Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

1 hour ago, Cynath said:

This is great! Thanks for the idea. What's that hair, btw? 

Emma's (from Friends)

On 3/5/2021 at 1:07 PM, STARHAWK said:

Disney is pondering to Asian mainly China market so therefore a new movie with Asian theme. So far they failed, Mulan movie was a disaster in China. BTW the new production from lego for the Asian market is good - mainly the Chinese New Year sets - appealing to Asian market done right.

As i see it, she will be possibly cancelled everywhere, its like KKs personal vendetta against Gina. How on earth will u cancel a figure which was on preorder and is in demand ? (talking bout Hasbros 6" actionfigure)

Therefore im asking for suggestion on customs. I dont purchase customs but in mando, there are too many good figures not yet released and im disappointed on legos official production. I have tons of SW sets so i should concentrate now to get the best figs and Lego is not providing them or making them at a slow rate (purchased the new mando set right on release and 2pcs)

Im still waiting on a good hairpiece for Jyn Erso without hat - that could be done in a Friends set still.

A lot of what you posted in this thread actually belongs in the Media thread.

On 3/6/2021 at 8:30 AM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Ignoring the questionable wording in this discussion, in answer to the query here's my modified Cara Dune and hair choice (I've shown her before):

Gun and armour also from Firestar Toys, arms from Simon Baz Green Lantern mini figure and print erased.

That's a good custom. I'm still going to try to find solutions using official lego, but that looks great. 

_20210329_173143

Anyone tried the yellow boots for the Cloud Car Pilots yet? Not sure about swapping their hands to yellow. 

Vintage-Cloud-Car-Pilot_Big_2.jpg

Some really basic, though pretty satisfying, pilot mods

Resistance pilots with head and helmet switches to bring them more in line with other rebel pilots. From L-R, the Battlefront rebel trooper helmet, the helmet from the R1-J5 astromech and a Firestar custom pilot head, the polybag A-Wing Pilot helmet from Rebels, and Barion Raner's helmet (those last two helmets with a little of the print erased to make them distinct), plus the Firestar custom Resistance pilot arms for the dark orange flightsuits

d9f6cfa6d2ec6ce9df238d850bb0db49.jpg

Some surplus Snowspeeder pilot minifigs pressed back into service with clone pilot helmets and the Firestar custom Snowspeeder pilot arms

b2158370f338e24e67d690dd67b9b829.jpg

And, more of an actual update of figures that were otherwise quite lacking, Shadow Guard updated with Vader's legs (though with plain black hips still), Firestar custom Deathtrooper arms, the red head switched out for trans red, and BigKidBrix weapons, plus Shadow Troopers with black hips replaced with pearl dark gray, and the Firestar custom arms

877c99283871039af6b64dcadd79a150.jpg

Edited by V-2929
correcting reference from Brickarms to BigKidBrix

1 hour ago, V-2929 said:

And, more of an actual update of figures that were otherwise quite lacking, Shadow Guard updated with Vader's legs (though with plain black hips still), Firestar custom Deathtrooper arms, the red head switched out for trans red, and Brickarms weapons, plus Shadow Troopers with black hips replaced with pearl dark gray, and the Firestar custom arms

I've never seen those weapons before from Brickarms, are you sure they're from them and not another company? 

42 minutes ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

I've never seen those weapons before from Brickarms, are you sure they're from them and not another company?

Sorry, yes, you're right. They're BigKidBrix, not Brickarms. The Cortosis staff rather than the force pike, as you can't add the blade to the pike

Somewhere I saw a really nice custom head for old Rex: a more accurate skin tone, more pleasant expression etc. But it's really hard to track down; has anyone else seen it?

Anyone have any ideas for the bad batch's weapons? Some choices are clear: Echo and tech have the standard clone pistols with existing lego molds, and hunter's knife is easily replicated with a golden lego knife. But I'm not sure what to do for the clone commando blasters used by Hunter and Wrecker. The official set just uses the double barrel gun from marvel :hmpf_bad:.

20 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Anyone have any ideas for the bad batch's weapons? Some choices are clear: Echo and tech have the standard clone pistols with existing lego molds, and hunter's knife is easily replicated with a golden lego knife. But I'm not sure what to do for the clone commando blasters used by Hunter and Wrecker. The official set just uses the double barrel gun from marvel :hmpf_bad:.

If you’re not a purist then Arealight do the Commando blaster itself. It’s currently readily available from Firestar Toys:

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Weapons/Arealight-Guns/41861-Arealight-~-Spec-Ops-Blaster-~-Black.html

ALGUN003_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

On 5/7/2021 at 1:33 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

If you’re not a purist then Arealight do the Commando blaster itself. It’s currently readily available from Firestar Toys:

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Weapons/Arealight-Guns/41861-Arealight-~-Spec-Ops-Blaster-~-Black.html

ALGUN003_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Does anyone have side by side pictures of the Arealight and the CloneArmyCustoms version of this gun?
I am thinking to buy a batch of them, but I am unsure which one looks better. The CloneArmyCustoms seems to have the proportions better (the Arealight seems a little short), but it does not have a trigger whereas the Arealight does.

Edited by Samppu

I'm currently trying to make a few  cantina extras.

I currently have Tzizvvt built. I also have a plan or part made Myo, Elis Helrot, and a couple of others.

However, does anyone have any tips on making the Tonnika sisters?

I'm currently thinking of using either Barriss or Luminara for a face. Seen a few different black types hair too.

