Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

18 hours ago, NivlacSupreme said:

Am I crazy or did I see dual molded boots for the Rebels Officer and Tarkin?

Haven't scrolled through to confirm, but I believe they were erased legs from the female ghostbusters.

Does anyone know if there's ever been dual molded gun metal grey/black legs - on a Batman for example. The new TLJ FO officer had a different colour scheme to the TFA ones. 

On 22-8-2017 at 1:40 AM, thebutkiker said:

Updated Thrawn and Yularen with the CMF Chef and Sushi chef legs

<snip>

That Thrawn looks awesome! I may have to pick up those legs for mine. I think Yularen would look better with the same legs as Thrawn though. 

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote images

2 hours ago, joeyl19 said:

That Thrawn looks awesome! I may have to pick up those legs for mine. I think Yularen would look better with the same legs as Thrawn though. 

Depends how screen-accurate you're being :grin: The black legs and tunic are indeed screen-accurate.

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-8528.jpg

On 23-8-2017 at 0:17 AM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Depends how screen-accurate you're being :grin: The black legs and tunic are indeed screen-accurate.

<snip>

I did forget about this, but I still think for it to look better, the printing should extend a bit lower. Overall I prefer the dual molded legs, but those ones work as well. 

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote images

On 8/22/2017 at 2:40 PM, joeyl19 said:

I would do Yularen the same but my OCD is kicking in to use these legs to keep it movie and tv show accurate. :grin:

Anyone know how to make an Imperial Special Forces trooper like from the Battlefront trailer? I figure an Imperial pilot helmet, but I need some ideas on other parts.

9 hours ago, brickmasterben11 said:

Anyone know how to make an Imperial Special Forces trooper like from the Battlefront trailer? I figure an Imperial pilot helmet, but I need some ideas on other parts.

You mean Inferno Squad agents? I will be basing mine on this MOC (minifigs are the last image on the album). Essentially, I believe they are TIE Striker pilots. For Iden Versio he uses head of Kordi from Freemakers and Padme's hair (shame it isn't available in black). For Gideon Hask I will be using this hair piece. And to simulate their red stripes on right arm, I am going to give these minifigs entire dark red arm.

Edited by Aurelius

I think this counts as an update. Whether it's a good or bad one is up to you all. lol 

6fac5cb4-eb52-4cd2-a893-4656ae3eef6f 77777777

He's kinda too tall, but I like him. Tell me what ya think. 

Since I finally got around to rebuilding 10123 Cloud City, I thought it'd be a good idea to update the figs:

QFfDm2W.jpg

I think they turned out pretty darn good. I couldn't find a better torso for Leia, short of using the original, but I wanted to keep the dark red. I don't currently have the funds to acquire the most recent versions of Boba Fett or Vader, but I'll get around to them eventually.

Those are some nice figs! I did the same thing to my Han Solo :thumbup:

Now that TLJ sets are out, anyone have good ideas for some of those figures? I'm looking to give Captain Poe Dameron some leg printing but I can't figure out what to use. Any suggestions?

I think that a pair of the dual molded legs from the new Lego Ideas Fishing Store would work well for a Commander Gree, with the olive green and black colour scheme. Can anyone else confirm?

maxresdefault.jpg

On 02/09/2017 at 2:45 AM, Infinite Bricks said:

I think that a pair of the dual molded legs from the new Lego Ideas Fishing Store would work well for a Commander Gree, with the olive green and black colour scheme. Can anyone else confirm?

I think because they're unprinted you'd lose more than you gain :/

How do you guys feel about the open backs on TIE pilot helmets? It bugs me but at the same time I don't really like using a plain black head

On 9/5/2017 at 0:00 PM, gudetamago said:

I think because they're unprinted you'd lose more than you gain :/

How do you guys feel about the open backs on TIE pilot helmets? It bugs me but at the same time I don't really like using a plain black head

I've used a few different balaclava heads for all of our TIE pilots and AT-AT drivers, as shown below; all the fun of faces combined with all of the benefit of full coverage at the rear of the helmet. The first is a Lego Star Wars head (got a few of this one), the second is a custom "ski mask" head from www.firestartoys.com (I have many of this one - he can even be used in the vintage open-lensed Snowtroopers without showing any skin because the eye-line is lower than the lens holes) and the third is official Lego from a Scooby Doo set - he's the only one I have of this head, so we've called him the Black Baron to go along with his vintage fighter ace appearance:

(You could also use TMNT movie foot soldier heads and I guess even Star Wars Imperial V-Wing Pilots to vary it up if you wanted)

36649178220_e064b59e20_c.jpg

37045816695_8155cf351a_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

On 9/1/2017 at 9:45 PM, Infinite Bricks said:

i think if you put a lego batman movie style belt on it it would look alright.

Resistance Rey hair for Bespin Leia and Depa Billaba?
This torso and these legs for Bespin Luke?
Also, white utility belts are out!

Edited by Ebkas

6 hours ago, Ebkas said:

Resistance Rey hair for Bespin Leia and Depa Billaba?
This torso and these legs for Bespin Luke?
Also, white utility belts are out!

Wait, white utility belts?! where?

4 hours ago, gudetamago said:

Wait, white utility belts?! where?

Is your user name egg related?        :tongue:

There is a white belt in the batman bricktober pack, and there may be more in the 2018 TLBM cmf and sets.:shrug_confused:

33911863203_318396483b_m.jpg

I though this head gave Anakin a clone wars (2003) look, next to him is Gar Saxon from Rebels.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

6 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Is your user name egg related?        :tongue:

There is a white belt in the batman bricktober pack, and there may be more in the 2018 TLBM cmf and sets.:shrug_confused:

Haha yes it is ! (A friend had it saved as a tumblr URL and then let me have it :laugh:)

Ahh I was looking on bricklink but I guess I jumped the gun. Hope it's on Bricks and Pieces / not too expensive!

6 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I though this head gave Anakin a clone wars (2003) look, next to him is Gar Saxon from Rebels.

2003 Clone Wars and Rebels are some of my very favourite things, wish they got more love in terms of sets and figures.