Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Just a very minor update here - I tried adding the fur collar from the conveyex driver to the Armourer (or, to be more accurate, I tried an eBay aftermarket version of that collar). I think it improves the figure quite a lot, a lot of her presence is lost without the broad collar.

PXL_20220131_163039115.jpg

Edited by Kettchy

Looks really good! A lot more imposing than the stock fig. Nice work on the blacksmith tongs, It translates well if that makes sense

What are people's opinions on the new hybrid print legs for clone troopers? I'm trying to decide if I should swap the realistic print out for them, so hybrid legs + realistic torso + realistic print helmet. But then black or white hips?

Does anybody know a place, custom or otherwise someone could get some nougat heads for some Fett/Clone characters? I love my Jango, young Boba, and old Rex figures with light nougat heads, but they look silly next the new clones and Boba with much more accurate nougat heads, but the existing nougat color heads don't come close to some of these, like Jango or Rex.

sw0845.pngsw0749.pngsw1094.png

On 2/12/2022 at 11:24 PM, IronFish said:

Does anybody know a place, custom or otherwise someone could get some nougat heads for some Fett/Clone characters? I love my Jango, young Boba, and old Rex figures with light nougat heads, but they look silly next the new clones and Boba with much more accurate nougat heads, but the existing nougat color heads don't come close to some of these, like Jango or Rex.

I use the head of Simon Masrani from Jurassic World for my Jango minfig

https://brickset.com/parts/6279106/mini-head-no-3017

I know it's not perfect but it's good enough for me, maybe you like it as well.

As awesome as Firestar Toys' custom figure is (https://www.firestartoys.com/products/custom-design-minifigure-sw-forge-keeper.html), I just can't justify spending £40.00 on a minifigure, simple as that. However for a few quid from them on 3 custom parts (fur collar, kama and printed arms), was able to vastly improve the official Lego version of the Armourer...

51886633500_35504c7a5d_c.jpg

51886633465_2cf9d174d9_c.jpg

51886061048_b5d89856d5_c.jpg

I'm hoping FST will eventually sell proper custom arms for the Armourer (as they do for many other Mandalorian figures), but I also have a nagging feeling they won't to ensure interest is maintained in their in-house custom figure that features screen-accurate arms.

Parts: 

https://www.firestartoys.com/products/custom-design-cape-armour-waistcape-7.html

https://www.firestartoys.com/products/custom-design-cape-shoulder-cape-with-fur.html

https://www.firestartoys.com/products/custom-design-arms-sw-mandalorian-warrior--dark-gray.html

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

I never convinced myself yet to order 3rd party costume parts..

Looks pretty neat but so far I just cut pieces from old textiles. It never becomes what I wanted but still looks pretty awesome ^^

I was making some fabric capes + wast capse out of an old shirt and as it was completely messed up I didn't use it on my costume Tusken but created a Sith with the Shaak-Ti key chain and a nindroid body. Looks pretty sick ^^

What I'm getting at: I'm sure suck fur-capes can be done by most of us (:

On 2/12/2022 at 5:24 PM, IronFish said:

Does anybody know a place, custom or otherwise someone could get some nougat heads for some Fett/Clone characters? I love my Jango, young Boba, and old Rex figures with light nougat heads, but they look silly next the new clones and Boba with much more accurate nougat heads, but the existing nougat color heads don't come close to some of these, like Jango or Rex

For Jango, I would suggest just using the standard Clone head, since his appearance is basically the same as that of the Clones. For young Boba, maybe thisthis, or the new Nougat head from the Hogwarts Magical Trunk. The best solution for old Rex is probably just to add a white beard to the standard Clone head. 

On 11/16/2021 at 1:40 PM, Darth Bjorn said:

I'm trying out some new things for my Imperial Army..

IMG_0843_4.jpg

New custom pauldrons for the my Special Forces unit: Reaper Squad, and the mini-mouse arms, for Scout Trooper Commander.

IMG_0843_2.jpg

Red rubber band for the Scout Troopers stun baton + BW micki arms. Trying out some custom sticker work on the shore-and army troopers.....

IMG_0844_2.jpg

Also experimenting with Imperial Rank Insignia stickers, and the KoR cap for a pilot (like seen in last ep. of Mando).

Let me know what you thing. :)

Love your custom decals.  Do you have a list of color codes that you use to match the LEGO colors?  What type of sticker medium are you using?  They look great.  Thanks!

I’ve got something of an odd question—I wasn’t sure if it fit here, but I think if solved it would definitely be useful for updated characters.

I was sort of thinking of a way to make better clones—either updating them or finding cheaper ways to make them. Given that it’s one of the few that hasn’t been done in the new style, I started by looking at the old Star Corps troopers and trying to figure out how I could update it into the new style. I remembered that there was a weirdly printed 212th trooper that looked more yellow than orange and decided to check it out, which is where things got a bit odd. Both the old Star Corps trooper and the 2013 212th had bright light orange parts on them, at least according to Bricklink. The odd thing was, they looked quite different:

old:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0117yc01&idColor=1#T=S&C=1&O={"color":1,"iconly":0}

new:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb1266c01&idColor=1#T=S&C=1&O={"color":1,"iconly":0}

So this is where my problem comes to: what’s going on here? Is the old one overexposed? Is Bricklink wrong? Has Lego updated their color pallet so much it looks that different? 