I'll share on here when all are built and try and list what I used 🙂

On 5/7/2021 at 5:33 AM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Unfortunately I am a purist. :tongue:. Right now i'm thinking some combination of the hose handle piece and headlight brick to get a blockier gun.

If anyone's got omega suggestions, those would help too!

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Unfortunately I am a purist. :tongue:. Right now i'm thinking some combination of the hose handle piece and headlight brick to get a blockier gun.

Perhaps attaching a 1x1 plate with clip to the underside of the part 62885 or part 61190 could make the gun

Edited by Stuartn

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ok well why not just use the blaster that Sabina Wren always came with (Tech will be be coming with one anyway):

62885.png

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=62885&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Reviving this thread to show off some mandalorian updated figures and purist customs. My apologies for the dog hair pervading each image. Mando Collection:

IMG_8069%5B1%5D.JPG

Updated Figs/purist custom named mandalorains: Djin Djarren (episode 1), Boba Fett (BoBf), Bo-katan (mandalorian), The Armorer, Sabine Wren (season 1), 

Spoiler

IMG_8076%5B1%5D.JPG

Unnamed purist custom Mandalorians: Mandalorian War Suit, Mauldalorian, Death Watch soldier, Gunmetal Mandalorian, Purple Mandalorian, Mandalorian bounty hunter.

Spoiler

IMG_8077%5B1%5D.JPG

When organizing my mandos, I noticed I had six major mandalorian types: 5 each from the battle packs, 7 blue death watch, and 7 sets of christmas jango torsos with mauldalorain heads (a cheap bricklink order). So I made six clans, with coloration and "backstories" inspired by another memorable franchise with six distinct tribes. The colored medium blasters are official lego molds, just prototype ones.

Clan Talok:

Spoiler

IMG_8070%5B1%5D.JPG

Clan Talok is based outside an active volcano on mandalore. Led by Ta'lars, clan Talok has red-armored soldiers including spear-wielding honor guards, and specializes in forging armor and ceremonial weapons. Talok warriors are known for their unstable temperament, but also their legendary courage, and led a constant resistance against the empire.

Clan Galara:

Spoiler

IMG_8071%5B1%5D.JPG

Clan Galara lives upon the shores of the largest of mandalore's rare oceans. Under their leader Haliish, clan Galara's soldiers include elite honor guards, and have a major export of aquatic foodstuffs. Clan Galara's troops are a rare tribe that attempts to resolve conflict and pacify clan disputes, but are far from pacifists and display great cunning in fighting off aggressors. While they accepted imperial rule, they joined Bo-katan's rebellion after she gained the darksaber.

Clan Lekari

Spoiler

IMG_8072%5B1%5D.JPG

Under the command of Kora, clan Lekari lives in a dome-city able to hold a man-made jungle on the planet in an attempt to re-introduce some nature after the planet was scourged. Their agile green-armored soldiers farm and domestic non-native wildlife to try and bring some fauna back. Clan Lekari's soldiers are known for their carefree and fearless attitudes. They flew under the Empire's radar, which turned out to be a crucial mistake after they attacked the empire after the fall of the second death star.

Clan Pohachi:

Spoiler

IMG_8073%5B1%5D.JPG

Living on rocky cliffs on the western part of mandalore, clan Pohachi is led by master craftsman Hatu. Clan Pohachi's brown-armored soldiers are expert tacticians and skilled mechanics all, and are well-known for their stubbornness, an almost mythical ability to stand like the mighty cliffs they live under to defend their clans. This virtue led to the empire eventually deciding that their clan wasn't worth the effort to subjugate, and ceding the jagged cliffs to clan Pohachi.

Clan Konaro:

Spoiler

IMG_8074%5B1%5D.JPG

Living in the icy mountains in the far north of mandalore, the Konaro are near-mystical snipers are said to be so proficient they no longer have need of rangefinders. Under their leader Maparo, the self-sufficient Konaro officially joined the empire in name, but in actuality observed a sort of armed truce with the stormtroopers. This swiftly moved into live fire once news of the second death star's destruction reached their clan. 

Clan Onari:

Spoiler

IMG_8075%5B1%5D.JPG

The black-armored soldiers of the Onari live in caverns beneath the surface of mandalore, with their rangefinders modified to serve as light sources. Led by Nupua, the Onari are known for their wisdom, choosing to evade the empire by removing any trace of themselves from republic records and retreating entirely below the surface. Along with their proficiany in mining the myriad ores below mandalore, the Onari are highly skilled with their shotgun-like blasters, as any stormtrooper unlucky enough to venture into the tunnels would find, killed before they could ever report the subterranean clan to their superiors.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Calanon said:

What do people recommend as a hair piece for Gar Saxon? 

I would suggest following https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=92081#T=C&C=2 which is fitting pretty well imo.

I don't know hair pieces for shaven sides - you could also try this one ... https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=98138#T=C&C=2

Edited by Mr Ogel
wrong word

I found myself pleasantly surprised by the current Ahsoka figure - but as I still have dual molded white-orange arms, I created a "Gandalf-style" Ahsoka (Rebels timeskip) with some Ninjago torsos, while her actual body parts are used to make a Mandalorian warrior. There's several dark blue arms with gold printing or yellow arms with dark blue or gold printing on them that fit. I also think the plain silver helmet or Mando fits really well.

...so another Mandalorian warrior. As soon as I manage to use some flickr or whatever I post them here :pir-grin: