Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

I know this probably isn't quite the right place to ask, but I figure it's as good as any. I'm putting together lots of orders from all over, and I'm trying to figure out a good way to make a Rahm Kota minifigure So far, no dice on a head and a little less luck on torso, arms and legs. 

12 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Trying to put some more Cloud Riders together, but the head pieces are going to be the main issue. Thinking about Killmongers mask for Baroosh Pawl.  

Tubes should be doable with a plain pearl silver head and a hood. 

Does anyone have any ideas for the others? Are there any China/Nexo knights/Ninjago pieces that would be good?

The kill-monger mask is what I used, is not perfect, but Im thinking about painting it

For Tubes I need two things actually, both his mask and his actual head. I have not made it yet, but for Edrio and Benthic I used the head of Ploo Koon, cut them a bit and painted them tan. Looks pretty ok.

10 hours ago, quietviator said:

This is how I did Benthic Two Tubes for a Rogue One-era look

Wow - that’s really good - still haven’t managed to wrangle my two-tubes together - never thought of using the ten numb head - it looks great!

2 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

Wow - that’s really good - still haven’t managed to wrangle my two-tubes together - never thought of using the ten numb head - it looks great!

I will use ten numbs none gasmask side for another of the cloud riders, Silvasu FI. The trick is for me to try to never reuse a head when I moc, so if its occupied by another SW character I need to modify it somehow. However if the head has Two sides, it is allowed

A while ago someone asked about updating the rebels from 9489 Endor rebel trooper & Imperial trooper battle pack with printed legs. As there are not many sand green legs I was able to update the trooper with the tan vest. with legs from private basteren (https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-private-basteren-rebel-trooper-minifigure) that comes with the tie striker.

Updated Rebel commando with printed legs.

Still need to find legs for the trooper with the bandoleer and belt. Everything I have tried doesn't work. they either cut him off in the middle or don't look like they below on him.

Kinda OT, but I like the Imperial LAAT/i in the background and would love to see more of it! :)

6 hours ago, DomMk said:

Kinda OT, but I like the Imperial LAAT/i in the background and would love to see more of it! :)

It’s mostly a color swap of jbb_777s design. I did have to change one or two things. I posted a couple bad shots of it in his thread. 

I will have to take some more.

Don't know if I'm the first to say this, but the new Harry Potter wands left on their sprue make a pretty good Kalikori -that thing the Hera was always trying to retrieve in Rebels.

IMG_20180813_182150kalikori_a8871215goran-josic-kalikoria-01702-5000

GA. Thrawn, Commodore Faro, and Lt. Commander Vanto 1

Just got my FireStarToys Lego custom Thrawn in, and I have to say, replacing the original torso with this was the best choice I've made in awhile when it comes to minifigures. It really just makes the figure feel finished, compared to CAC or the official torso. Now just to buy that Sensei Wu CMF for the printed arms. Also, Commodore Faro from Thrawn: Alliances, and Lt. Commander Vanto from Thrawn(2017).

GA. Thrawn, Commodore Faro, and Lt. Commander Vanto 2

Firestar's Thrawn torso is excellent and really puts Lego''s to shame. I might buy a second in case anything happens to the first.

Looks like I’ll be venturing further into digital custom territory. Kat’s work on those figures at Firestar and the quality of the print is persuading me to pick up Thrawn, Kyle and Jaina. Damn it.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Looks like I’ll be venturing further into digital custom territory. Kat’s work on those figures at Firestar and the quality of the print is persuading me to pick up Thrawn, Kyle and Jaina. Damn it.

They are fantastic - what do you “predict” they’ll offer up in the future?

6 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

They are fantastic - what do you “predict” they’ll offer up in the future?

I really hope they make a Governor Pryce, even if it's just the torso. I really don't like using Tarkin's torso, as *ahem* something is definitely missing on it. I'd also like to see a Darth Marr or Jacen Solo figure from them.

Know what, just make many different Imperial torsos (normal Admirals specifically, and others that Lego seems keen on not making anytime soon). I'd be happy with just that. CBA to pay $20+ to make my Piett move up from Commodore to Admiral.

20 hours ago, Elder of Babylon said:

Has anyone tried these Stormtrooper arms on clones?

What do you mean by that? They all have the same coloured arms!

And a question: How would you make clone commandos?

I'm not a big fan of shaving the fin off a clone helmet, but is that the only way apart from buying cac?

5 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

I'm not a big fan of shaving the fin off a clone helmet, but is that the only way apart from buying cac?

I'm planning on just buying a custom made helmet. 

Honestly I've been there with shaving the helmet and it always leaves a thick line along the crest that sticks out significantly as it isnt glossy. Doesn't look great.

11 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

If I may ask, what's your reluctance to buy a Clone Army Customs helmet? They look great and in my opinion far better than the Arealight version.

Arealight Vs COC:

6631.jpgHG2562_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

On 13 augusti 2018 at 7:30 PM, Richpepperell said:

Don't know if I'm the first to say this, but the new Harry Potter wands left on their sprue make a pretty good Kalikori -that thing the Hera was always trying to retrieve in Rebels

Excellent find. I will do the same!

Here's something I threw together while working on my Imperial Officers/Stormtroopers: Special Forces Stormtroopers. The clothes all come from Capes4minigs, and the backpacks are from CAC. I also have two others with the same gun as the Commander, though I forgot to include them. Originally, I had design them to be bodyguards for my Chimera bridge build, as seen with the Commander and the blue arms. Then I decided to make the others with just plain (older styled) Imperial armor, and I felt those looked much better IMHO. 

Imperial Special Forces

Edited by That Brick King
Spelling error

9 hours ago, That Brick King said:

Here's something I threw together while working on my Imperial Officers/Stormtroopers: Special Forces Stormtroopers. The clothes all come from Capes4minigs, and the backpacks are from CAC. I also have two others with the same gun as the Commander, though I forgot to include them. Originally, I had design them to be bodyguards for my Chimera bridge build, as seen with the Commander and the blue arms. Then I decided to make the others with just plain (older styled) Imperial armor, and I felt those looked much better IMHO. 

Looking good! Only bit that doesn't work for me is the fact that the two regular troopers are holding M41A pulse rifles from Aliens... which for me is just too famous a gun from another sci-fi franchise to blend naturally. But if you like 'em that's all that matters :classic:

36 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Looking good! Only bit that doesn't work for me is the fact that the two regular troopers are holding M41A pulse rifles from Aliens... which for me is just too famous a gun from another sci-fi franchise to blend naturally. But if you like 'em that's all that matters :classic:

They're just a stand in for when I get more of those guns that's being held on the left by the commander.

12 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

If I may ask, what's your reluctance to buy a Clone Army Customs helmet? They look great and in my opinion far better than the Arealight version.

I live Australia, so postage is already expensive, and the figs also cost around 30 usd each. So all together is really expensive. I might try to get some if I visit USA one day though.