Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

4 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Definitely an interesting development. The level of detail on the Harry Potter figures is outstanding, as are the new molds. It just makes me want a Star Wars series more. I know all about the historical issues surrounding Star Wars CMF, I just can't believe that there's no chance of negotiating this, especially with the relative popularity of action figures nowadays. I'd have thought Disney and Lego would be pushing for it. 

Well if they just add two bricks inside, it should be possible right? Or is the problem the name CMF?

Maybe we should start compiling a list of characters who would benefit from teenager legs moving forward.

Jawas might since there were some fairly tall ones.

Wow firestar are fast, got my letter yesterday so from tuesday night to friday, just 3 working days from order to delivery from UK to Sweden, impressed! 

11 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Wow firestar are fast, got my letter yesterday so from tuesday night to friday, just 3 working days from order to delivery from UK to Sweden, impressed! 

I'm glad they arrived so quickly. I hope you're happy with them! :)

Still awaiting on my Firestar helmets to arrive. But in the meantime, here's a nice little very basic custom I did that everyone can easily do and most-importantly, is apparently accurate to a background helmet from ESB (probably the Hoth briefing since it reportedly belonged to "Hoth pilot" according to this prop photo, it also appears in many other helmet prop exhibitions), so this is a nice little addition you can make to your squadrons. Just using Luke's original vintage helmet from 1999 (very cheap to find) and a pencil eraser to remove the centre stripe, behold, "Hoth pilot". No idea who he is, but can't argue with an easy-to-produce additional screen-used rebel flight helmet that matches the blue logo ones nicely. Will take an updated group photo of all the pilots once my Firestar ones arrive.

43106121341_c4b311227d_c.jpg

43105643961_6c14a4108e_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Some of teh Hoth pilots are messy to try and work out. Tarn Mison was listed as a pilot but I think he's canonically an X-Wing pilot flying cover like Will Scotian was. Do we have any idea what helmet Kit Valent was wearing?

53 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Some of teh Hoth pilots are messy to try and work out. Tarn Mison was listed as a pilot but I think he's canonically an X-Wing pilot flying cover like Will Scotian was. Do we have any idea what helmet Kit Valent was wearing?

I’m sure the Will Scotian helmet should be Kit Valent. The scotian gig was announced as Valent at SW celebration ‘17 but Lego changed his name for the release.

OK... I've just had another quick read up and apparently Will Scotian's first canonical appearance in the SW universe was?... In the 2017 UCS Snowspeeder. Before that he was considered a Legends character. I think the confusion lies in the fact that as part of Legends he takes the call sign Rogue Two AFTER Zev Senesca's death. We never see his helmet unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Robianco said:

OK... I've just had another quick read up and apparently Will Scotian's first canonical appearance in the SW universe was?... In the 2017 UCS Snowspeeder. Before that he was considered a Legends character. I think the confusion lies in the fact that as part of Legends he takes the call sign Rogue Two AFTER Zev Senesca's death. We never see his helmet unfortunately.

Frustrating isn’t it! If that’s his only canon appearance and legends doesn’t ever put Scotian in Zevs gunner position then poor Lego Scotian doesn’t get a place in my Rogues. I’m using him as Kit! 

Firestar helmets just arrived in the mail too! They look amazing in hand!

12 minutes ago, LegoAldo said:

Frustrating isn’t it! If that’s his only canon appearance and legends doesn’t ever put Scotian in Zevs gunner position then poor Lego Scotian doesn’t get a place in my Rogues. I’m using him as Kit! 

Yeah. I've just moved him back to that position. I just need to get UCS arms for three pilots. Kesin Ommis who is Hobbie's gunner has a Hasbro figure with red Rebel emblems and a single red stripe through the middle. That's actually close to Luke's old Lego helmet although the red stripe is thicker. I may mask that off and spray it. Oddly that just leaves the grey Lego helmet with the red emblems as an unidentified pilot. I guess that now becomes Scotian.

Nice to hear the helmets have arrived too. They definitely look far nicer in hand than their promo shots indicate.

Just now, Robianco said:

Yeah. I've just moved him back to that position. I just need to get UCS arms for three pilots. Kesin Ommis who is Hobbie's gunner has a Hasbro figure with red Rebel emblems and a single red stripe through the middle. That's actually close to Luke's old Lego helmet although the red stripe is thicker. I may mask that off and spray it. Oddly that just leaves the grey Lego helmet with the red emblems as an unidentified pilot. I guess that now becomes Scotian.

I'm resisting the urge to put patterned sleeves on the figs outside of the blue firestar ones. Do you mean the helmet with the black shadowing thta came in the snowspeeder microfighter? If so, that's Dex Tiree's helmet.

3 minutes ago, LegoAldo said:

I'm resisting the urge to put patterned sleeves on the figs outside of the blue firestar ones. Do you mean the helmet with the black shadowing thta came in the snowspeeder microfighter? If so, that's Dex Tiree's helmet.

