Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

it will be available in France Nov, 9 for €5.99

it's crazy because when someone wants to order from Europe to ship in the US and vice versa, shipping costs are way too expensive

1 hour ago, macaron35 said:

it will be available in France Nov, 9 for €5.99

it's crazy because when someone wants to order from Europe to ship in the US and vice versa, shipping costs are way too expensive

There is that pesky ocean in the way :laugh:

On 10/21/2020 at 10:47 PM, Cylo said:

Anyone got good recommendations on a non CW head for the first version of pre vizsla?

3626cpb0946 

This is a really good face for Pre Vizsla. It is from Kyle in the Silver Mine Shoot Out and a Calvary Soldier from the Battle Pack.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There is that pesky ocean in the way :laugh:

What I mean, especially in the case of bricklink, is that shipping costs are not really optimized and most of the time, they are declared and taxed like brand new products while they are second hand items

but regarding this minifig, it shouldn't cost a fortune to ship a magazine, it's the size of a A4/letter envelop and not very heavy

I send mails all the time to my family in the US and Canada for cheap, if I had to send the same magazine myself I'm pretty sure it would cost half of what Yoshifan paid

Im pretty done with Lego - or at least Lego SW
But I did invest a lot in the Crest and extra parts, to smooth it out.

Now I would also like a propper Mando. Can any of you tell me about a reliable site to order costume parts? I dont really have faith in TLG making a better helmet..

The one who could be making beautiful SW helmets is @StarBricks :)

When I see the result of his K-2So, I can't imagine how great Vader, a trooper or Mando could be 

I absolutely hate the smirky X-Wing pilot face they use for every god-damn rebel pilot figure, why is Luke and some random pilot from a MicroFighter the only characters who have their own faces. At least give Wedge his own face!! This is getting absolutely ludicrous! I'm using one of the death star gunner heads for wedge, even though it doesn't have the orange visor it matches with his likeness a whole lot more.

Edited by TeeNuggetTa

6 hours ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

I absolutely hate the smirky X-Wing pilot face they use for every god-damn rebel pilot figure, why is Luke and some random pilot from a MicroFighter the only characters who have their own faces. At least give Wedge his own face!! This is getting absolutely ludicrous! I'm using one of the death star gunner heads for wedge, even though it doesn't have the orange visor it matches with his likeness a whole lot more.

There’s actually quite a few rebel pilot heads available especially if you’re not a purist.

Searching Bricklink for both ”orange visor” and “chin strap” (make sure to use the inverted commas) yields all these options (such as the reverse visor-up version of the two different T-16 pilots that have the same chin strap design as rebel pilots), which for each double sided head results in two different pilot heads:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=“Orange%20visor”#T=P

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=“Chin%20strap”#T=A

Plus as stated above, if you’re not a purist, Firestar Toys do a fantastic array of 11 other pilot heads:

https://www.firestartoys.com/?Query=Rebel+pilot+head&search=Search

You can have quite the array of well over 20+ unique pilot faces that can really diversify your squadron.

Whether you’ll find one that truly feels like it’s Wedge will be down to your personal opinion but there’s certainly lots of options to keep your pilots varied.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

If you want the best Beskar Mando available then the Phoenix Customs figure has just been completed. Unfortunately it sold out its remaining spares immediately. You can try on the secondary market for it though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG9Jb18JuIS/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

For a cheaper option there is a couple of bootleg figures that actually have a decent helmet although it's essentially just a regular Lego mould with elements printed. There are some terrible ones but there are some decent ones too.

There's a grey and white Mandalorian that I picked up that has excellent print and design but the best part is the grey head with a balaclava effect that would be ideal for use on a Boba figure. I might try and track down a couple more of those for doing just that.

Do you guys think that "Jabba's Palace" Luke (pre-rancor pit) should use a brown cape/hood, or a black?

Also, are there any plain yellow jackets with a black shirt underneath (possibly for an updated Yavin/comics Luke)?

Edited by Yoshifan33

40 minutes ago, Yoshifan33 said:

Do you guys think that "Jabba's Palace" Luke (pre-rancor pit) should use a brown cape/hood, or a black?

I would say black, I'm pretty sure his cloak was black so the hood would be too.

4 hours ago, Yoshifan33 said:

Also, are there any plain yellow jackets with a black shirt underneath (possibly for an updated Yavin/comics Luke)?

Definitely black.

this torso  isn't great, but if you're not using the one with the medal it's the only one remotely close. (I'm sure luke's switched out his undershirt in the comics at some point...I hope he didn't wear just one shirt for 2 years :laugh:)

4 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I would say black.

48 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Definitely black.

That's what I was thinking - I've seen people use the brown versions, and it just doesn't look right. And yeah, I might end up getting a Celebration torso and overlaying the Olympic medal instead (can anyone test that for me?).

11 hours ago, Yoshifan33 said:

His cloak in the movie was a dark brown.

On 9/13/2020 at 1:12 AM, azzer86 said:

Anyone think these would work with the new Ponda minifigure?

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Parts/Minifigure-Custom-Design-Arms/52778-Custom-Design-Arms-SW-Resistance-Pilot.html

Or is it the wrong shade of orange? I don't own and resistance figures to check

you could always use the snowspeeder arms! They ae the same color and look accurate to what he was wearing

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Parts/Minifigure-Custom-Design-Arms/49709-Custom-Design-Arms-SW-Snowspeeder-Pilot.html

Suggestions for the best Cobb Vanth purist figure ?

