Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

9 hours ago, mcphatty said:

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up this Anakin Skywalker from the 2018 Jedi Starfighter set 75214. I prefer his Clone Wars outfit to the recent Episode 3 style (I don’t like the burn marks) but I’d like to replace his Gold Headset style head with a regular one.

The obvious choice would be the head from the 2020 sets, but neither are available in the UK on Bricklink, I was thinking of using this common head but do any of you have a better suggestion?

Thanks

I've used the Stan Shunpike head in the past, here's what it looks like with Anakin

On 1/11/2021 at 12:51 PM, Alegrispa said:

Can't say I recommend this one. I just recently bought this figure and the gold of the body doesn't match the gold of the head at all. Nice detail tho.

so is this 3po minifigure the only version with printed arms and printing on the side of the legs?

9 hours ago, Chip Douglas said:

so is this 3po minifigure the only version with printed arms and printing on the side of the legs?

So far yes.

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help me, I am currently searching for some helmets that would work for some custom figures for the Mining Collective from Mos Pelgo. Has anyone seen any style helmet that would work?

Cheers

Mos Pelgo.png

On 2/13/2021 at 12:12 PM, biggiet17 said:

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help me, I am currently searching for some helmets that would work for some custom figures for the Mining Collective from Mos Pelgo. Has anyone seen any style helmet that would work?

Cheers

19303.png

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=19303&C=77#T=S&C=77&O={"color":"77","iconly":0}

This is the closest one that I can think of.

Not sure if these pieces have been suggested before, I just got these two masks in a Bricklink order and thought they could work for Star Wars. 

_20210217_094232

star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-6871.jpg

_20210217_094201

star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-6864.jpg

I don't fancy paying about £20 just to have the printed heads from the UCS Falcon, so I added the breathing mask from the Sky Police sets. 

39796.png

_20210217_094252_20210217_094313

24135.png

For the TPM jedi respirators, the scuba gear that I think comes from Avengers sets, compared to the printed versions from the 2012 Gungan Sub. I also gave Obi-Wan a Medium Nougat version of Finn's Hair. 

On 2/13/2021 at 5:12 PM, biggiet17 said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers

Maybe this helmet placed backwards on the head. Won't have the eye slits but could work well.

And maybe pair it with either this bandana or this one, also placed backwards, which should cover some of the back of the head.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

39796.png

That is an excellent spot for that part. It looks great.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:12 PM, biggiet17 said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers

What about Nova Corps Officer?

sh128.jpg

On 2/15/2021 at 2:33 AM, Mad Spandy said:

That ls quality!! Thankyou so much

16 hours ago, fxanderw said:

Maybe this helmet placed backwards on the head. Won't have the eye slits but could work well.

And maybe pair it with either this bandana or this one, also placed backwards, which should cover some of the back of the head.

Thankyou for that suggestion, it is greatly appreciated

I just saw the new hairpiece from the Mulan like new Disney farytale and unfortunately that hairpiece is not suitable for Cara Dune :( as its the SJW version haircut with half of the head shaved, Caras version is styled, the hair on one side is made into a bride. Here the minifig has printed the part of the shaved head so on Caras fig it would look even worse.

Anyone can suggest a custom version with proper hair and armprint (ideally sold within EU)? Seems we will not get a correct Cara Dune fig and ill rather spend my money on a good custom.

not_cara_hair2.jpg

On 3/3/2021 at 10:40 PM, STARHAWK said:

...from the Mulan like new Disney farytale...

Off topic but I'd really love to know what you think is "Mulan-like" about Raya and the Last Dragon, because from what I've read and seen of Raya I don't see any strong similarities. Or did you just mean all films with East-Asian-looking characters are automatically alike?

If you're willing to get a custom anyway why don't you get that Raya hairpiece and draw black on the side of Cara's head yourself? That'd be pretty close.

5 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Off topic but I'd really love to know what you think is "Mulan-like" about Raya and the Last Dragon, because from what I've read and seen of Raya I don't see any strong similarities. Or did you just mean all films with East-Asian-looking characters are automatically alike?

If you're willing to get a custom anyway why don't you get that Raya hairpiece and draw black on the side of Cara's head yourself? That'd be pretty close.

Because im not interested in this farytale and i was lazy to lookup the name i used the comparison to other Asian disney farytale i know - Mulan (the original one was great because of Mushu).

Because its not good enough - it would look like shaved head, the hair on Cara has volume on the side and i want to see it on the hairpiece. But so far i did not saw any correct custom. Also i dont want to paint figures. It has to be a print if it should be a custom (im lame at painting anyway )

On 3/3/2021 at 6:40 AM, STARHAWK said:

its the SJW version haircut

Also off-topic, but what, exactly, is "the SJW version haircut"?? 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I can't speak for the guy but I mean, it's a disney animated film inspired by asian culture with a swordfighter protagonist and a supporting character that's a talking dragon, specifically one that's not the stereotypical dragon. The protagonist also has a connection to the animal they ride, which can't talk but is shown to have a degree of intelligence and personality. Sure, some are common disney movie traits, but most disney films don't have swordfigher protagonists or unique takes on dragons. The film looks good, but you can't deny it's got some similarities to mulan. No reason to jump to the conclusion that it was about race, that's a bit odd.

On 3/3/2021 at 5:40 AM, STARHAWK said:

I just saw the new hairpiece from the Mulan like new Disney farytale and unfortunately that hairpiece is not suitable for Cara Dune :( as its the SJW version haircut with half of the head shaved, Caras version is styled, the hair on one side is made into a bride. Here the minifig has printed the part of the shaved head so on Caras fig it would look even worse.

Anyone can suggest a custom version with proper hair and armprint (ideally sold within EU)? Seems we will not get a correct Cara Dune fig and ill rather spend my money on a good custom.

Disappointing, i was hoping to use it for Cara as well. Still hoping she's in the arquitens still, though even if she is I doubt they'd update the figure for it.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No reason to jump to the conclusion that it was about race, that's a bit odd.

I can see why I might've been a tad over the line, but replying to a post that uses the term "SJW version haircut" and has gone to the trouble to crop and post a picture but not gone to to the trouble of simply naming the movie, I made an assumption and @STARHAWK confirmed it was correct.

Anyway, that was that.

13 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I can see why I might've been a tad over the line, but replying to a post that uses the term "SJW version haircut" and has gone to the trouble to crop and post a picture but not gone to to the trouble of simply naming the movie, I made an assumption and @STARHAWK confirmed it was correct.

Anyway, that was that.

I had to crop it because of the size restriction of only 10KB, i dont use a image sharing app to post it and link it. I dont care for the movie i remembered about the name Reia Raia Raja or wathever so didnt bothered to name it correctly. For foreign looking disney princess our top is Moana / Vaiana (in Europe)

18 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Also off-topic, but what, exactly, is "the SJW version haircut"?? 

the one on the picture. side of the head shaved or even half of the head shaved and the rest longer hair. It does not look to much feminine to me. The only acceptable usage for me is in Cyberpunk.

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can't speak for the guy but I mean, it's a disney animated film inspired by asian culture with a swordfighter protagonist and a supporting character that's a talking dragon, specifically one that's not the stereotypical dragon. The protagonist also has a connection to the animal they ride, which can't talk but is shown to have a degree of intelligence and personality. Sure, some are common disney movie traits, but most disney films don't have swordfigher protagonists or unique takes on dragons. The film looks good, but you can't deny it's got some similarities to mulan. No reason to jump to the conclusion that it was about race, that's a bit odd.

Disappointing, i was hoping to use it for Cara as well. Still hoping she's in the arquitens still, though even if she is I doubt they'd update the figure for it.

Disney is pondering to Asian mainly China market so therefore a new movie with Asian theme. So far they failed, Mulan movie was a disaster in China. BTW the new production from lego for the Asian market is good - mainly the Chinese New Year sets - appealing to Asian market done right.

As i see it, she will be possibly cancelled everywhere, its like KKs personal vendetta against Gina. How on earth will u cancel a figure which was on preorder and is in demand ? (talking bout Hasbros 6" actionfigure)

Therefore im asking for suggestion on customs. I dont purchase customs but in mando, there are too many good figures not yet released and im disappointed on legos official production. I have tons of SW sets so i should concentrate now to get the best figs and Lego is not providing them or making them at a slow rate (purchased the new mando set right on release and 2pcs)

Im still waiting on a good hairpiece for Jyn Erso without hat - that could be done in a Friends set still.

3 hours ago, STARHAWK said:

I had to crop it because of the size restriction of only 10KB, i dont use a image sharing app to post it and link it. 

FYI, you can just embed images from another site, like this: 

Spoiler

43181_alt3.jpg

I dont care for the movie i remembered about the name Reia Raia Raja or wathever so didnt bothered to name it correctly. For foreign looking disney princess our top is Moana / Vaiana (in Europe)

I am not sure if this was your intent, but since you have seen the movie and would have needed to look for this picture on Brickset (or another site), your misspelling of the name comes off as intentional and dismissive. It may just be a language issue, though. 😕

the one on the picture. side of the head shaved or even half of the head shaved and the rest longer hair. 

