Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

8 hours ago, Skier1215 said:

My main problem is that $8-10 USD for a torso ALONE is a little steep...and that’s what bricklink is offering that ships to the USA.

No, your main problem is that your BL wanted list is waaaaay to short. I have spoken

7 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

No, your main problem is that your BL wanted list is waaaaay to short. I have spoken

I don't quite understand the implication here - are you saying "if you buy a large amount of parts (rather than one or two) on BL at a time, the total cost will seem more 'reasonable'?"

Edited by Yoshifan33

7 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Even the ones based in the USA, there’s one there for $3.94? There's a few other American sellers there too.

Well how about Lando's 2009 ROTJ general's torso, which is very similar since it's actually based on the same uniform and tunic style that both characters wore in the movie:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0610c01&idColor=69#T=S&C=69&O={"color":69,"iconly":0}

But forget my advice with the hiker's dual-molded legs, just remembered they're light tan not dark tan, hence why I never used them.

The shipping is what kills me. The torsos are like $3.50 but the shipping is like $4

6 hours ago, Yoshifan33 said:

I don't quite understand the implication here - are you saying "if you buy a large amount of parts (rather than one or two) on BL at a time, the total cost will seem more 'reasonable'?"

Yes something like that. I was also trying to be funny

6 hours ago, Skier1215 said:

The shipping is what kills me. The torsos are like $3.50 but the shipping is like $4

Yeah, but if you look at it that way a $0.01 part is $4.01. As a general rule, if you're paying more in (domestic) shipping than the cost of your order, your order isn't all that expensive. Anyhow, many of the torsos already mentioned in the thread are much cheaper.

42 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Yes something like that. I was also trying to be funny

Ah, got it. Thanks for the clarification :classic:

Just wondering... is shipping at flat rate is in US no matter which state ? 

if so this means the post service is way cheaper than in Europe...

ordering from some neighbor countries is sometimes amazingly expensive due to shipping cost while it is litterally next door if we compare the distance between France and Germany for example and a bricklink store based in NY and its customer in LA

1 hour ago, macaron35 said:

ordering from some neighbor countries is sometimes amazingly expensive due to shipping cost while it is litterally next door if we compare the distance between France and Germany for example and a bricklink store based in NY and its customer in LA

With most things, you're charged a rate based on which region you're shipping to or from. So shipping something from NY to LA is going to be more expensive than from NY to PA, for example, but it's still going to be cheaper than shipping from NY to Canada. 

USPS also offers flat rate shipping, where no matter the weight or distance, you pay one rate per box size. But unless you're shipping coast to coast, or it's particularly heavy, you're better off doing calculated shipping. 

8 hours ago, Asajki said:

Which wedge helmet would you say is more accurate? 2006 or 2016?

2016, no question.

5 hours ago, macaron35 said:

For some reason the government controls a shipping office here and is able to keep rates lower than competing businesses through taxes, so...yes, basically. one of the reasons that it loses money every year is it tries to make a flat rate for all states, so from my experience as a seller any small packet is $3.90-$4.05 no matter where you ship from/too in the continental US. (if you can't tell, I'm not a fan of this :laugh:)

Anyone know any ways to make a custom fennec, or better hair for Cara? 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

14 hours ago, SnowDog2112 said:

With most things, you're charged a rate based on which region you're shipping to or from. So shipping something from NY to LA is going to be more expensive than from NY to PA, for example, but it's still going to be cheaper than shipping from NY to Canada. 

USPS also offers flat rate shipping, where no matter the weight or distance, you pay one rate per box size. But unless you're shipping coast to coast, or it's particularly heavy, you're better off doing calculated shipping. 

Wow, thanks. Thought auto transport cost will be uniform within US. 

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

For some reason the government controls a shipping office here and is able to keep rates lower than competing businesses through taxes, so...yes, basically. one of the reasons that it loses money every year is it tries to make a flat rate for all states, so from my experience as a seller any small packet is $3.90-$4.05 no matter where you ship from/too in the continental US. (if you can't tell, I'm not a fan of this :laugh:)

Hi

Thanks for the explanation. Moreover you have tons of sellers in the US so buying pieces in the US is cheaper, that explains how you guys are so many to build large MOCs compared to us in Europe

I recently bought minifigs, shipping was a lot more expensive than minifigs and most of time when i need just a few pieces that Lego.com does not have in stock, I need to buy from BL, these are a few pieces for a total of 2-3-4 euros and I end up paying like 10 euros because of shipping :(

I wish we had more lego stores so that i could go and use pick a brick service instead of spending so much into shipping

8 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Moreover you have tons of sellers in the US so buying pieces in the US is cheaper, that explains how you guys are so many to build large MOCs compared to us in Europe