3 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I’ve got something of an odd question—I wasn’t sure if it fit here, but I think if solved it would definitely be useful for updated characters.

It seems like the picture of the old torso is overexposed, since this picture of the Minifig has the correct colouring. 

On 3/7/2022 at 4:31 PM, Brickroll said:

I was sort of thinking of a way to make better clones—either updating them or finding cheaper ways to make them. Given that it’s one of the few that hasn’t been done in the new style, I started by looking at the old Star Corps troopers and trying to figure out how I could update it into the new style. I remembered that there was a weirdly printed 212th trooper that looked more yellow than orange and decided to check it out, which is where things got a bit odd. Both the old Star Corps trooper and the 2013 212th had bright light orange parts on them, at least according to Bricklink. The odd thing was, they looked quite different:

old:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0117yc01&idColor=1#T=S&C=1&O={"color":1,"iconly":0}

new:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb1266c01&idColor=1#T=S&C=1&O={"color":1,"iconly":0}

So this is where my problem comes to: what’s going on here? Is the old one overexposed? Is Bricklink wrong? Has Lego updated their color pallet so much it looks that different?

Awesome! I submitted the change requests to update "Bright Light Orange" descriptions in January. (Star Corps + updated Clone Pilots)

I skipped the Bright Light Orange Sandtrooper pauldron, since sellers have already listed them as Orange and Yellow, but it should be changed as well.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=48431pb02

The FO Snowtrooper Officer pauldron should also be updated to Red not Dark Red.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=bb0673pb01

On 2/14/2022 at 12:13 PM, Ephseb said:

I use the head of Simon Masrani from Jurassic World for my Jango minfig

https://brickset.com/parts/6279106/mini-head-no-3017

I know it's not perfect but it's good enough for me, maybe you like it as well.

Really good suggestion, and it would be perfect if it were nougat rather than medium nougat

On 3/5/2022 at 11:57 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

For Jango, I would suggest just using the standard Clone head, since his appearance is basically the same as that of the Clones. For young Boba, maybe thisthis, or the new Nougat head from the Hogwarts Magical Trunk. The best solution for old Rex is probably just to add a white beard to the standard Clone head. 

The Rowan head for young Boba is a great idea! I might try that out if I can find the one I got with the advent calendar from a few years back. The white beard piece is a little too big in my opinion, and it doesn't fit with the 64803pb02 piece for the Endor Rex fig I'm trying to make, but it's a good idea non the less.

I think someone a few pages back had the idea for 11605 on Fennec Shand, I got one off bricklink for mine, and I think it looks much better than the one you get in the set.

rsz_11pxl_20220317_220620538.jpg.0fe4cd2677a0d33b5d4d9d460baed2b6.jpg

rsz_1rsz_1pxl_20220317_220633380.jpg

Edited by IronFish

9 hours ago, aroseinbloom said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but a blue jetpack from a 501st trooper provides a purist alternative for RotJ Boba.

Wow I never noticed that!

full&f=1&nofb=1

On 4/3/2022 at 2:01 AM, Renegade Clone said:

51978523479_4acb909d94_c.jpg

Love me some rebels! 

These look perfect! I love the janitor's cap especially. 

Old-school Fett helmet/backpack/armor updated for end-of-season-2 Mandalorian Din Djarin and Boba Fett.

1305971659_FettDin(5).jpg.2c1aa6a671ae254491aa1fee7af443c0.jpg

Din Djarin: Pearl Light Gray Jetpack/Helmet (X50, factory second Jango Fett without print), original Jengo Fett torso, Dark Gray arms, Light Gray hands, Dark Gray legs w/ Brown waist, black cape, Pearl Light Gray spear, and Pearl Light Gray revolver. 

Boba Fett: Boba Fett Jetpack/Helmet with Dark Red detail, original Boba Fett torso, Black arms, Sand Red hands, Black legs w/ Brown waist, Black Anti-Blast kama, and Reddish Brown rifle.

I prefer the old style for some reason, but wanted the newer characters (or versions thereof.)  I have 20 of the all-gray helmets that I bought back in 2009, which made it all possible, even if it did mean purchasing an expensive Jango torso.  I need to take a better pic, because this one doesn't do the matching of the helmet, armor, spear and pistol justice.

Edited by carpandean

@carpandean 

Oh my, I love it. I also prefer the original Lego Boba Fett mask. The mandalorian one is very cool. 

I just entered the "May the 4th" Minfigure contest - here's my take on some Old Republic characters!

52047305486_257f37f362.jpgTOTJ + KOTOR

Zayne, Nihilus, Exar Kun, Malak, Bastila