Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Do anyone know the best way to keep an update on new pieces that comes on pick a brick?

Not pick a brick, sorry bricks and pieces

Edited by Sneakguest

There really isnt a good way to keep a list nor should you try. Bricks and pieces seems to be sort've grey territory predominantly used to replace missing pieces from sets. TLG seems to already know that the system can be exploited by third part sellers so if you want the piece to stay on its better to not put a spot light on it. I don't personally understand the resistance if you're paying them money for it but whatever. 

That being said if you mean how to know when new pieces are put on, well I think since a list isnt advisable word of mouth is the best practice. 

6 hours ago, Forresto said:

There really isnt a good way to keep a list nor should you try. Bricks and pieces seems to be sort've grey territory predominantly used to replace missing pieces from sets. TLG seems to already know that the system can be exploited by third part sellers so if you want the piece to stay on its better to not put a spot light on it. I don't personally understand the resistance if you're paying them money for it but whatever. 

That being said if you mean how to know when new pieces are put on, well I think since a list isnt advisable word of mouth is the best practice. 

Thanx for answering, well that was kind of what I thought. Well what they could do is like have a limit amount of purchase on special items, such as animals or mini figure related parts to avoid exploitation... But then, is this forum, updating you mini figures the main kind of "word of mouth" source around?

My Imperial Star Destroyer Crew.
From the middle left: ISB Colonel Yularen, Moff Tarkin, Gilad Pellaeon and Admiral Piett.
Still trying to find some heads for the other officers to match real characters.

Shall I give Yularen the white legs with black boots?

Edited by Mamma Mia Bricks

On 10.6.2017 at 2:18 PM, Koralunderthesea said:

Tasu leech face for Stordan Tonc?

And what about this guy?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1613&idColor=28#T=C&C=28

That's what I used. Tasu Leech is maybe better but I wanted to keep my Tasu Leech figure together.

For Mefran, maybe:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb0814&idColor=90#T=C&C=90

What is the closest you can get to Rey's end scene look?  The most creative I can think of is wonder woman cuff arms, but that's not too close. (Currently my Rey figure has flesh arms/hands and a grey kama)

Image result for rey

Edited by legofives
extra info

Does anyone have or know of some decent alternative brick built flame trooper backpack/fuel tank? I don't mind the lego version at all, but i was thinking of making it more compact.

Im not interested in 3rd party products, just purist builds.

Thanks!

On 5/30/2017 at 1:36 PM, xSilent-Commando said:

That image is completely fake btw. The blaster has the wrong name completely AND the clone helmet gives it away as the helmet gives it away. It has a similar helmet to the lego one. 

Turns out it is real. 

4 hours ago, legofives said:

What is the closest you can get to Rey's end scene look?  The most creative I can think of is wonder woman cuff arms, but that's not too close. (Currently my Rey figure has flesh arms/hands and a grey kama)

Image result for rey

For my Ahch-To Rey i used the Jyn Erso torso for the vest, and i used just regular flesh arms, but with grey hands

On 7/6/2017 at 9:56 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Updated Juno Eclipse, updated Sabine (thanks to Kim-Kwang-Seok for the influence) with the dark sabre (squint and just pretend) and jetpack, using up vintage Nien Numb parts to create a more aesthetically-pleasing rebel pilot and my Saw Gerrera without his clunky piping.

34354591493_24cf96a2c1_k.jpg

What arms did you use for Juno?

Summer Vacation Batman with logos removed?

Anyone knows what arms are them?

2 hours ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

What arms did you use for Juno?

Summer Vacation Batman with logos removed?

Yes that's exactly right. Sorry I incorrectly called him swimming pool Batman in my earlier post.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

I'm sure a lot of people have noticed this already, but the HIGHWAYMAN has legs that fit ROTS Anakin really well.  The last version of him had really incomplete boots.  I also have a black kama on my ROTS Anakin.

Image result for highwayman lego

1 hour ago, julesvincent said:

Ethan Hunt from the Dimensions Mission Impossible Level Pack has these arms, without having to remove prints.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=981982pb033&in=M

True... but Batman's MUCH cheaper for the sake of spending 5 minutes with a pencil eraser; from 59p for just the torso. Ethan Hunt's however starts from £4.93. Or worse, £8.85 for Superboy.

19 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

True... but Batman's MUCH cheaper for the sake of spending 5 minutes with a pencil eraser; from 59p for just the torso. Ethan Hunt's however starts from £4.93. Or worse, £8.85 for Superboy.

I know, it is cheaper to go for Batman. Just wanted to give "strong" purists an alternative. 

1 hour ago, Koralunderthesea said:

Does anyone know a good formula to make the Superman 2 Kryptonians (Zod, Ursa and Non)?

Sorry, you're on the wrong forum for those questions. This is a Star Wars discussion. Try asking that on the licensed Forum: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/2-lego-licensed/

Edited by TheGeneralMoe

13 minutes ago, doclord said:

Does anyone know a good detailed leg piece to use for standard Resistance troopers? 

I use the Rogue One rebel trooper leg in Dark Bluish Grey and Reddish Brown, and it looks good ;)

Ramses25