A little off topic to this thread, but I believe that this might consider more of us: a good tip is to start your own Bricklink store and start buying half in/sell half out method for hoarding pieces for large MOCs. E.g. if a battlepack includes pieces that you believe you want and need, you should hoard them whenever you see them in good discount and then sell the figures. You probably wouldn't make a positive result in terms of income, so it is not a way to make profitable business, but it is a very good way to get hoards of cheap bricks. E.g. want to make a massive forest MOC? Buy in the Endor playsets for ~20 bugs in discount, sell the scout trooper for 10, the ewok for 3 and everything that is not forest related for 5 and you'll end up with a bunch of good brown pieces that cost you a bug or a two. Of course, this only works for the sets in which the minifigures don't matter too much to you.

On 12/7/2020 at 5:10 PM, macaron35 said:

:laugh_hard:

I am asking because as I just build the latest Millenium Falcon, I am trying to get consistent minifigs to display with it.

Lego delivers a regular C-3PO with this set.

So my assumption is that if I want to have movie-accurate minifigs with this ship and episode, I should replace his arm by a red one, am i correct ?

Moreover, this means Rey is missing in that set. So do Old Han and Old Leia, as they deliver Old Lando with it.

I was also thinking about having a display plate with the old characters from the UCS set (original trilogy) on the other side next to the new characters.

So on one side:

- Young Luke, young Han, young Leia (ideally in her dress after she is taken from the corvette ship and rescued), Chewie, R2-D2, C-3PO all gold, young Lando (who is not in the UCS set but the original trilogy so the MF)

on the other side:

- Old Han, old Leia (even if she does nevet set foot on the ship), Chewie (he doesn't seem to age, or at least we don't see the difference), R2-D2, C-3PO with red left arm, old Lando, Rey, Finn, D-O and... Boolio ? (I don't recall seeing Boolio aboard the ship - and I haven't seen Solo a SW story movie) and BB-8

As @TeddytheSpoon said, I found the picture on Hotbricks: the red arm had some details... beautiful!

5002948-c3po-tfa.jpg

Edited by Vouatch

Nice

so it's not just about replacing the arm, I have to find this version then

i was thinking also about putting Blue Milk Luke just for fun instead of a regular one

Hey dunno if I posted it but:

If you're intrested in building rebel pilots, I have got a good idea for Garven Dreis

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1225&name=Minifig, Head Dual Sided Orange Visor, Black Eyebrows, Determined / Angry Pattern (SW Clone Pilot) - Stud Recessed&category=[Minifig, Head]#T=S&C=90&O={"color":90,"iconly":0}

Firestar toys have a good helmet for him but it's out of stock, I think this might work though https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=x164pb17&idColor=155#T=S&C=155&O={"color":155,"iconly":0}  I hope I helped!

As for my wanted list, it's mostly just rebel and resistance parts

5 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Nice

so it's not just about replacing the arm, I have to find this version then

i was thinking also about putting Blue Milk Luke just for fun instead of a regular one

If you're going for his TFA appearance. In the final scene of TFA, as well as the entirety of TLJ and TROS, he has his other gold arm back, not a red arm.

On 9/27/2020 at 5:40 PM, Robianco said:

Custom Lego Firestar Rebel & Imperial Pilot Helmets

Vintage Kenner Style LEGO Star Wars Blisters

Vintage Kenner Style LEGO Star Wars BlistersVintage Kenner Style LEGO Star Wars Blisters

Vintage Kenner Style LEGO Star Wars BlistersVintage Kenner Style LEGO Star Wars Blisters

If you're going to display your figures you may as well give them some vintage Kenner love

Wow. Where did you get the plastic boxes?

Alright, this time I've got some questions myself.

-Any suggestions for a purist Fennec Shand (helmet or hair)? 

-Is the official ROTJ boba fett the closest you can get to boba fett (painted armor) or are there any changes you'd make?

35 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

-Any suggestions for a purist Fennec Shand (helmet or hair)?

Possibly this Friends hair? (I haven't seen any good closeups of her hair [still haven't watched Mando], so I can't be sure if it looks accurate.)

Edited by Yoshifan33

wow just received my red-arm C-3PO, such a good surprise to see that not only the arms but also the sides of the legs are printed with great details

Anyone have suggestions for what, if any, printed white legs I should use for ANH Leia (to swap with the dress piece now and then)?

Edited by Yoshifan33

6 hours ago, Yoshifan33 said:

Anyone have suggestions for what, if any, printed white legs I should use for ANH Leia (to swap with the dress piece now and then)?

Honestly there's not much detail on her legs on that costume, and there aren't any white legs that just have printing of some creases and no other colors, so I'd say plain white legs work best if you're swapping out the dress.