728933_df46bd4588_z.jpg

And here's a look at those strange Scala panels:

16719501994_2871511e8d.jpg

» Flickr album

Hope you like it!

Very nice modular 'cimddwc', delightful exterior and excellent detailing inside (cute use of that Easter egg decorating set for the kitchen).

Brick On 'cimddwc' ! :grin:

Nice way to incorporate this rare colour. In the same way I'd like some day to incorporate some modulex bricks in rare colours. BTW, a building in this colour would be illegal in the Netherlands :laugh:

Again there is some cray SNOTing going on on your facade. I also like how you incorporated the easter scene. I aswell caught myself a few times thinking about enlarging the scene the complete modular.

Overall this is again some great work! :)

Very impressive build! :classic: I really like the color on those wall panels, when combined with the white, and all the trim and accent pieces the building is very elegant. Nice interior details too.

Salmon colour gives an excellent, sensitive touch! Is that forest themed sticker in the bedroom also official LEGO one?

Thanks, everyone!

Nice way to incorporate this rare colour. In the same way I'd like some day to incorporate some modulex bricks in rare colours.

Looking forward to seeing that!

BTW, a building in this colour would be illegal in the Netherlands :laugh:

Why's that?

Salmon colour gives an excellent, sensitive touch! Is that forest themed sticker in the bedroom also official LEGO one?

Yes, it's from the Winter Village Cottage.

Why's that?

Very strict planning codes. Every house has to fit in in its neighboorhood. Once a man in Amsterdam painted his house pink, but he had to repaint all of it, or face a hefty fine.

What an enchanting building! That salmon color really goes wonderfully with gray and white. I like how the seagull is biding his time on the roof.

This is gorgeous! Love the colour combination and the detailing on the facade.

Very strict planning codes. Every house has to fit in in its neighboorhood. Once a man in Amsterdam painted his house pink, but he had to repaint all of it, or face a hefty fine.

Funnily enough, a nice understated salmon shade like that would be just fine for a lot of places in the UK.

This looks like one of the lovely old hotel/boarding house/ B&Bs out in Torquay or Paignton. Lovely :classic:

Fishmaster, apprentice & the seventh seagull....you nailed it :D

As usual, excellent building, and nice work on incorporating those strange pieces.

Sorry, but that's a bit exaggerated. There are plenty of odd-coloured buildings over here. Fitting in with the neighbourhood has a broad meaning and mainly depends on the story behind it and the planning commission to follow that story. Also: if it's historically correct it might even be illegal to change the odd-colour of your building (monument preserving rules). Example of a "pink" painted building in Amsterdam - approved by the muncipality:

soeters.jpg

The man you're referring to painted his house in "oud Zuid" a very distinctive pink. That stood out as an eyesore and also did indeed violate planning code - for which he neglected to get an exemption.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Great building, comddwc! Love the exterior and interior!

Great modular building, cimddwc! Always nice to see a MOC built around a specific "odd" part. Beautiful interior, too!

Example of a "pink" painted building in Amsterdam - approved by the muncipality:

soeters.jpg

Well that would make a terrific modular as well! :wub: Just saved the picture for future inspiration...

Sorry, but that's a bit exaggerated. There are plenty of odd-coloured buildings over here. Fitting in with the neighbourhood has a broad meaning and mainly depends on the story behind it and the planning commission to follow that story. Also: if it's historically correct it might even be illegal to change the odd-colour of your building (monument preserving rules). Example of a "pink" painted building in Amsterdam - approved by the muncipality:

The man you're referring to painted his house in "oud Zuid" a very distinctive pink. That stood out as an eyesore and also did indeed violate planning code - for which he neglected to get an exemption.

Sjoerd Soeters must have good friends in the committee that decides on these things.... But that's enough off topic.

A very nice modular building! Great choice of color (and I thought bright light yellow was exotic... :classic: ). And there's the seagull from the Parisian Restaurant!

Sjoerd Soeters must have good friends in the committee that decides on these things.... But that's enough off topic.

Wander around Amsterdam (or the Netherlands in general) for a while and you'll encounter many more such examples (modern buildings too). Salmon is actually not that offensive a colour for buildings. Bright pink on the other hand... :wink: