Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

@DockingBay94 Brickizimo is a good reseller for BrickArms in Europe, Warehouse 19 in Sweden another. Both have cheap shipping options.
Both had the bowcaster for sale last time I checked.

- Samppu

Edited by Samppu

On 3/17/2020 at 6:30 PM, DrMuttonchops said:

Hair looks great man!  Just a regular permanent marker?  I think this shoulder pauldron fits better shape-wise than the blue one.  Are those arms from Barbara Gordon?  

Yeah, just a good old fashioned Sharpie, can't even tell upon close inspection that it's not printed in black (until you turn it over and see inside).

They're from a Green Lantern figure and I erased the logo, they're actually slightly off in terms of colour, face is nougat and arms are dark nougat, but there doesn't appear to be any black short sleeved nougat arms available yet. Hoping FST may release a pair with her tattoo like they did with Griff Halloran, but they're fine placeholders for now, you can't really tell the difference in tone unless you're really looking for it under bright lighting (besides I'm sure my actual arms and face are tinted differently in the real world haha).

15 hours ago, DockingBay94 said:

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has found a good custom option for Chewbaccas bowcaster? The ones used by lego don’t look right and I can’t find anything on firestar.

They do have the Brickarms one in stock at FST and it's £2.50 (it's listed as a bolt-caster):

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Weapons/Brickarms-Guns/39857-Brickarms-~-Bolt~Caster-~-Black.html

BAGUN252_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

9 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

They're from a Green Lantern figure and I erased the logo, they're actually slightly off in terms of colour, face is nougat and arms are dark nougat, but there doesn't appear to be any black short sleeved nougat arms available yet. Hoping FST may release a pair with her tattoo like they did with Griff Halloran.

The colors are really close from the photo, I was really thrown! Good to know, thanks man.  The CMF Barbara Gordon (sh328) does have medium nougat arms with black sleeves if you need another set and don't want to erase.  Fingers crossed on a Firestar one, honestly I hope they do a Cara Dune head too as this one doesn't do much for me for some reason.  

So, I found the bowcaster. I also had more of a look round for what other weapons I’d missed. I’ve decided to try change out some of the weapons on my ESB bountyhunters because it bugs me that like 4 of them use the same rifle. I’ve found the DLT-19 heavy rifle for Dengar, the DLT-19X targeting rifle for 4-LOM, the E11 and the DLT-20A for IG88 and of course the EE3 for Boba Fett but I’m stuck for Zuckass and Bosk.t Does anyone have any suggestions? I guess I now have a different weapon for all 6 but I’d like something more accurate for all of them.

Edited by DockingBay94

1 hour ago, DockingBay94 said:

So, I found the bowcaster. I also had more of a look round for what other weapons I’d missed. I’ve decided to try change out some of the weapons on my ESB bountyhunters because it bugs me that like 4 of them use the same rifle. I’ve found the DLT-19 heavy rifle for Dengar, the DLT-19X targeting rifle for 4-LOM, the E11 and the DLT-20A for IG88 and of course the EE3 for Boba Fett but I’m stuck for Zuckass and Bosk.t Does anyone have any suggestions? I guess I now have a different weapon for all 6 but I’d like something more accurate for all of them.

From google search "lego relby v10", Brickarms and some other outlets have bossk's gun.

I couldn't find any results in my painstaking, extensive research of googling of "lego zuckuss gun" and "lego GRS-1 Snare Rifle" :sarcasm_hmpf:, but the gun he comes with in the set looks so close to the character's gun in ESB that I think it's close enough.

4 hours ago, DockingBay94 said:

Are the DLT-19 and the DLT-19X some new BrickArms molds or are they from some other manufacturer? I haven't yet heard that there would be any Lego compatible option of those guns...
Unless you use the BrickArms German MG34/42 which gets pretty close (and was actually the real life model DLT-19 was based on), I think.

Where did you get them? As I want too... =D

- Samppu 

19 hours ago, DockingBay94 said:

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

From google search "lego relby v10", Brickarms and some other outlets have bossk's gun.

I couldn't find any results in my painstaking, extensive research of googling of "lego zuckuss gun" and "lego GRS-1 Snare Rifle" :sarcasm_hmpf:, but the gun he comes with in the set looks so close to the character's gun in ESB that I think it's close enough.

In lieu of anything more accurate, I'm using a Brickarms bolt-caster, without the bow or scope added, and with the stock and the piece of molding that sits in front of the bow trimmed off. It's clearly not that close but it gives it the open look in a more proportional body than the Lego weapon that comes with the figure. If anyone else has any good suggestions I'd be curious to hear them as well.

21cf8d654bedf12c022e503d421aab8e.jpg

1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Lots of new arms available at Firestar Toys, ones for 501st and Boba Fett, along with my particular favourite release, Sabine Wren:

I try to only have purist lego but dang...that's tempting. I never could find a solution for sabines arms, as the armor is so multicoloured and the bare arms she has in the sets makes no sense whatsoever.

Has anyone ever tried these harpoon pieces (flat silver) as force pikes for the royal guards before?
( I still have to get some red cloth parts to cover the front of the torso. And two more royal guards need to be added to the Emperor of course...)

Spoiler

1675015675_RoyalGuardsForcePikes.thumb.jpeg.d7df81bd1fca0bc8e35a8182386cb77a.jpeg

100% Lego Holofig (Grysk Warlord, Unknown Regions)

Parts are mostly from the Vader prototype minifig. Hope you like it!

On 4/15/2020 at 5:11 PM, The_Empire_Strikes_Bricks said:

Has anyone ever tried these harpoon pieces (flat silver) as force pikes for the royal guards before?
( I still have to get some red cloth parts to cover the front of the torso. And two more royal guards need to be added to the Emperor of course...)

