Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

14 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

With all due respect, since I loved your Sabine so much I copied her myself... Rex in football shorts sadly just looks like he is indeed wearing football shorts.

Unless of course he's meant to be wearing football shorts? In which case, the Rebels Rovers look great :wink:

Well I kind of like Rex like that actually, but one need to rubb off the Bayern München brand though

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Well I kind of like Rex like that actually, but one need to rubb off the Bayern München brand though

That alien writing? Nobody within the SW galaxy knows what it means :tongue:

19 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

With all due respect, since I loved your Sabine so much I copied her myself... Rex in football shorts sadly just looks like he is indeed wearing football shorts.

Unless of course he's meant to be wearing football shorts? In which case, the Rebels Rovers look great :wink:

I have him wear it when he chills out with Zeb :grin:. On missions however, he gets more serious pants.

Glad to see that! Though I could costumize 10 different versions of Sabine with parts connected to her torso. I wonder how she'll look with the "Ninjago CMF's freetime Garmadon arms".

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

That alien writing? Nobody within the SW galaxy knows what it means :tongue:

I have him wear it when he chills out with Zeb :grin:. On missions however, he gets more serious pants.

Haha that's great buddy, as long as you're happy with them, keep up the fun work  :classic:

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

As I've mentioned before I don't like to waste even very outdated vintage torsos, so here's a selection of 1999-ish formerly yellow-skinned minifigures brought up to date somewhat (at least as best I can):

35406290952_5b2a72ae1a_c.jpg

The two female old-dark-grey Imperial officers are based off Admiral Daala and and Ysanne Isard respectively. Sadly there's no black boots available for the old dark grey, so these little people will always just have to have plain legs (which is the reason I've never updated our newer Imperial officers, didn't want to make these guys stand out too much). Or perhaps they're science officers (or indeed "Imperial Development Project" officers) and they don't wear the boots? Galen Erso didn't, so let's go with that!

34765895963_20f1bf6598_z.jpg

And back to modern times, Imperial Hover Tank Commander (new arms):

*EDIT* - Just realised Moff Muffins posted this exact same thing several pages back, though we didn't own a tank pilot at the time so didn't really take note of it. I'd actually bought the arms on their own specifically for the vintage white rebel pilot we have but ultimately didn't like them when applied, so looked around our figures and thought "they'll look good on you!" after checking source material. Great minds think alike haha :wink:

35535563286_d152f0689c_z.jpg

35406290802_1b863ff97d_z.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust
Apologies! Resized (didn't notice that option, I'm new to using Flickr!)

Do you think non-female heads can pass as a female custom figure? I want to have a Depa Billaba figure but the best skin tone I think is that of Kanan Jarrus if I were to erase his goatee and cheek lines. Do you think that would be ok looking or do you think the head really needs a female head?

On 6/27/2017 at 11:48 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

@Daddy_Stardust I really like that Hovertank pilot! Where'd you get the arms from?

Whoops, sorry they're from Syndrome! Had to look it up, since I bought them individually instead of on the torso.

On 6/28/2017 at 6:33 AM, aukevin said:

Do you think non-female heads can pass as a female custom figure? I want to have a Depa Billaba figure but the best skin tone I think is that of Kanan Jarrus if I were to erase his goatee and cheek lines. Do you think that would be ok looking or do you think the head really needs a female head?

I don't see why not, once upon a time a lego head's gender was solely dependent on the what hair you stuck on them. Give it a shot!

That said, I used Barbara Gordon though for Sabine Wren, since I feel she's represented with a slightly darker skin tone (as do a few people https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3depzw/what_skin_color_is_sabine_from_rebels/) - does Barbara Gordon not work for you?

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

8 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

I don't see why not, once upon a time a lego head's gender was solely dependent on the what hair you stuck on them. Give it a shot!

That said, I used Barbara Gordon though for Sabine Wren, since I feel she's represented with a slightly darker skin tone (as do a few people https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3depzw/what_skin_color_is_sabine_from_rebels/) - does Barbara Gordon not work for you?

Gordon does have a good head and a little lighter dark flesh which is good for variety, I've used that one for a Pirates of the Caribbean Anamaria custom, but for Billaba I think that is even too dark.  I think I'd rather go lighter than darker, but I do think Kanan's skin tone is pretty good her.  I just hate to erase print from a head and not like the final result, but I've got a couple extra Kanan heads so it should be ok and I'll only do the one side.  