Reference picture

on wookiepedia - have to find a way how to insert the link

https://  static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/b0/CobbVanth-AG.png/revision/latest?cb=20201117153320

Hair - the one from Merrick, would be nice to have it in gray color

head - need to find out, should have gray beard

cloth on the neck - Dk Red ninjago mouth cover

jetpack from Boba

torso - Boba (Ep5 version)

arms - Dk Orange

hands - Dk Tan

Legs - from Indiana Jones Dk Tan with the pistol holster

Edited by STARHAWK

1 hour ago, STARHAWK said:

Suggestions for the best Cobb Vanth purist figure ?

Reference picture

on wookiepedia - have to find a way how to insert the link

https://  static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/b0/CobbVanth-AG.png/revision/latest?cb=20201117153320

Hair - the one from Merrick, would be nice to have it in gray color

head - need to find out, should have gray beard

cloth on the neck - Dk Red ninjago mouth cover

jetpack from Boba

torso - Boba (Ep5 version)

arms - Dk Orange

hands - Dk Tan

Legs - from Indiana Jones Dk Tan with the pistol holster

most of this is pretty good. Only things I'd change, in my opinion, are:

don't do a mouth cover, a red scarf (or just not having a neck attachment.) would work better for when he's not wearing his helmet.

these might be a bit more expensive but the Winter soldier's legs with the holster, or those of young han, or TLJ finn. Any black or gray pants with a holster would work.

I don't think cobb's hair is completely gray, I think it's more of a tan. So merrick's hair would work in dark tan. For the head, I'm currently using 3626cpb0946, it's not super accurate but his beard is kinda stubble-y, so eh. The imperial officer from the solo battlepack might work, though the expression doesn't really fit. Indiana Jones and star lord/bucky barnes/owen grady's heads have better expressions but once again, more stubble than beard.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 11/17/2020 at 6:08 AM, at_8829 said:

you could always use the snowspeeder arms! They ae the same color and look accurate to what he was wearing

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Parts/Minifigure-Custom-Design-Arms/49709-Custom-Design-Arms-SW-Snowspeeder-Pilot.html

Thanks. Yeah, someone already pointed it out to me on firestartoys' Instagram post advertising it, but good point raising the suggestion to everyone else who might be interested ?

Still not ordered my cantina yet, maybe next year! Then I'll order the arms

Captain Kerrill from Star Wars Squadrons

50618320786_c4175f4c9d_c.jpg

Head is Cho Chang from Harry Potter (figured it was best to go with a head designed for an Asian character, not that it really makes any difference) and hair is custom from FST.

I know I could do the dual molded boots, but we've still got a fair few imperial officers in the old school Old Dark Grey uniforms for which there are no boots available, so I'd rather they all matched with solid legs and just personally pretend the shades of uniform are different divisions (as with the Rebels tan ones and the ISB white ones) than to have the vintage torsos look too outdated.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Finally all ordered minifies arrived and I found some time for my personal take on Cobb Vanth. So here it is.

Minifigure:

• Hair: Han Solo old (sw0841)
  • Head: Star Lord (sh123)
  • Torso: Boba Fett (sw0822)
  • Arms: Nexo Knight (nex086)
  • Legs: Hans solo old (sw0841)

Accessories:

• Jetpack: Boba Fett (sw0822)
  • Helmet: Boba Fett (sw0822)
  • Scarf: Scarf Ninjago Bordeaux Red (15619) slightly worked to see the face.
  • Blaster: custom

50640963006_46629644d1_c.jpg50640963001_36dd009582_c.jpg

First time here, anyone have a purist idea for Pre-Beskar Din’s arms? I’ve tried the Cyborg arms and they don’t quite work for me. Sorry to bother, 

-Goblin

2 hours ago, YodaTheGoblin said:

First time here, anyone have a purist idea for Pre-Beskar Din’s arms? I’ve tried the Cyborg arms and they don’t quite work for me. Sorry to bother, 

-Goblin

pre-beskar, you say? 

Aside from the cyborg arms (good suggestion, I hadn't thought of that), I haven't found anything. That's the only one with a good brown/silver mix. maybe wookie warrior arms to get a bit of detail, or just go plain brown arms?

there's no real good combination. I think the cyborg arms look good on pictures - but in person the top brown part doesnt fit with the lighter brown prints and the light grey/silver doesnt match either.

Though not accurate at all, tan arms with printing (Jurassic Park bricktober) look quite good.

I put printed dark grey arms from apocalypse Abraham Lincoln. Looks pretty good but it lacks details on shoulders. I am thinking of putting some self-made brown stickers at the shoulder part. Stickers on figures only work on flat surfases (like side of the legs) - lets see how it turns out.

Best choice would of course be costume arms from 3rd party. Might as well go there anyway for better helmets..

17 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

there's no real good combination. I think the cyborg arms look good on pictures - but in person the top brown part doesnt fit with the lighter brown prints and the light grey/silver doesnt match either.

Though not accurate at all, tan arms with printing (Jurassic Park bricktober) look quite good.

I put printed dark grey arms from apocalypse Abraham Lincoln. Looks pretty good but it lacks details on shoulders. I am thinking of putting some self-made brown stickers at the shoulder part. Stickers on figures only work on flat surfases (like side of the legs) - lets see how it turns out.

Best choice would of course be costume arms from 3rd party. Might as well go there anyway for better helmets..

Thanks man, good idea on jurassic park arms, I’ll check it out!

Was reading through posts here for quite some time, decided to make one of my own. Here are my customs; maybe someone will find this useful. 

Edited by Alex_7
Image did not display first time