Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Baze Malbus or "Guard, Knit Cap"?

Sorry to be graphic, but when IG-11 removed his helmet, Pascal/Din looked like he'd been through a car crash. I'll wager that facial scarring is going to make an appearance.

4 hours ago, JRBricks said:

Speaking of Mandalorian updates, anyone have a good suggestion for Pascal's head? Was thinking of maybe Tasu Leech's head or even Tony Stark's. Or another alternative? Thanks...

The businessman from jurassic world? The one in the 2015 helicopter and pterodactyl set. Facial hair isn't perfect and the expressions might not be what you're looking for, but the only expression we have for him in the show is "looking like he's about to die", so...

On 2/17/2020 at 12:13 AM, JRBricks said:

Speaking of Mandalorian updates, anyone have a good suggestion for Pascal's head? Was thinking of maybe Tasu Leech's head or even Tony Stark's. Or another alternative? Thanks...

Bard from the Hobbit. Just pencil erase the side burns if you like.

bard-the-bowman.jpg

Ah yes, Bard looks like a good fit. Baze too. Others are decent ones as well, thanks for the input. Now that the Razor Crest is coming with perhaps a new Mando fig, may wait and see if they will include an updated head or not. 

11 hours ago, JRBricks said:

Ah yes, Bard looks like a good fit. Baze too. Others are decent ones as well, thanks for the input. Now that the Razor Crest is coming with perhaps a new Mando fig, may wait and see if they will include an updated head or not. 

If the pre-release images are anything to go by, it looks like Mando's sadly going to be the same figure. Shame, would have loved to have got him in his full silver garb.

And here's Bard in action, think it's a fantastic match:

5d06a0aaf2f4795a45292879?width=600&forma

49565002402_1ea3e1213e_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Now this is just me playing around to make a more accurate Cara Dune, the hair's too short and literally a pixie bob, yet really wanted to capture some of her hair's asymmetry so used the following hair piece:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=37823&name=Minifigure, Hair Female Short Tousled with Side Part&category=[Minifigure, Hair]#T=C

Looked and looked for official and custom hair that's a better match, but can't find anything at present.

So here's an updated Cara Dune that I'm undecided about. That said, short hair allows for her to wear shoulder armour (waiting on a dark blue alternative style to come down, see how that looks), also replaced the arms with half-sleeves and gave her a more accurate heavy blaster. Here's her alongside FST's Moff Gideon with his alternate face that's not shown on the website. Thoughts?

49564553948_70ca1697a1_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Now this is just me playing around to make a more accurate Cara Dune, the hair's too short and literally a pixie bob, yet really wanted to capture some of her hair's asymmetry so used the following hair piece:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=37823&name=Minifigure, Hair Female Short Tousled with Side Part&category=[Minifigure, Hair]#T=C

Looked and looked for official and custom hair that's a better match, but can't find anything at present.

So here's an updated Cara Dune that I'm undecided about. That said, short hair allows for her to wear shoulder armour (waiting on a dark blue alternative style to come down, see how that looks), also replaced the arms with half-sleeves and gave her a more accurate heavy blaster. Here's her alongside FST's Moff Gideon with his alternate face that's not shown on the website. Thoughts?

Looks really good. Cara Dune looks more like Cara Dune. The reverse of Moff Gideon is easier on the eyes, but still looking like Palpatine or a very well-fed man. His linework only translates if you vividly recall every nook and cranny of Giancarlo Esposito's face. Less is more. I'd suggest the simple defined cheekbones of Thrawn and lip color to bring out that moustache. But the body is so clearly Moff Gideon, it overrules any complaints about the face. I like it the more I look at it.

1 hour ago, cycbuild said:

Looks really good. Cara Dune looks more like Cara Dune. 

Ah good to know she doesn't look awful, many thanks :classic: it's a little too pixie-cut from the other side for me to be completely satisfied, but at least she's got the dangling asymmetry with this style.

Sometimes I put the little extras together and go "There it is! That's them!" with a eureka moment of capturing the character, but with Cara the hair's either too short or too long and didn't know what translates best best upon current hair style availability. So whilst I'm not entirely happy with her, at least you haven't said "Why have you made Cara Dune look like Brenda Lee?" :laugh:

Incidentally, I don't believe that hair piece is available officially in black... my part was actually bright yellow and I just coloured it in with a permanent black sharpie! :grin:

All that said, I guess the more I look at the source material, the length isn't too different actually:

img-2795902-m.jpg:wub:

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

New custom figure of Cal Kestis from Fallen Order on FST:

FST259_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

It's a decent likeness but Cal's so milk-toast, such an intergalactic Richie Cunningham and has terrible dress-sense so I'll pass on this one.

If they'd made a Second Sister however, I'd have submitted my purchase already (even without a helmet!)!

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Updated with new dark blue shoulder armour to match the colour of the printed armour (which was better, this or the black?), along with a simple fix to one of the AT ST's Klatoonian marauders so they're not twins:

49584548011_8a23910d60_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

9 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Updated with new dark blue shoulder armour to match the colour of the printed armour (which was better, this or the black?), along with a simple fix to one of the AT ST's Klatoonian marauders so they're not twins:

I might have to use that armor, is it an official part?

1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Four designs are back in stock, get shopping!!!

Only Pops and Jaraldine left already! I still need Red Leader :grin:

Thats crazy! Again? They must be kidding. I was at work, then coming home, cooking and cleaning and when done, aleeady out of stock again

On 2/21/2020 at 2:52 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

I think Moff Gideon looks cool, but I usually hold back on purchasing custom figures, who I believe there is a large change that they soon will be an official figure. Baby Yoda was one as such, which was pretty fast was proven to be a wise choice and I think Gideon is the same, I think there is a high probability he will be an official figure by next year.

BTW like what you did will Cara Dune. I have a spare of the same hairpiece. I will do the same.

cheers / Peter 

20 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I think Moff Gideon looks cool, but I usually hold back on purchasing custom figures, who I believe there is a large change that they soon will be an official figure. Baby Yoda was one as such, which was pretty fast was proven to be a wise choice and I think Gideon is the same, I think there is a high probability he will be an official figure by next year.

Oh I personally don't mind on account of the fact that the only FST customs I've bought have either been characters that'll now very likely never be made by Lego (Jaina Solo, Kyle Katarn and Iden Versio in her unzipped rebel flight-suit) and uniformed Imperial characters (Thrawn and Gideon) that I can just use the cheaper real Lego torsos  (if made) on other Imperial officers to bulk up our ranks, such as my real TLG Thrawn torso here as "some other grand admiral" wearing CMF chef legs in the officer's mess of the Conveyex whilst the expensive, accurately ranked and more detailed FST Thrawn enjoys being at the Emperor's side in his throne room:

48814505063_35335fd8c7_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Finally firestar manage to put a descent stock of rebel pilot helmets so I manage to order the remaining two the I lacked!

On 2/21/2020 at 8:52 AM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Hair looks great man!  Just a regular permanent marker?  I think this shoulder pauldron fits better shape-wise than the blue one.  Are those arms from Barbara Gordon?  

Anyone got a good helmet design for the last two Praetorian Guards? I’m not sure lego will make more

4 hours ago, Asajki said:

Anyone got a good helmet design for the last two Praetorian Guards? I’m not sure lego will make more

You mean the helmet design we haven't gotten yet? It's close enough to the design of the ones we got in the throne room that i'd say it's the closes thing you can get purist.

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has found a good custom option for Chewbaccas bowcaster? The ones used by lego don’t look right and I can’t find anything on firestar.

1 hour ago, DockingBay94 said:

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has found a good custom option for Chewbaccas bowcaster? The ones used by lego don’t look right and I can’t find anything on firestar.

Brickarms and CAC both have custom bowcasters (normally I prefer CAC but I think brickarms has the better bowcaster). Welcome to eurobricks!

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

thanks, i’ll check them out.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Brickarms and CAC both have custom bowcasters (normally I prefer CAC but I think brickarms has the better bowcaster). Welcome to eurobricks!

Tand CAC both have custom bowcasters (normally I prefer CAC but I think brickarms has the better bowcaster). Welcome to eurobricks!