Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

7 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

For anyone who wants to update your Imperials. Lego Stores have the dual molded grey/black legs in the Build-a-Minifigure area. However, due to COVID you can't just grab the parts you want. Thankfully I called my store and asked if they'd put a lot together for me. They said "yes" but that after they loaded it up I'd have to wait 3 days before picking it up. You all might be able to do the same. It's $1 per leg piece, but that's way cheaper than Bricks & Pieces or Bricklink.

800x660.jpg

Shame that I already bricklinked two douzens for approximately 1.5 euro each. This would have saved some money

1686477241_P_20200725_160323_1(1).thumb.jpg.45b404c9c284bbb1eea8e58def310824.jpg 

I've recently updated my Clone Airborne troopers by adding a black cloth waste cape. It's not that big of an update but it adds some more detail to the figure.

Edited by Senna0202

Got the mando characters from the Mandalorian! Figures are made by Astarbricks.

Mandalorians

5 hours ago, Cylo said:

Got the mando characters from the Mandalorian! Figures are made by Astarbricks.

Mandalorians

Funyny, I also got one of them, actually arrived today.

10 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Funyny, I also got one of them, actually arrived today.

Oh cool, I really like the look of those. Astar did a great job on them.

Don't have pictures (yet), but for those of you looking to make versions of the Imperial Joint Chiefs, these are two options I've discovered.

Cassio Tagge head, I personally used this hair, to interesting effect. The official bowl cut part is much too large for Tagge's buzz-bowl.

Conan Antonio Motti with this hairpiece, which I think works very well.

As far as torsos/rank badges go, none of the current torsos are accurate, so whatever feels right will do. For reference, Tagge has six red bars, while Motti has 2 blue then 4 red.

Thought I'd throw that out there.

5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Don't have pictures (yet), but for those of you looking to make versions of the Imperial Joint Chiefs, these are two options I've discovered.

Cassio Tagge head, I personally used this hair, to interesting effect. The official bowl cut part is much too large for Tagge's buzz-bowl.

Conan Antonio Motti with this hairpiece, which I think works very well.

As far as torsos/rank badges go, none of the current torsos are accurate, so whatever feels right will do. For reference, Tagge has six red bars, while Motti has 2 blue then 4 red.

That's a great motti, I'll have to use that. As for Tagge, I think this head might work pretty well too as there's no stubble (I used to think that guy was supposed to be tagge, but the rank bars are off.), but that's a good one too.

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's a great motti, I'll have to use that. As for Tagge, I think this head might work pretty well too as there's no stubble (I used to think that guy was supposed to be tagge, but the rank bars are off.), but that's a good one too.

That's supposed to be Moradmin Bast, Tarkin's right hand man.

On 7/30/2020 at 6:44 PM, ARC2149Nova said:

I used the torso of the Solo-officer (set 75207) for Motti. But would also fit Tagge.

42233976764_746cfdea28_z.jpg

8 hours ago, Macropus said:

I used the torso of the Solo-officer (set 75207) for Motti. But would also fit Tagge.

Looks good. :classic: Is that a custom face? Does the job well.

The colors are switched, but if you're not too fussed on the details (I'm not) then it works better than I expected.

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Looks good. :classic: Is that a custom face? Does the job well.

The colors are switched, but if you're not too fussed on the details (I'm not) then it works better than I expected.

Thanks. I agree. It is more important, that it is just one rank bar-line, than two.

The face is from Doctor Who, from the 11th Doctor.

I have this idea for Kuiil and made it a reality during my holidays. I didn't expect to have to carve so much of the original head to fit the helmet, at the end only the face and neck remained. A bit of white on the eyebrows and a Blurrg and it's done.

kuiil3.jpg

kuiil2.jpg

kuiil1.jpg

42 minutes ago, Samppu said:

Excellent work! Any tips on the carving process if one wants to try the same?

Thank you! I used a soldering tool and some blades. I roughly marked the portion of the head I wanted to remove, heated the blade and cut. Heating is not mandatory but makes cutting process faster. Then I cut little bits with smaller blades until the helmet fits. You have to be patient and don't cut too much each time.

