Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Honestly there's not much detail on her legs on that costume, and there aren't any white legs that just have printing of some creases and no other colors, so I'd say plain white legs work best if you're swapping out the dress.

Thanks for the info! Also, to answer your earlier question about Boba, I'd say that the green torso from the Mando battlepack might be the best you can get right now.

EDIT: Or possibly a classic Boba torso?

Edited by Yoshifan33

7 hours ago, Yoshifan33 said:

Thanks for the info! Also, to answer your earlier question about Boba, I'd say that the green torso from the Mando battlepack might be the best you can get right now.

EDIT: Or possibly a classic Boba torso?

Good suggestions! I think I'll go for the mando battlepack torso. I also finished a rudimentary Fennec Shand, I'll take a picture of all my custom mando figs and upload them here sometime.

On 12/16/2020 at 8:45 PM, Vouatch said:

As @TeddytheSpoon said, I found the picture on Hotbricks: the red arm had some details... beautiful!

5002948-c3po-tfa.jpg

Can't say I recommend this one. I just recently bought this figure and the gold of the body doesn't match the gold of the head at all. Nice detail tho.

I already had a color issue on Rey's Speeder, one dark red piece was not exactly matching the rest, I asked Lego who answered me that a minor % of pieces could have altered colors. By the way, got this minifig a few weeks ago, no issue with the colors at all so it might be some random production alteration

21 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

Can't say I recommend this one. I just recently bought this figure and the gold of the body doesn't match the gold of the head at all. Nice detail tho.

To be fair, the most consistent Gold color that Lego ever did, was with solid Gold!
Solid Gold C-3PO anyone?
There is one on bid on ebay right now. Too bad it's out of my budget.

Do you think these legs (with the stripes erased/removed somehow) would work well enough for an "upgraded" Bespin Luke? (also - would an eraser be precise enough to remove those stripes without affecting the pockets?)

1 hour ago, Yoshifan33 said:

Do you think these legs (with the stripes erased/removed somehow) would work well enough for an "upgraded" Bespin Luke? (also - would an eraser be precise enough to remove those stripes without affecting the pockets?)

There are some precision eraser and motorized erasers made exactly for tiny precise erasing. Example of precision eraser on Amazon and this electric eraser demo on Youtube you can also just search electric eraser on Amazon... Depends how invested you are into custom minifigs these can come in handy. :)

Edit: of course your erasing can only be as precise as your hand is stable!
Edit 2: also masking with painters tape can help too! (just test it somewhere first to make sure it's not strong enough to peel the paint.)

Edited by hadidi1999

5 hours ago, hadidi1999 said:

There are some precision eraser and motorized erasers made exactly for tiny precise erasing. Example of precision eraser on Amazon and this electric eraser demo on Youtube you can also just search electric eraser on Amazon... Depends how invested you are into custom minifigs these can come in handy. :)

I literally had no idea that was a thing!!!! :pir-oh:

Just ordered one, thank you so much for enlightening me, god this'll make erasing faces and precise prints so much easier, I kept getting a sore wrist from trying to rub one of my son's homework erasers into all the little grooves! :pir_wacko:

Wow, Glad I could be of help. Funny story is I've never even used these... I just know they exist and happily shared my knowledge.
I've personally never "customed" a minifig, I was just browsing. :pirate:

Edited by hadidi1999

Can someone please try combining Dodonna's legs on Captain Antilles' body?  I'm curious how well those patterns match up.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but would General Dodonna's torso and leg pieces work for a Davits Draven figure, from Rogue One. I am currently working on a blue squadron X wing moc and that figure would be more relevant than Dodonna. Does anyone have any ideas for a hair and head pieces. Thanks in advance.

On 1/15/2021 at 5:17 PM, hadidi1999 said:

Edit: of course your erasing can only be as precise as your hand is stable!
Edit 2: also masking with painters tape can help too! (just test it somewhere first to make sure it's not strong enough to peel the paint.)

Another big thank you for these. Clearly I have a lot to learn!

On 1/15/2021 at 3:12 PM, Yoshifan33 said:

Yes, I think that will work, I've used these legs (erased) before for general madine and the other rebel fleet admirals.

I had erased the whole print, but of course you can just tape off the part which you want to keep.

For bespin luke i personally prefer the official legs - his boots are not entirely black, rather dark tan. but because his costume is already dark tan, you can use the dual molded legs with brown boots (and no need to erase a print), which came e.g. in the ideas dinosaur set.

Has anyone tried Lloyd's hair in dark brown on ROTS Anakin, now that it's available in that color?

Could someone let me know if the Russian Soldier torso from the India a Jones line is anywhere near a colour match for the following Rebels please? I'm colourblind and the dull colours make it harder still. I know the torso design isn't perfect. If it's no good for any, could someone suggest the best Lego colours for the following figures, and I'll see what else is available. 

iaj017.png

image-1931.jpg

Rebel Honour Guard

morts-werl-19130.jpg

Rebel Junior Officer A

AnjZavor.jpg

Rebel Junior Officer B

Thanks, it'd be very much appreciated. 

49 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Could someone let me know if the Russian Soldier torso from the India a Jones line is anywhere near a colour match for the following Rebels please? I'm colourblind and the dull colours make it harder still. I know the torso design isn't perfect. If it's no good for any, could someone suggest the best Lego colours for the following figures, and I'll see what else is available. 

I think dark tan torsos would be a better match personally. You could use the rebel technician or Bespin Luke torsos; sticking with Indiana Jones you could use Dovchenko or Belloq's torsos to get some more variety.

2 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I think dark tan torsos would be a better match personally. You could use the rebel technician or Bespin Luke torsos; sticking with Indiana Jones you could use Dovchenko or Belloq's torsos to get some more variety.

Thanks, I have all of those and will have an experiment . I didn't realise the Russian Soldier was Sand Green not Dark Tan! 

Cheers. 

The ceremonial uniform tunic and pants are actually first world war U.S. Marine corps tunics and pants, so the color is somewhere between a forest green and a german green-grey. The Russian soldier torsos from the Indy line are sage green, or in LEGO's terminology--sand green, and are considerably lighter. 

19 hours ago, joebiwankenobi said:

The ceremonial uniform tunic and pants are actually first world war U.S. Marine corps tunics and pants, so the color is somewhere between a forest green and a german green-grey. The Russian soldier torsos from the Indy line are sage green, or in LEGO's terminology--sand green, and are considerably lighter. 

Thanks, that's really helpful! 

Hey guys, has anyone tried to do Baze Malbus' gun slightly better/closer to the real thing than what Lego gave us? 

eef6c55ab71705984b7324d925846a79.jpg

On 2/8/2021 at 10:21 AM, Cynath said:

Hey guys, has anyone tried to do Baze Malbus' gun slightly better/closer to the real thing than what Lego gave us? 

eef6c55ab71705984b7324d925846a79.jpg

CRGFlmT.jpg

1ooVd3y.jpg

This is my custom Baze Malbus gun attachment. The whole gun build is all legit lego, but with the hair I just cut a lego friends piece up.

52 minutes ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

This is my custom Baze Malbus gun attachment. The whole gun build is all legit lego, but with the hair I just cut a lego friends piece up.

The hair looks really good, and the gun does too.

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up this Anakin Skywalker from the 2018 Jedi Starfighter set 75214. I prefer his Clone Wars outfit to the recent Episode 3 style (I don’t like the burn marks) but I’d like to replace his Gold Headset style head with a regular one.

The obvious choice would be the head from the 2020 sets, but neither are available in the UK on Bricklink, I was thinking of using this common head but do any of you have a better suggestion?

Thanks

Edited by mcphatty

6 hours ago, mcphatty said:

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up this Anakin Skywalker from the 2018 Jedi Starfighter set 75214. I prefer his Clone Wars outfit to the recent Episode 3 style (I don’t like the burn marks) but I’d like to replace his Gold Headset style head with a regular one.

The obvious choice would be the head from the 2020 sets, but neither are available in the UK on Bricklink, I was thinking of using this common head but do any of you have a better suggestion?

Thanks

The Captain America/Private Bastaren head works pretty well for a late TCW anakin, the scar isn't there though.