Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

with Arealight clone commando helmet part and AVfigures MF decal, here I finished my clone MF collection of Gregor

Spoiler

49422754261_f17e5a3583_c.jpg

49422979747_22efea64e9_c.jpg

I don't own one of the new style hoods in brown. I'm wondering if anyone has tried Obi-wan's on a Jawa?

It made me wonder if it'd improve the figure or not. I own quite a few Jawa's and it might make a nice variety by mixing up the hoods

6 hours ago, AdmiralRaddus said:

Will we be seeing a restock of the firestar pilot helmets in the future?

Don't know about "soon", it took 7 months for the last restock after Katie advised me it would be in "a few weeks" back in May. The restock finally occurred in mid December, finally got my Jaldine Gerams one then to complete my collection thanks to my "notify me when this is back in stock" alert.

So it may be another long wait, but if you need any, make sure you click the 'notify' email button on their site for each one you want. It works and avoids disappointment and constantly having to check the site.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

On 1/23/2020 at 4:37 AM, azzer86 said:

I don't own one of the new style hoods in brown. I'm wondering if anyone has tried Obi-wan's on a Jawa?

It made me wonder if it'd improve the figure or not. I own quite a few Jawa's and it might make a nice variety by mixing up the hoods

At your service! Sorry I don't have capes for them

Utini!

Hope you guys enjoy this one!

My mini MOC collection is divided into the Fel Empire and Grievous' Droid Army with its own headcanon. Is this the best place to post non-canon characters?

- cycbuild

with jetjacks!

Sith Commandos

Sith Commando[lorians]

helmet - Major Vonreg

kama - First Order Snowtrooper Officer

jetpack - Sith Jet Trooper and 1x1 black tile

torso - Santa Jango Fett

arms - Deadshot

legs - Billy Starbeam and dark red hips

Rifle Gun

gun - TranquilizerInsert other media

scope - Lightsaber Hilt Straight

Utility Belt

belt - Utility Belt

Holy smokes, now that's how you make an entrance. They look incredible but my brain is melting just thinking of the cost to put those together. Then to top it off you casually drop in hundreds of troops just out of focus you sneaky tease. Do you have a flickr account or somewhere to view what is no doubt an epic collection?

24 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

Holy smokes, now that's how you make an entrance. They look incredible but my brain is melting just thinking of the cost to put those together. Then to top it off you casually drop in hundreds of troops just out of focus you sneaky tease. Do you have a flickr account or somewhere to view what is no doubt an epic collection?

Thanks brother!

Well, all right. You've twisted my arm. Please don't dox me with photos of my dog.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cycbuild/

10 hours ago, cycbuild said:

At your service! Sorry I don't have capes for them

This looks pretty good. I'll have to pick a few of the new hoods up when they come down in price/more readily available.

Edited by azzer86
Typo

On 1/28/2020 at 11:54 PM, azzer86 said:

This looks pretty good. I'll have to pick a few of the new hoods up when they come down in price/more readily available.

Happy to help :pir-grin:  I've ordered a 4505 (Farmer's Cowl) and a 34690pb01 (Battle Ready Lucy's hood). Will post of pics of updated Jawas so you guys can see if they're viable.

Ps. Incidentally, the cheapest listing for BRL's hood is currently 45p from a UK seller. But the min buy is £10. That's where they get ya.

On 1/29/2020 at 2:58 AM, cycbuild said:

Thanks brother!

Well, all right. You've twisted my arm. Please don't dox me with photos of my dog.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cycbuild/

On the FLicker - WOW, Some of the combinations are great. Usage of the bigfigs, dark Maleficant and other darksiders (i assume). Great inspiration for custom figs.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:13 PM, STARHAWK said:

On the FLicker - WOW, Some of the combinations are great. Usage of the bigfigs, dark Maleficant and other darksiders (i assume). Great inspiration for custom figs.

Thanks dood! :pir_laugh2: Always makes me crack up when I remember the fig with Maleficent horns (the sexy Devaronian Sith lady) shares the same legs with Mr. Incredible.

Updated Rat Creatures:

Krayt Dragon Pearl

Happy Valentine's Day!