On 8/20/2020 at 6:12 PM, PaulPrime said:

Thank you! I used a soldering tool and some blades. I roughly marked the portion of the head I wanted to remove, heated the blade and cut. Heating is not mandatory but makes cutting process faster. Then I cut little bits with smaller blades until the helmet fits. You have to be patient and don't cut too much each time.

Any chance of seeing the head underneath the hat? Very curious to see the surgery haha!

1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Any chance of seeing the head underneath the hat? Very curious to see the surgery haha!

Sorry, didn't take any picture during the process and the helmet is glued on. Not a lot to see anyway, there is like an inner part of the head which fits around the torso neck, and an outer part with an empty space in between with the details and colours. I removed most of this outer layer of the head and leave the face.

On 8/20/2020 at 8:12 PM, PaulPrime said:

Thanks for the tip, I will make a try on this at some point.

Hey everyone;

after a long hiatus, I'm back again with some old and newer purist custom figures from the 'Legends' canon.

I hope you like them!

30788249031_d08e657d7f_c.jpg

Mirax Terrik

50266325313_7cc5d60f64_c.jpg

Wes Janson (civilian clothes)

50263820337_40da989cdd_c.jpg

Gilad Pellaeon (25 ABY-)

50263057853_736ea08c70_c.jpg

Darth Sidious (Dark Empire) - with Lightsaber

The Reborn Emperor figure is based on the following 2 images:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/b2/Palps_Reborn-TEA.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090820060321

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/ae/PalpcloneLukeSkywalker-Hasbro.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100811191409

On 7/25/2020 at 10:23 PM, Senna0202 said:

I've recently updated my Clone Airborne troopers by adding a black cloth waste cape. It's not that big of an update but it adds some more detail to the figure.

I tried several attachments to spice up this figure but none felt right to me. Still, one good thing came of it: I finally thought up a headcanon as to what division these "Geonosis" Troopers are a part of: In "Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader" by James Luceno, the Commander of this Unit: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/32nd_Air_Combat_Wing is said to have rust-brown markings on his armor. I thought, why not have the regular troopers wear brown-ish camo? Also, it being an Air Combat Wing, the inclusion of Airborne Troopers would make sense.

Edited by Ephseb
formatting

Yep, I agree. The Reborn Emperor and Pellaeon are spot on. The other two I am not familiar with..

18 hours ago, Macropus said:

I love the Reborn Emporer. The white head fits perfect.

Thanks! :)

12 hours ago, Samppu said:

Yep, I agree. The Reborn Emperor and Pellaeon are spot on. The other two I am not familiar with..

Thank you! Mirax is a Corellian smuggler who first appears in the X-Wing novels, also shows up in the X-Wing comics and later in The New Jedi Order.

Wes Janson is from the movies (Wedge's snowspeeder tailgunner in Episode V) but he gained most of his popularity via his appearances in the same material that Mirax appears in.

Here's my take on Wedge:

50266325468_0b8b28e143_c.jpg

Wedge Antilles (civilian clothes) by Ephseb

Edited by Ephseb

Does anyone happen to have Firestar's custom 501st clone trooper and jet trooper arms and also the 501st clone pilot (sw0439, from the Z-95 Headhunter) who would be able to post a photo of how the pilot looks with those arms? I'm going to update my pilot with the new 501st legs and a set of Firestar arms and not sure which would look better.

Thanks!

On 7/15/2020 at 9:04 AM, MKJoshA said:

For anyone who wants to update your Imperials. Lego Stores have the dual molded grey/black legs in the Build-a-Minifigure area. However, due to COVID you can't just grab the parts you want. Thankfully I called my store and asked if they'd put a lot together for me. They said "yes" but that after they loaded it up I'd have to wait 3 days before picking it up. You all might be able to do the same. It's $1 per leg piece, but that's way cheaper than Bricks & Pieces or Bricklink.

<snip>

Where are you located in the US?  I would love to buy a set of these from my local Lego store, but the stores in California are curbside only so there's no way to know what inventory they have at that station.

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote pictures

1 hour ago, azanderk said:

Where are you located in the US?  I would love to buy a set of these from my local Lego store, but the stores in California are curbside only so there's no way to know what inventory they have at that station.

I'm in IL near Chicago. I got this at the Woodfield Mall.