Hide contents

1675015675_RoyalGuardsForcePikes.thumb.jpeg.d7df81bd1fca0bc8e35a8182386cb77a.jpeg

Dang, that's a nice solution. I personally use a black lightsaber hilt with the 4L light bluish gray bar (picked it up from someone on here years ago) on mine, but harpoons are a clever alternative. :thumbup:

6 hours ago, cycbuild said:

100% Lego Holofig (Grysk Warlord, Unknown Regions)

Parts are mostly from the Vader prototype minifig. Hope you like it!

Nice! I wonder if those prototypes turned out well if lego will maybe make force ghosts down the line, between that and the patronusus from harry potter. Is that your own design or do we know what the grysks look like canonically?

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Nice! I wonder if those prototypes turned out well if lego will maybe make force ghosts down the line, between that and the patronusus from harry potter. Is that your own design or do we know what the grysks look like canonically?

Dude, Prongs is one of best things to come out from HP! I'm using them as unaligned Force Wraiths for my bigfigs (Green Goblin =/= Mandallian Giants?)

I'll be straight honest with you dawg. There were limited options, so the holofig basically built itself. And I simply picked a weak target from the EU afterwards (from my hazy memory). My big brain answer is that the way to spot a Grysk diplomat is to find the one with the most symmetrical body, so that explains why this one is so un-deformed. To my knowledge, there has never been any official artwork or even fanart of the Grysk. But I'll happily make my case over the shadowy yet convenient details over at Wookieepedia:

"a species that were known to be half of myth who few had actually seen."

"a species with deep-set eyes, angled brow ridges, wide shoulders, and a tapered skull."

"Grysk weapons and armor were ritualistically disfigured on the right side, with the measure of degradation possibly related to the amount of animosity the Grysk had for the particular species the Grysk fought against, or perhaps, the length and bitterness of the particular conflict. The damages done to the armor and weapons also appeared to be chronological, as the deformities to the leftmost part of the right halves demonstrated more signs of age."

So given the limited information about their appearance, it works pretty well.

I'll be kinda honest though I got distracted by that massive army. Love those ballistae at the back.

I know Firestar rightfully gets a lot of love here but I just wanted to hype up EclipseGrafx too. They're up to 9 or so different printed arms now. These are the latest. They look great in person!20200505_161819.png.71ec8e1abf971d0123131f981c204b30.png

16 hours ago, Keagantuan said:

I know Firestar rightfully gets a lot of love here but I just wanted to hype up EclipseGrafx too. They're up to 9 or so different printed arms now. These are the latest. They look great in person!

Damn you!!! I just shelled out $100 last week to Firestar for their 212th and 501st arms and now you go and post this?!?! I just made a $59 order for Shoretrooper and Scout Trooper arms...

AND I HAVEN'T WORKED IN 53 DAYS!!!

lol

Thanks for the heads up. They add so much to the look of the minifigs.

4 hours ago, LegoCalrissian said:

Damn you!!! I just shelled out $100 last week to Firestar for their 212th and 501st arms and now you go and post this?!?! I just made a $59 order for Shoretrooper and Scout Trooper arms...

AND I HAVEN'T WORKED IN 53 DAYS!!!

lol

Thanks for the heads up. They add so much to the look of the minifigs.

Ha! Happy to help. I pretty much did the exact same. They really do look great. I'm glad these companies are doing this.

40 minutes ago, Keagantuan said:

Ha! Happy to help. I pretty much did the exact same. They really do look great. I'm glad these companies are doing this.

Yes, same here. Over the past year, I've outfitted 40 stormtroopers, 20 snowtroopers, 4 Death troopers, 2 patrol troopers, 24 phase-1 clones, 4 ARF troopers (using the red clone captain arms; they look great), 15 Rebel pilots, a RotJ Boba Fett, 3 Sabine Wren's, plus several Imperial techs and pilots.

Hopefully they'll make arms for the Geonosian and Kashyyyk troops, plus Death Watch and Maul Mandos, as well as the newer Shadow troopers (although I may just get some Death trooper arms for them).

Anyone got a good head for Moff Gideon thats actually the right colour (brown)?

On 5/7/2020 at 7:23 AM, LEGODrongo01 said:

Anyone got a good head for Moff Gideon thats actually the right colour (brown)?

For an MOC or to replace the head on the new FST figure? I think FST's one is great personally, especially the alternate side which the sly smile.

But if you're making your own or want to replace that, about the closest I can think of would be the stern side of the new TROS Lando:

3626cpb2496.png

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb2496&name=Minifigure,%20Head%20Dual%20Sided%20Black%20and%20Gray%20Moustache%20and%20Eyebrows,%20Lopsided%20Grin%20/%20Closed%20Mouth%20Pattern%20(SW%20Lando)%20-%20Hollow%20Stud&category=%5BMinifigure,%20Head%5D#T=C&C=88

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Looking at the new Monkie Boy sets, the ends of his staff are extra long lightsaber handles!!  Hopefully we'll get a Darth Maul with a longer handle soon, since Lego will have the mold!

98VY09U.jpg

34 minutes ago, DrMuttonchops said:

Looking at the new Monkie Boy sets, the ends of his staff are extra long lightsaber handles!!  Hopefully we'll get a Darth Maul with a longer handle soon, since Lego will have the mold!

It comes in dark grey, too!

Honestly, I think this makes it more likely maul's going to be in either the summer 2020 exclusive or something from 2021, it just looks so similar to the piece they use in the lego video games for him.

@marvelBoy123 Those are all pretty good but that death watch soldier especially looks great, I wouldn't have though that spider-man torso could work, but it looks really good! I might have to bricklink the parts for one or two of those guys.