This is what my Depa Billaba came out like using a Kanan Jarrus head. The hair is not perfect as she has hair like Besoin Leia which there is no match, but I wanted one that made it clear she is female.

Jedi Depa BillabaReal Depa Billaba

I'm quite fancying the legs from this ninjago cmf for a biker scout. 

FB_IMG_1499090995130

lose the chains and the yellow tears and I think it could look pretty good. Roll on 1st Aug. 

On 3.7.2017 at 2:23 PM, aukevin said:

This is what my Depa Billaba came out like using a Kanan Jarrus head. The hair is not perfect as she has hair like Besoin Leia which there is no match, but I wanted one that made it clear she is female.

If you could paint a bit dark lipstick on the mouth, it wouldn't be bad, but I could also get used to how it is now.

To increase my female figures (currently my Rebel Army consists of 65% femals, to contrast the Imperials) and to make the faces more diverse I also did use male heads  a a lot.

19 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

I'm quite fancying the legs from this ninjago cmf for a biker scout. 

FB_IMG_1499090995130

lose the chains and the yellow tears and I think it could look pretty good. Roll on 1st Aug. 

They would work very nicely. Syndrome may still be better only in the sense that his legs may have less printing though but its good we have options now.

Do you guys think LEGO does this on purpose? Like, making these CMF's have useful parts for Star Wars figures to sell more? 

If so it's working. lol 

1 hour ago, JDbricks said:

Do you guys think LEGO does this on purpose? Like, making these CMF's have useful parts for Star Wars figures to sell more? 

If so it's working. lol 

There's no evidence for it - possibly...
They could have made the Ninjago CMF's Sushi cook-legs for Thrawn. It's the 5th time we'll get white pants + black boots, but the first time without any annoying printing. To me, feels like "sorry couldn't do it in the SW line, but here you go".

Does anyone know if a better hair piece for Jyn than the one LEGO gave her? It doesn't have to be purist. Thanks! 

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, joeyl19 said:

Does anyone know if a better hair piece for Jyn than the one LEGO gave her? It doesn't have to be purist. Thanks! 

Not that I can think of now...

Can anyone suggest a source of blue/black dual molded legs other than this GCPD guy. 32673439196_9a30a2aa5b_b.jpg

I want to boot up the new blue FO officers but they're pretty hard to come by. 

Just remove the printing on the police dude. 

Edited by JDbricks
Never mind, I misread it.

7 minutes ago, JDbricks said:

Just remove the printing on the police dude. 

He was asking for legs that are more available because those aren't that available.

4 minutes ago, Franklinw1234 said:

He was asking for legs that are more available because those aren't that available.

Oh, I read it wrong. 

Sorry, I'm tired. 

Has anyone tried using prototype boba fett's legs for snow trooper legs? It would be an expensive method to get them printed legs but i'm really curious. 

Could someone put the Rebels Ahsoka head on the season 3-5 Clone Wars body? Thanks.

1 hour ago, JDbricks said:

Could someone put the Rebels Ahsoka head on the season 3-5 Clone Wars body? Thanks.

Wouldn't work, her Rebels incarnation is the kind of dark orange which most ressistance pilots flight suits use, while CW Ahsoka has the normal orange, just like the Rebel Alliance pyjamas.

Pretty odd, since Hera's pants consist of a much darker orange than Ashoka's skin, while Hera's Lego figure has the normal bright orange pants.

5 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Wouldn't work, her Rebels incarnation is the kind of dark orange which most ressistance pilots flight suits use, while CW Ahsoka has the normal orange, just like the Rebel Alliance pyjamas.

Pretty odd, since Hera's pants consist of a much darker orange than Ashoka's skin, while Hera's Lego figure has the normal bright orange pants.

Oh, ok. That sucks. 

23 hours ago, Forresto said:

Has anyone tried using prototype boba fett's legs for snow trooper legs? It would be an expensive method to get them printed legs but i'm really curious. 

Here you go:

35452806650_698a079886_c.jpg

But I personally went with the legs from series 8's American football player and simply put them on grey hips since I felt the kneepads looked most accurate:

35000904774_392038fa3d_b.jpg

35671908662_702511e640_c.jpg

I've even put them on both new and old Snowtroopers, along with kamas, and best of all, Boba gets to keep his trousers on:

35000835254_8096682950_c.jpg