Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

On 11/28/2020 at 3:39 AM, Soupperson1 said:

The secondary figure from 43181 Raya and the Dragon set has hair that would look perfectly on Cara Dune!

Shhhh.... don't tell anyone, the bricklink prices on that part/figure will go up! :laugh:

Good catch, I actually don't mind paying a few bucks for that figure/hairpiece as Cara Dune is one of my favorite characters and that hair really does work perfectly for her.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 11/28/2020 at 10:43 AM, Cylo said:

Found some custom parts for Vader and Boba

Especially Vader looks cool! Where did you get them?

4 hours ago, Samppu said:

Especially Vader looks cool! Where did you get them?

Vader has some aliexpress custom parts and a lego kama on the lego figure.

Boba has aliexpress chestplate and arealight gauntlets, and tarkin is a custom print by TMC

Well, I gave in and brought the Bespin Luke magazine 

Am thinking his body and legs look like good resistance/rebel ground crew parts for anyone interested, they look rather similar to Rose Tico’s and the mechanic in the 2017 A-wing

Edited by Asajki

4 hours ago, Asajki said:

Am thinking his body and legs look like good resistance/rebel ground crew parts

IIRC there was a Star Wars (tabletop RPG, I think?) guidebook some time ago that listed Bespin Luke's outfit as a "Rebel Pilot Ground Uniform", so you're spot on there.

6 hours ago, Asajki said:

Well, I gave in and brought the Bespin Luke magazine 

Haha as if you’d hesitate over that minifig for the price of a coffee. Cmon ‘fess up, where have you put up the Mando “THIS IS THE WAY” poster? :laugh:

On 11/28/2020 at 10:39 AM, Soupperson1 said:

The secondary figure from 43181 Raya and the Dragon set has hair that would look perfectly on Cara Dune!

Im confused. Those sets are not supposed to be out until march. Where do u find pictures or them?

Having recently acquired Final Duel Luke, does anyone have a photo of him with Director Krennic's hair? I feel like that would be a major improvement over the basic hairpiece.

3 hours ago, Yoshifan33 said:

Having recently acquired Final Duel Luke, does anyone have a photo of him with Director Krennic's hair? I feel like that would be a major improvement over the basic hairpiece.

here you go

luke.jpg.8d83e2066bc60f48d4cd3eec9ccd7f9b.jpg

I was referring to the ROTJ Luke actually, but thank you for the image! It definitely helps me to get an idea of Luke's face compared to the hair design. Might end up ordering a Krennic later ;)

Edited by Yoshifan33

just out of curiosity, does C-3PO with red arm appear in any set so far or just the 7th episode ?

I was thinking about replacing his arm for a red one as I have a few minifigs in stock then I realized that I never saw any in any official set

Just now, macaron35 said:

just out of curiosity, does C-3PO with red arm appear in any set so far or just the 7th episode ?

I was thinking about replacing his arm for a red one as I have a few minifigs in stock then I realized that I never saw any in any official set

yes, this one :

sw0680.png

:laugh: but you're right, no set with this specific red arm on Bricklink

:laugh_hard:

I am asking because as I just build the latest Millenium Falcon, I am trying to get consistent minifigs to display with it.

Lego delivers a regular C-3PO with this set.

So my assumption is that if I want to have movie-accurate minifigs with this ship and episode, I should replace his arm by a red one, am i correct ?

Moreover, this means Rey is missing in that set. So do Old Han and Old Leia, as they deliver Old Lando with it.

I was also thinking about having a display plate with the old characters from the UCS set (original trilogy) on the other side next to the new characters.

So on one side:

- Young Luke, young Han, young Leia (ideally in her dress after she is taken from the corvette ship and rescued), Chewie, R2-D2, C-3PO all gold, young Lando (who is not in the UCS set but the original trilogy so the MF)

on the other side:

- Old Han, old Leia (even if she does nevet set foot on the ship), Chewie (he doesn't seem to age, or at least we don't see the difference), R2-D2, C-3PO with red left arm, old Lando, Rey, Finn, D-O and... Boolio ? (I don't recall seeing Boolio aboard the ship - and I haven't seen Solo a SW story movie) and BB-8

Edited by macaron35

3 hours ago, macaron35 said:

I can't remember it getting changed in TFA and I'm fairly certain he has a gold arm again when he appears in TLJ, although it has been a while since I watched either film. I do know he got it in the comics prior to TFA, so maybe it got changed back in the comics as well. It's a shame they changed it back actually, I thought the red arm was a cool change.

The only time LEGO released a red-armed Threepio was in a polybag, with some printing on his left arm. Having had a quick look on Bricklink he doesn't seem too expensive here in the UK, so he shouldn't be too tricky to come by chez vous!

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

1 minute ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I can't remember it getting changed in TFA and I'm fairly certain he has a gold arm again when he appears in TLJ, although it has been a while since I watched either film. I do know he got it in the comics prior to TFA, so maybe it got changed back in the comics as well. It's a shame they changed it back actually, I thought the red arm was a cool change.

The only time LEGO released a red-armed Threepio was in a polybag, with some printing on his left arm. Having had a quick look on Bricklink he doesn't seem too expensive here in the UK, so he shouldn't be too tricky to come by chez vous!

You actually can see in the final shot of TFA as Rey is flying away that he has his golden arm again. It just kinda happens off screen

Just checked on YouTube to avoid watching the movie again

it appears when Han sees Leia 

and for some odd reasons at the very end.... no more red arm !

1-C133825-1045-4-E4-B-B8-E6-E7-E077-EC64

Edited by macaron35

Does anyone have a good formula for Crix Madine (besides the one released in 2010 because acquiring that set alone would blow my whole budget for a while)?

currently I have a tan torso with blue arms and an obi-wan head with ROTJ Luke’s hair but I need a better solution.

The best idea I have for Madine would be this Hoth Luke torso (not perfect, but it's got the rebel insignia/rank on the chest + the right color) and dark tan legs. As for the head, you might have to bite the blaster and Bricklink the official one (these are the best alternatives I could find: Aquaman and Old Luke). Also the figure itself is pretty cheap on Bricklink IIRC.

EDIT: Also, for the hair, one of these two might work: Combed Front to Rear/Combed Sideways, Left Part

Edited by Yoshifan33

IAveleyman - Dermot Crowley | Star wars movies characters, Star wars  awesome, Star wars pictures

Based on this image for the head and hair, I'd say this is your best bet:

Hair: this part was used on the old figure, too, but I think it works best and isn't rare at all.  ROTJ Luke uses this hair, and they have pretty similar hairstyles in the film.

Head: this is by far the best bet. It has the beard in the right color, and even has the dark expression and sunken eyes.

Torso: If you're not going to go with the original, this option gets the rank plaque and dark tan vest, though unfortunately it's open. In my opinion the original torso still works, but whichever you'd choose, I'd use sand blue arms with dark brown hands.

Legs: dark tan legs.

Bonus round: Use a white wand for his pointer.

56 minutes ago, Yoshifan33 said:

The best idea I have for Madine would be this Hoth Luke torso (not perfect, but it's got the rebel insignia/rank on the chest + the right color) and dark tan legs. As for the head, you might have to bite the blaster and Bricklink the official one (these are the best alternatives I could find: Aquaman and Old Luke). Also the figure itself is pretty cheap on Bricklink IIRC.

EDIT: Also, for the hair, one of these two might work: Combed Front to Rear/Combed Sideways, Left Part

17 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Based on this image for the head and hair, I'd say this is your best bet:

Hair: this part was used on the old figure, too, but I think it works best and isn't rare at all.  ROTJ Luke uses this hair, and they have pretty similar hairstyles in the film.

Head: this is by far the best bet. It has the beard in the right color, and even has the dark expression and sunken eyes.

Torso: If you're not going to go with the original, this option gets the rank plaque and dark tan vest, though unfortunately it's open. In my opinion the original torso still works, but whichever you'd choose, I'd use sand blue arms with dark brown hands.

Legs: dark tan legs.

Bonus round: Use a white wand for his pointer.

I’ll have to use those until I find a way to get the original torso!

May I ask why you're struggling to find the original Madine torso? It's readily available on Bricklink for very cheap prices from across the globe:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0609c01&C=69#T=S&C=69&O={"color":69,"iconly":0}

Anyway, what about this head and Krennic's hair, and I just used these legs for some added detail with a bit of artistic licence (edited to add - I recommended the hiker's legs for the boots but remembered they're light tan not dark tan, hence why I never used them so forget that advice):

50699803848_ae969b97c6_c.jpg

Whilst the colours don’t quite match, that actually works surprisingly well in capturing how awkward and fake the real Madine’s hairpiece and beard were haha. Link for the head (I erased the back-print with a pencil eraser):

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb2343&name=Minifigure, Head Dual Sided, Medium Nougat Eyebrows and Beard with Yellow Highlights, Smile / Fierce Pattern - Hollow Stud&category=[Minifigure, Head]#T=C&C=90

But I just use the sand-blue janitors cap from the CMF on him anyway (I don't need to be reminded of that wig haha), so our rebel fleet officers match those in Battlefront 2:

50699803788_5f691d96fd_c.jpg

50700558791_f31c2edbce_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

5 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

May I ask why you're struggling to find the original Madine torso? It's readily available on Bricklink for very cheap prices from across the globe:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0609c01&C=69#T=S&C=69&O={"color":69,"iconly":0}

Anyway, what about this head and Krennic's hair (and you can use dual molded legs from the CMF hiker too, erasing the print is obvously just optional: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=970c00pb0536&idColor=2#T=C&C=2 but I'm fine with these and a bit of artistic licence haha):

Link for the head (I erased the back-print with a pencil eraser):

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb2343&name=Minifigure, Head Dual Sided, Medium Nougat Eyebrows and Beard with Yellow Highlights, Smile / Fierce Pattern - Hollow Stud&category=[Minifigure, Head]#T=C&C=90

But I just use the sand-blue janitors cap from the CMF on him anyway (I don't need to be reminded of that wig haha), so our rebel fleet officers match those in Battlefront 2:

My main problem is that $8-10 USD for a torso ALONE is a little steep...and that’s what bricklink is offering that ships to the USA.

3 hours ago, Skier1215 said:

My main problem is that $8-10 USD for a torso ALONE is a little steep...and that’s what bricklink is offering that ships to the USA.

Even the ones based in the USA, there’s one there for $3.94? There's a few other American sellers there too.

Well how about Lando's 2009 ROTJ general's torso, which is very similar since it's actually based on the same uniform and tunic style that both characters wore in the movie:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0610c01&idColor=69#T=S&C=69&O={"color":69,"iconly":0}

But forget my advice with the hiker's dual-molded legs, just remembered they're light tan not dark tan, hence why I never used them.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust