Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

30 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

I call it the "Han's coat paradox". For years everybody debated if it was brown or blue and lots of costumes have this issue in Star wars. To me both colours are fine and I tend to pick the colour/print that I prefer on the figure. That's the beauty of Lego, they are your figures and It's the tinkering that I find enjoyable about collecting them.

Absolutely. Just make the figures that suit you. That’s the general gist of this thread after all.

And it was totally brown. :)

12 hours ago, Robianco said:

Actually he’s wearing very dark blue.

I noticed that watching the film a few weeks back. Have you considered the NYPD Officer legs on the figure!?!?

4 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

I noticed that watching the film a few weeks back. Have you considered the NYPD Officer legs on the figure!?!?

Do you mean the GCPD one? The ones with boots on?

52 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Do you mean the GCPD one? The ones with boots on?

Ha yes them the ones. I have them on a FO officer and Republic Captain. They look great - imagine they’ll look sweet on Lando as well...

14 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

Ha yes them the ones. I have them on a FO officer and Republic Captain. They look great - imagine they’ll look sweet on Lando as well...

The only problem with them is that they have boot and Lando just wore shoes with regular long pants. He didn't graduate to the boots gang until he became a fully-fledged rebel.

17 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

I call it the "Han's coat paradox". For years everybody debated if it was brown or blue and lots of costumes have this issue in Star wars. To me both colours are fine and I tend to pick the colour/print that I prefer on the figure. That's the beauty of Lego, they are your figures and It's the tinkering that I find enjoyable about collecting them.

Doesn't he wear the Empire jacket at the end of Solo?

3 hours ago, Forresto said:

Doesn't he wear the Empire jacket at the end of Solo?

I believe he is referring to Han's Hoth Coat rather than the one he wears for the rest of the movie, as for Solo, I believe he was wearing the black vest from ANH with a dark blue shirt underneath 

10 hours ago, Robianco said:

The only problem with them is that they have boot and Lando just wore shoes with regular long pants. He didn't graduate to the boots gang until he became a fully-fledged rebel.

Well I'm a sucker for dual moulded legs. If it's screen accurate or not I can't resist a booted figure :wub:

Alright, I went ahead and ordered some torsos. What do you think looks closest to this picture?

213?cb=20160918224449

CorSec troops. Which design do you like best?

CorSec Officers. Which do you like better?

23 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Alright, I went ahead and ordered some torsos. What do you think looks closest to this picture?

<snip>

I would say the third picture has the better torsos as it is the right way around and has a belt. And for the hairpiece I would suggest the hairpiece from the Han Solo Mudtrooper polybag.

13 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

I would say the third picture has the better torsos as it is the right way around and has a belt. And for the hairpiece I would suggest the hairpiece from the Han Solo Mudtrooper polybag.

Thanks. I'm not worried about replicating the picture perfectly so the hairpiece doesn't matter. I'm just trying to get the look right for the uniform. I agree that the Resistance torsos make the design better, but it doesn't have any green which I really want to incorporate.

I thought I remembered a civil war style torso from Citizen Brick but it has yellow instead of green. Otherwise it would have been a pretty good option.

On 10/2/2018 at 3:34 AM, MKJoshA said:

213?cb=20160918224449

Thinking about it. Do you want me to set you up a decal of this torso?

52 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I thought I remembered a civil war style torso from Citizen Brick but it has yellow instead of green. Otherwise it would have been a pretty good option.

Thinking about it. Do you want me to set you up a decal of this torso?

Thanks for the offer, but I'm a purist.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:04 AM, Richpepperell said:

Trying to put some more Cloud Riders together, but the head pieces are going to be the main issue. Thinking about Killmongers mask for Baroosh Pawl.  

Tubes should be doable with a plain pearl silver head and a hood. 

Does anyone have any ideas for the others? Are there any China/Nexo knights/Ninjago pieces that would be good?

Found the perfect head for you for Tubes:

https://store.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626bpb0859#T=C&amp;C=1

How did you remove part of the printing like that? I’m thinking about doing that with some prints, but the brasso method seems hard to be precise

2 hours ago, Tusserte said:

How did you remove part of the printing like that? I’m thinking about doing that with some prints, but the brasso method seems hard to be precise

I can’t speak for him but for me personally I find a pencil eraser to be excellent. I use a standard block eraser for bigger jobs and one on the end of a pencil for precise jobs. May take a few minutes, it seems like the top layer of the printing is the toughest but once it starts disappearing it tends to quicken up immensely.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:26 AM, Daddy_Stardust said:

I can’t speak for him but for me personally I find a pencil eraser to be excellent. I use a standard block eraser for bigger jobs and one on the end of a pencil for precise jobs. May take a few minutes, it seems like the top layer of the printing is the toughest but once it starts disappearing it tends to quicken up immensely.

Isn’t eraser like fine grit sandpaper in that it dulls the plastic shine?

Using a rubber will dull the shine but It's only really noticeable if you hold it up to the light and move it around looking for it. Besides, I try not to rub off printing on expensive parts I might later regret. Does using Brasso dull the plastic to the same degree and could you not get more precision using a dab of Brasso on the end of a cotton bud?

That arm is awesome!

I could see two looking really good on Thrawn or a brooding Imperial Officer.

With rio expanding what LEGO is willing to produce in terms of arms maybe we’ll get something similar on an official level?

17 hours ago, That Brick King said:

Arm behind back is from Crazy Bricks, and unfortunately, they sold out of the black color. However, the upgrade does add a lot to the figure. 

I think it looks weird to be honest, maybe it's possible to make it good in one way, but the way it's bending and the length of the arm doesn't do it for me, however, I like the idea and the effort

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I think it looks weird to be honest, maybe it's possible to make it good in one way, but the way it's bending and the length of the arm doesn't do it for me, however, I like the idea and the effort

I agree to an extent, but the arm really seals the deal, at least for me and for those who love TCW. Also the arm is flat at the arm hole, it's just I took the picture without realizing that it wasn't pushed in all the way. 

8 hours ago, Forresto said:

That arm is awesome!

With rio expanding what LEGO is willing to produce in terms of arms maybe we’ll get something similar on an official level?

I really hope we get a lego version, like an official version, but I doubt it. And I agree, I really hope they have white sometime so I can give Thrawn his signature stance from Rebels. 

On 10/12/2018 at 1:09 AM, Forresto said:

That arm is awesome!

Rio?