Unfortunately for me it's the printed arms from the UCS Snowspeeder. I've actually got 6 pilots with them now so just need three more. I wish I could just order them like the FS ones. I've now got 22 pilots with the X and Y Wing arms from FS.

Yeah.. I've got Tiree with that helmet for my Gold Squadron... it's just that (As with Zin Evalon) we've got a generic Hoth Snowspeeder pilot with that grey helmet so I'd like to associate it with a pilot that was either in a speeder of a support X-Wing.

7 hours ago, Robianco said:

I'm glad they arrived so quickly. I hope you're happy with them! :)

For sure!

On 6/29/2018 at 10:20 PM, Forresto said:

Maybe we should start compiling a list of characters who would benefit from teenager legs moving forward.

I’m always excited by any new moulds that can offer more variety to figs, and these legs are no exception.

However I can’t think of all that many SW characters that’ll benefit from these - main ones that spring to mind: Padme (TPM), Boba Fett (TCW) and Ezra...???

Some more obscure/unrealeased characters like Zuckuss, Hrchek Kal Fas, Rukh, possibly a Roonan character.

That’s all I can think of. Possibly Leia as she’s pretty short but it might just make her look childlike.

Still great to have more variety, hopefully one day they’ll release some legs an extra stud in length and even some tiny 2 stud high legs - both of which would benefit a great many characters imo...

On 6/30/2018 at 2:10 PM, LegoAldo said:

Here here - they’re brilliant eh!! :))

Got my Firestar helmets yesterday and they're absolutely excellent. I actually think Gold 5's is my favourite, just so tastefully done.

Still awaiting some more printed snowspeeder legs and another pilot before I can use them all on a group photo though.

And you'll be please to know that true-to-form, the heads I've stuck them on bear no relevance to the movies haha, Gold 5 is on a dark-skinned woman (although she does fly our Y-Wing) and the red one is on the 'cocky face' that looks similar to to Biggs, whilst my custom 'Hoth pilot' red starbirds one is now on the scared black woman pilot :grin:

Red Leader is at least on the lego stern-faced Snowspeeder pilot though, so I may avoid annoying someone out there with that one haha.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Here are all my pilots so far (excluding Blue Squadron)

Yavin Reds. Wenton Chan still in there as Red Eleven despite not being canon.

43177696921_27d2e5b57c_c.jpg

Hoth Rogues. Luke, Dak, Zev, Kit, Wedge, Wes, Hobbie and Kesin,

42459515564_be3cd0ec35_c.jpg

And finally my Gold Squadron pilots, Dutch, Dex, Wona Goban, Datchi Creel, and Pops Krail.

28308200047_d8f55850b4_c.jpg

Edited by LegoAldo

It's great to see so many pilots. This little foray into getting more accurate pilots and squadrons has actually been on of the most enjoyable things in Lego Star Wars for a while for me.

1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Are there any legs that could be used to update the older sand-green Endor rebel troopers?

I combed through a lot of options a year ago, trying to update my troopers and here's my solution 

Updated Rebel Pathfinders

I used the legs from the Ranger collectible minifigures a couple series back. 

Given the lack of sand green legs with decent prints, you will have to sacrifice exact accuracy for something that works and looks good.

Just now, Forresto said:

I combed through a lot of options a year ago, trying to update my troopers and here's my solution 

Updated Rebel Pathfinders

I used the legs from the Ranger collectible minifigures a couple series back. 

Given the lack of sand green legs with decent prints, you will have to sacrifice exact accuracy for something that works and looks good.

They look great just a shame it turns out you’ve all proven what I thought... there technically aren’t any. Oh well.

Here’s another question, has anyone tried the blue squadron arms from Firestar Toys on Cassian Andor in his winter jacket? I’m thinking they might look very movie accurate if the colours work!?

7 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Here’s another question, has anyone tried the blue squadron arms from Firestar Toys on Cassian Andor in his winter jacket? I’m thinking they might look very movie accurate if the colours work!?

I don;t have that Cassian fig but I think you're on to a winner there. I have the FS arms on a couple of blue pilots and the look great, especially with Dark Tan hands. I reckon they'd look awesome on him,

3 hours ago, LegoAldo said:

I don;t have that Cassian fig but I think you're on to a winner there. I have the FS arms on a couple of blue pilots and the look great, especially with Dark Tan hands. I reckon they'd look awesome on him,

Well your support on the matter has had me order a set just for Cassian haha; don't own any for my pilots, I know if I start going too detailed I'll just never stop, but thought this was a nice detail to add in this case. Besides, needed an excuse to order the 'Surfin USA' surfboard to go with my Beach Boys and their Model A Ford :grin:

I've got a set of the blue arms arriving in the morning along with stormy arms... I'll try them on the Cassian figure and post a pic

CASSIAN ANDOR ARMS

Yeah. They work.

LEGO REBEL PILOTS ANCO & FIRECLAW

Pink Squadron pilot Fireclaw & Red Squadron recruit Anco reporting for duty.