Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

On 9/27/2020 at 10:40 AM, Robianco said:

<snip>

If you're going to display your figures you may as well give them some vintage Kenner love

Oh....my....lord... I have gone back to my childhood and collecting a new Kenner SW figure each week....I love this! - amazing.... 

<snip>

If you're going to display your figures you may as well give them some vintage Kenner love

Oh....my....lord... I have gone back to my childhood and collecting a new Kenner SW figure each week....I love this! - amazing.... 

<snip>

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote pics

6 hours ago, Asajki said:

Any good Wedge heads?

It's tough to find ones with the visor on, someone said they used a clone pilot head awhile back in the thread, I use the zev senesca head from the hoth battle pack.

Without the visor, maybe Ezra's? I'm not sure...

On 10/16/2020 at 6:09 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

It's tough to find ones with the visor on, someone said they used a clone pilot head awhile back in the thread, I use the zev senesca head from the hoth battle pack.

Without the visor, maybe Ezra's? I'm not sure...

Hmm

Guess my safest bet is this https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1045&idColor=90

By the way, anyone know of any good torsos for some more resistance crew members 

Edited by Asajki

On 10/17/2020 at 5:59 AM, Asajki said:

Hmm

Guess my safest bet is this https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1045&idColor=90

By the way, anyone know of any good torsos for some more resistance crew members 

Yeah, Nett's head is a pretty good choice.

For resistance characters, there are many torso options if you're trying for the more scruffy looking aesthetic they've got, most torsos for tatooine rebels will work, as well as endor ones, definitely jedha/scarif rebels, too. But for replicating specific film costumes, there aren't many other choices. Looking at this image the torsos made for the TFA sets cover most characters here, aside from the occasional jacket or satchel.

Star Wars Resistance' Is Rumored to Be Disney's Next TV Project | Star  wars, Star wars canon, Star wars fans

For some specific characters, cassian's torso would work great for the caphex spy. The ovissian gunner could use rose's torso, though it's not as close of a match. Nien Numb could use the knight rider torso.

On 10/18/2020 at 11:35 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, Nett's head is a pretty good choice.

For resistance characters, there are many torso options if you're trying for the more scruffy looking aesthetic they've got, most torsos for tatooine rebels will work, as well as endor ones, definitely jedha/scarif rebels, too. But for replicating specific film costumes, there aren't many other choices. Looking at this image the torsos made for the TFA sets cover most characters here, aside from the occasional jacket or satchel.

Star Wars Resistance' Is Rumored to Be Disney's Next TV Project | Star  wars, Star wars canon, Star wars fans

For some specific characters, cassian's torso would work great for the caphex spy. The ovissian gunner could use rose's torso, though it's not as close of a match. Nien Numb could use the knight rider torso.

Hmm, looking over them I think I have found a few on bricklink I could use

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0533c01

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0133c01&amp;idColor=2#T=S&amp;C=2&amp;O={"color":2,"iconly":0}

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb2773c01

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0470c01

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0455c01

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb1186c01

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0533c01

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb3632c01

Edited by Asajki

Anyone got good recommendations on a non CW head for the first version of pre vizsla?

17 hours ago, Cylo said:

Anyone got good recommendations on a non CW head for the first version of pre vizsla?

1. [Part 3626cpb0873] Minifigure, Head Dual Sided Bushy Orange Eyebrows, Cheek Lines, Frown / Angry Pattern (Aquaman)
2. [Part 3626cpb0647] Minifigure, Head Male Black Angry Eyebrows, Frown and Cheek Lines Pattern
3. [Part 3626cpb0704] Minifigure, Head Male Black Eyebrows, Cheek Lines, White Pupils and Frown Pattern - Hollow Stud
4. Minifigure, Head Male Black Angry Eyebrows, Frown and Cheek Lines Pattern
5. [Part 3626cpb2067] Minifigure, Head Dual Sided Male Dark Brown Eyebrows, Cheek Lines, Open Smile/Frown Pattern
6. [Part 3626cpb1464] Minifigure, Head Dual Sided Dark Tan Eyebrows, White Pupils, Cheek Lines with Open Mouth Smile / Determined Pattern
7. [Part 3626cpb1752] Minifigure, Head Male Dark Tan Eyebrows, White Pupils, Cheek Lines, Frown Pattern (SW Director Krennic) 
8. [Part 3626cpb1215] Minifigure, Head Dual Sided Black Thin Eyebrows, Cheek Lines, Chin Dimple / Bared Teeth with Red Eyes Pattern (Superboy)

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

1. [Part 3626cpb0873] Minifigure, Head Dual Sided Bushy Orange Eyebrows, Cheek Lines, Frown / Angry Pattern (Aquaman)
2. [Part 3626cpb0647] Minifigure, Head Male Black Angry Eyebrows, Frown and Cheek Lines Pattern
3. [Part 3626cpb0704] Minifigure, Head Male Black Eyebrows, Cheek Lines, White Pupils and Frown Pattern - Hollow Stud
4. Minifigure, Head Male Black Angry Eyebrows, Frown and Cheek Lines Pattern
5. [Part 3626cpb2067] Minifigure, Head Dual Sided Male Dark Brown Eyebrows, Cheek Lines, Open Smile/Frown Pattern
6. [Part 3626cpb1464] Minifigure, Head Dual Sided Dark Tan Eyebrows, White Pupils, Cheek Lines with Open Mouth Smile / Determined Pattern
7. [Part 3626cpb1752] Minifigure, Head Male Dark Tan Eyebrows, White Pupils, Cheek Lines, Frown Pattern (SW Director Krennic) 
8. [Part 3626cpb1215] Minifigure, Head Dual Sided Black Thin Eyebrows, Cheek Lines, Chin Dimple / Bared Teeth with Red Eyes Pattern (Superboy)

Thanks!

I need snowtroopers without the backpack attached to the helmet but I only have those with it originally molded.

Would it look bad if it cut the backpack with a sharp knife ?

3 hours ago, macaron35 said:

I need snowtroopers without the backpack attached to the helmet but I only have those with it originally molded.

If it does not bother you to do so then a good sharp craft knife and a steady hand will do a decent job.  The back of the helmet wont have the same length of the face/neck covering around the back of the neck as the separate helmets but it should look ok.

20 hours ago, macaron35 said:

I don't really understand, why don't you just buy the newer helmets to replace them then? They're cheap and readily available, rather than dangerously vandalising the old ones you have:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=16501pb01&name=Minifigure,%20Headgear%20Helmet%20SW%20Snowtrooper%20with%20Black%20Eye%20Holes%20Pattern&category=%5BMinifigure,%20Headgear%5D#T=C&C=1

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

I finally ordered helmets because cutting them won't give a good result

I was asking because bricklink is as a cheap as you believe... i needed several helmets and there is no a lot of stores having the number of helmets needed...

Some are used, others are new. Plus shipping... like for example from Germany to France or italy to France, shipping is extremely expensive especially if the seller charges handling fees.

I am trying to optimize and reduce my costs as much as I can.

Just to give you an example: I just bought 4 snowtroopers backpack printed tiles 1x1, they costed me 0.99 euro, but handling and shipping: almost 3 euros...

unfortunately minifigs and SW accessories are not available for sale on lego.com otherwise I wouldn't have struggling with this...

On 10/26/2020 at 8:46 PM, Yoshifan33 said:

For anyone (still) wondering about a Bespin Luke torso that doesn't require paying triple for an out-of-production set, here you go!

(Bonus: Legs!)

looks more like an Indiana Jones torso than a Bespin Luke

7 hours ago, macaron35 said:

I mean, it technically is a torso from an Indiana Jones set, but it's the only other dark tan torso (that I know of) that features two shirt pockets and a brown belt.

7 hours ago, macaron35 said:

I mean, it's the closest you can get.

Not that it's all too difficult to get the figure now that he's in a polybag in europe and was in a $40 set in the US, bricklink prices are $5-10 in germany (so I believe around $15 including shipping if you were to buy one and were from america)

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not that it's all too difficult to get the figure now that he's in a polybag in europe

True, just last night I caved and grabbed a polybag online for about $17 USD (including shipping, etc). Hopefully it arrives sooner rather than later (with an estimated arrival date of November 5-24 :classic:).

Edited by Yoshifan33

3 hours ago, macaron35 said:

17 bucks for a polybag ???

the one with Bespin Luke ?

Yeah. Probably a waste, but hey, you only live once, right?

(Unless you become a Force Ghost, of course. Hmm...)

you don't have the same magazine in the US or is the polybag simply expensive including shipping ? (did you order overseas?)

Yeah, as far as I know it's exclusive to Germany right now (and I think the UK is getting it in November? Not sure right now), and yeah, about half of the cost was shipping :/. Better than buying it from Bespin Duel or BaCC for like $25-40 though.

Edited by Yoshifan33