Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

6 hours ago, Ephseb said:

I just entered the "May the 4th" Minfigure contest - here's my take on some Old Republic characters!

Dude, no way, my Malak is literally the exact same (I mean he has a 1x1 trans-orange stud in his hand for force energy, but other than that)! They're all pretty good, I especially like Bastila Shan. You mind if I do OR figures too? I won't put the Malak in it.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Dude, no way, my Malak is literally the exact same (I mean he has a 1x1 trans-orange stud in his hand for force energy, but other than that)! They're all pretty good, I especially like Bastila Shan. You mind if I do OR figures too? I won't put the Malak in it.

That's funny! But it's not a surprise IMO, it's the most "logical" way to make Malak out of existing parts.

I don't mind at all if you also enter OR figures :) I have a few more, like Carth Onasi, Lucien Draay and Rohlan Dyre, but they weren't eligible as I'd already shown them elsewhere. I always love to see what others come up with, and to get inspired by it.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:34 PM, Ephseb said:

Zayne, Nihilus, Exar Kun, Malak, Bastila

Wow, love these! What is the head piece for Darth Nihilus?

Would anyone who has both the old and new Stormtrooper Minifigs be willing to take some comparison photos, as well as ones with the torsos and legs swapped? I want to see how they look when displayed together. 

52103018449_caabcbd771_c.jpg

Leia, Yavin Celebration by Étoile Park, Flickr에서

https://flic.kr/p/2noaA9i

Hello, there!

Here is Yavin celebration Princess Leia.

As you guys know, It is originally the official minifig have included in Lego set 9495.

I just updated it with latest skirt brick of Princess Leia, and with light nougat arms.

The design of the Hasbro figure and other cinematic pictures were referenced to create this.

This is my first post in this community, so I hope you guys enjoy looking at it.

Edited by Darth Legomenon
Fix picture link issues

1280x1280.JPG

R7-A7, Ahsoka’s droid from The Clone Wars. After watching S7 again I had a look for this guy and my jaw dropped at the price of the 2009 minifigure. Luckily there’s also a keyring, which I picked up for £3 and used a soldering iron to heat up and remove the pin.

I did a poor job though and slightly melted the top stud, so here’s my effort at repairing the damage using the open stud from a 1x2 rounded plate and a drop of Revell kit model glue. First I removed the old stud with a very sharp pairing knife, then (with some difficulty) cut the donor stud off the rounded plate. With a bit of shaving to get the surfaces as flat as possible I used the glue to melt the donor piece and droid head together, with some pressure the joint became almost seamless.

After the glue dried I noticed the top of the donor piece was no longer glossy, probably the pressure (using a knife) left some texture and made the surface matte, but the overall result is great for a used figure and a £3 investment.

Edited by mcphatty

The key ring hook normally pulls out with a bit of effort and a pair of pliers. No heat necessary. Unless the attachment is different for an Astromech head vs minifigure head?

Big W. I recently chipped the top off a rare colored blaster and wanted to die. This gives me hope.

Obi-Wan Kenobi MOCObi-Wan Kenobi MOCObi-Wan Kenobi MOC

Obi-wan figs

@obijon I read that too and watched a few videos of people pulling pins out of minifigure heads, but none from droids. There is an extra black part inside the droid head which must hold the pin and body together, I couldn’t get the head off after removing the pin but I don’t know if the black part is any stronger than the minifigure keyring core.

Does anyone have a Wedge Antilles? To knowledge, we've only gotten 2 (generic faced) versions of him

11 hours ago, Time77 said:

Does anyone have a Wedge Antilles? To knowledge, we've only gotten 2 (generic faced) versions of him

We’ve gotten three of him I believe. An older one in an x-wing and then the more recent helmet on a snowspeeder pilot and an x-wing pilot. (Technically the newest is supposed to be a snowspeeder Wedge, but lego stopped differentiating the flight suits)

15 hours ago, Time77 said:

I assume you want a better head for him, right? Since there's already official wedge helmets and the flight suit is just a standard one. Anyway, here's what I currently use:

2018 x-wing flight suit. These legs and this torso.

The 2006 wedge helmet. The newer one is great too, it's just a little more expensive and I already had the older one, plus I like the gray.

And for the head, which I assume is the main thing you're looking for, use this clone pilot head! Someone told me this years ago on this same thread, and the closed-mouth expression on it really does look just like wedge.

Bonus: use this classic hair when he's not wearing the helmet. Want a Wedge out of his flightsuit, in a rebel captain uniform? Combine that hair with this head (or maybe something else if you don't have that head, I'm concerned how expensive that's getting for a part in 6 different sets) with this jacket and these legs. (Rank tile might be a bit inaccurate, but I think it's the only torso with a rebel navy rank tile at all. There's a rebel captain rank tile on a cassian andor figure, but it's for an army captain)

12 hours ago, Archer said:

We’ve gotten three of him I believe. An older one in an x-wing and then the more recent helmet on a snowspeeder pilot and an x-wing pilot. (Technically the newest is supposed to be a snowspeeder Wedge, but lego stopped differentiating the flight suits)

I was referring more to the head. I was just looking for a head that might look like the actor, even if it doesn't have the visor (because, there isn't a huge amount of visored heads to choose from anyway).

Now that we have a Din Djarin with a face, what hair do people think would be good?

This maybe?

1421421078_DinHair.jpg.702b57cd81786f594b9d1fc103ff48f2.jpg

5 hours ago, Calanon said:

Now that we have a Din Djarin with a face, what hair do people think would be good?

This maybe?

Looks good, a little big maybe. What I've been using for a while is the Superman hair in dark brown with Cassian's face: (I know the image isn't head one but it's all I have on me and I'm too lazy to take another)

IMG_9523.jpg

Jedi Maul and Ventress took me a second, but that's good. You should look up the old Battlefront 4 (yes, 4, not 3) concept art, they have dark side versions of the main heroes and light side versions of the villains. It's wild.

7 hours ago, cycbuild said:

"Extra Shoulder Pads"

"For Protection"

Haha thanks for the heads up!

Hey, you never know when someone'll go straight for the shoulders! Actually, with the amount of amputation SW characters go through, it might be a good idea if he wants to keep his arms.

I'm not sure how feasible they all are to make customs of, but they are fun to look at. There's non-cyborg grievous, evil chewie, evil old ben, redeemed vader with no helmet, etc.