I am familiar with the style, but I have typically seen it referred to as a "side-shave", or something of that nature. Also, I am still not sure what "SJW version" means. 😐

It does not look to much feminine to me. The only acceptable usage for me is in Cyberpunk.

OK? It may be another language thing, but you seem rather irritated by this hairstyle - If you dislike it, just style your hair differently. I am not sure why this seems to be an issue for you. 😕

2 hours ago, STARHAWK said:

Disney is pondering to Asian mainly China market so therefore a new movie with Asian theme. 

I am not sure what you mean by this: Raya and the Last Dragon is based on various cultures in Southeast Asia, not China, so what similarities there are are fairly superficial. 

As i see it, she will be possibly cancelled everywhere. . . How on earth will u cancel a figure which was on preorder and is in demand ? (talking bout Hasbros 6" actionfigure)

I seriously doubt that we have seen the last of Cara Dune - Just the last of specifically Gina Carano's portrayal of her. She will probably reappear in a book/comic/game/animated series, from which we can get additional Minifigs. Hasbro likely stopped production of their figure of Dune to avoid negative publicity, but they (like LEGO) will probably make figures of her in the future, when she reappears in some other media. 

its like KKs personal vendetta against Gina.

What?? 

18 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Anyway, that was that.

I'm not trying to minimod but I think we need to de-escalate here. If i'm reading it correctly he was just saying he couldn't remember the spelling of the name so he went off another animated film based on asian culture with a sword fighting heroine and dragon sidekick, not a race thing. This is a lego discussion forum, I think this is like the last place that stuff like this should happen.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am not sure what you mean by this: Raya and the Last Dragon is based on various cultures in Southeast Asia, not China, so what similarities there are are fairly superficial. 

I seriously doubt that we have seen the last of Cara Dune - Just the last of specifically Gina Carano's portrayal of her. She will probably reappear in a book/comic/game/animated series, from which we can get additional Minifigs. Hasbro likely stopped production of their figure of Dune to avoid negative publicity, but they (like LEGO) will probably make figures of her in the future, when she reappears in some other media. 

Again, I'm not trying to minimod but I think we need to de-escalate here, what with the implied accusations of racism and all.

Given lego's approach to anything remotely controversial, with no more jabba's palace sets or slave leia/oola off the top of my head but I know there's ones relating to the shell gas company and some of the architecture ones (except for the vegas one, their decision there was clearly the right one), I don't think we'll get another Cara anytime soon, which is sad. No matter people's opinion of Gina, they should be able to understand that Cara Dune is a fictional character that doesn't neccesarily share the beliefs of Gina, just like Pedro and Djin.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a hairpiece, since apparently this one has the print on the side of the head?

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Ignoring the questionable wording in this discussion, in answer to the query here's my modified Cara Dune and hair choice (I've shown her before):

51008270323_ececa35593_c.jpg

Hair piece is the black version of this from Firestar Toys, but the black version is currently out of stock:

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Parts/Minifigure-Female-Hair/47173-Minifigure-Hair-Short-with-Sweeping-Fringe.html

Gun and armour also from Firestar Toys, arms from Simon Baz Green Lantern mini figure and print erased.

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Weapons/Brickarms-Guns/11946-Brickarms-~-MG~34-and-Saddle-Drum-~-Black.html

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Bodywear/Custom-Design-Minifigure-Pauldrons/38367-Arealight-~-Two-Sided-Pauldron-~-Dark-Blue-Flexible-Plastic.html

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb3740c01&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

On 2/17/2021 at 10:36 AM, Seaber said:

39796.png

Out of curiosity, do these fit under imperial army helmets at all, or does the bit at the front and sides make it not fit?

2 hours ago, Calanon said:

Out of curiosity, do these fit under imperial army helmets at all, or does the bit at the front and sides make it not fit?

Yeah they fit fine, here's one on a mudtrooper in the prison wagon of our massively extended Conveyex:

48815009532_4672e728ee_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

On 2/12/2021 at 6:11 AM, TeeNuggetTa said:

CRGFlmT.jpg

1ooVd3y.jpg

This is my custom Baze Malbus gun attachment. The whole gun build is all legit lego, but with the hair I just cut a lego friends piece up.

This is great! Thanks for the idea. What's that hair, btw?