Let me know how you feel about this very Durge-y MOC M-OC and a (probably incorrect :imperialguard_commander1:) interpretation of Abeloth.

Suggestions are very welcome.

-cycbuild

Star Wars Mini MOCsAbelothM-OC MOCYou've Seen Them BeforeBackviewHappy Valentine's Day! (End)

On 2/6/2020 at 3:21 AM, Daddy_Stardust said:

The all new Moff Gideon from Firestar Toys:

FST226_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Why on earth is his skin not brown? and that face does not resemble Giancarlo Esposito at all. shame

On 1/28/2020 at 5:48 PM, cycbuild said:

Sith Commando[lorians] (snipped)

This the the most incredible purist lego army I've ever seen. There's no doubt it was insanely expensive to get just the helmets alone, but you use the parts REALLY well. The kama covering the more holiday-ish parts of the torso, for instance.

Side note though, there are now only 2 of the holiday fett torsos for sale on bricklink in north america :cry_sad:.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This the the most incredible purist lego army I've ever seen. There's no doubt it was insanely expensive to get just the helmets alone, but you use the parts REALLY well. The kama covering the more holiday-ish parts of the torso, for instance.

Side note though, there are now only 2 of the holiday fett torsos for sale on bricklink in north america :cry_sad:.

Thanks Mandalorianknight! Happy you could tell! I really made it a priority to silence the holiday spirit. On a personal note, they're actually a failed attempt at Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders.

OK. I am a greedy goblin :pir-yoda: but in my defense, there's a lot left in Europe anyone could buy. I started collecting them (with Neocrusaders in mind) soon after I crept out of the Dark Ages last year.

Please Overlook This

29 minutes ago, cycbuild said:

Thanks Mandalorianknight! Happy you could tell! I really made it a priority to silence the holiday spirit. On a personal note, they're actually a failed attempt at Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders.

OK. I am a greedy goblin :pir-yoda: but in my defense, there's a lot left in Europe anyone could buy. I started collecting them (with Neocrusaders in mind) soon after I crept out of the Dark Ages last year.

Hey, no reason to apologize for making such an epic army. I'll certainly be buying some of those torsos from europe, though, your designs are just too cool not to have.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hey, no reason to apologize for making such an epic army. I'll certainly be buying some of those torsos from europe, though, your designs are just too cool not to have.

Thanks ner'vod, no worries. Uhhhhh just now realized some of the legs have shorter knee pads. Those are from another Galaxy Squad minifig "Red Robot Sidekick with Jet Pack". They are similar though, so y'know you might get one if you order the other. :shrug_confused:

19 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

Why on earth is his skin not brown? and that face does not resemble Giancarlo Esposito at all. shame

I think it's a decent representation of Giancarlo's face and skin tone. Reddish Brown would be too dark, I think. Medium Nougat is a good alternative.

I mean, it's no worse than what Lego did to Gina Carano...

Edited by ARC2149Nova

11 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I think it's a decent representation of Giancarlo's face and skin tone. Reddish Brown would be too dark, I think. Medium Nougat is a good alternative.

I mean, it's no worse than what Lego did to Gina Carano...

I think the figure's fine for Moff Gideon, bought it and it actually has an alternate face of his little sadistic smirk that may arguably be a little bit more accurate to the actor's features. If anything the hair's the hardest part to match on a minifigure.

Cara Dune only really needs better hair to be a more accurate match. Hoping a custom company releases one that'll match her more closely. Bought more black short sleeve arms to put on her figure though, think that'll look way better than the bare arms... and fingers crossed FST release a tattoo-accurate arm for her, just as they did for Griff Halloran.

1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Cara Dune only really needs better hair to be a more accurate match. Hoping a custom company releases one that'll match her more closely. Bought more black short sleeve arms to put on her figure though, think that'll look way better than the bare arms... and fingers crossed FST release a tattoo-accurate arm for her, just as they did for Griff Halloran.

I still feel the actress is paler than what Lego realized, but looking at different photos, it could just be the lighting. Then again, the Hasbro figures look pretty pale too, so idk.:shrug_confused:

Speaking of Mandalorian updates, anyone have a good suggestion for Pascal's head? Was thinking of maybe Tasu Leech's head or even Tony Stark's. Or another alternative? Thanks...