Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

You remember that Lego unnamed resistance pilot?

sw0861.png

Well turns out he’s actually in the movie!

His name’s Teene 

842DEA98-B1CF-4B99-98F3-610CEC6BC496.jpeg

Next is another we can make, Edon Kappehl

B3CFF6B7-3568-4363-91B1-6E632ED3E5C9.jpeg

We can use Firestar’s Garvin helmet for him 

06B77914-5B6C-4ECF-9911-BF29FDDB7B35.jpeg.fe14e267f5753173b07351299d16c3fa.jpeg

We can also use the ucs falcon Han’s head for him if you want the breathing mask 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM2oMc9hazh7A-Ain_0PP

Finally there’s Spennie, now we never see her face so she’s easier

Use ucs Leia’s head

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx6zu31dxF-nJ7WyBmDpT

And the Microfighters U-wing helmet

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRygsc_f6n124O_pEfcZHE

You can use the regular resistance body and legs afterwards for both 

These will fill up your bomber seats

Edited by Asajki

Hi guys, just wondering if you had any purist solutions for a Lyra Erso Minifigure? It’s difficult to get a torso. I thought maybe the old Ben torso with the dark brown robe printed on may be a stand in? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralRaddus said:

Hi guys, just wondering if you had any purist solutions for a Lyra Erso Minifigure? It’s difficult to get a torso. I thought maybe the old Ben torso with the dark brown robe printed on may be a stand in? Thanks.

Pong Krell's lower torso and just change the white arms.

lego-star-wars-pong-krell.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

I'm not going to claim that it's perfect - the second belt prevents it from being that - but Lucy's legs from the Lego Movie 2 work pretty well on the Mandalorian minifig that is lacking a leg print in the battle pack (I've not seen the show yet, so don't know if it's based on a particular character with any particular costume design on their legs)3755a2e52d751b59453fea684abc2c25.jpg

Edited by V-2929
photo didn't link first time around

3 hours ago, V-2929 said:

I'm not going to claim that it's perfect - the second belt prevents it from being that - but Lucy's legs from the Lego Movie 2 work pretty well on the Mandalorian minifig that is lacking a leg print in the battle pack (I've not seen the show yet, so don't know if it's based on a particular character with any particular costume design on their legs)

Dash Rendar disagrees! Since when did wearing more than one belt ever stop a Star Wars character haha?

latest?cb=20111223224747

I managed to pick up a couple of the Mandalorian battle packs so my clan has expanded. I have spent a lot of time trying to create unique looking figures from other parts and this is still work in progress as I hope to buy more body parts and helmets I don't yet own.

49298689486_12c993de6c_c.jpgMandalorian 1 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

49298204758_eb195b7afd_c.jpgMandalorian 3 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

49298204663_a16b150c20_c.jpgMandalorian 9 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

49298689691_34f63caed7_c.jpgMandalorian 5 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

49298204838_a5829409c8_c.jpgMandalorian 7 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

49298892792_7857f76cf4_c.jpgMandalorian 11 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

Spoiler

82042166_2605726203000217_85489192692309

Does anyone have an image of the non-lego helmet for the blue/purple Mando from the battle pack. I found an image with the others from the battlepack in and I put the image in the spoiler bracket.

Edited by Agent Kallus

thanks for sharing!

I love how such a cheap set gives us so many possibilities for modification. I only bought one pack and spent about 10 hours trying endless possibilities with printed or dual molded arms and parts of other figures

Fortunately I purchased the Rebel battlepack including 2 grey jet packs a few years ago on 50% off sale. I put the 2 jetpacks on both s1 Sabine Wren and the blue Mandalorian - looks great

10 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

I managed to pick up a couple of the Mandalorian battle packs so my clan has expanded. I have spent a lot of time trying to create unique looking figures from other parts and this is still work in progress as I hope to buy more body parts and helmets I don't yet own.

Mandalorian 1 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

Mandalorian 3 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

Mandalorian 9 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

Mandalorian 5 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

Mandalorian 7 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

Mandalorian 11 by That Orange Thing, on Flickr

Damn they look great! Thanks for sharing! I really need to pick a few now :grin:

The white one kinda looks off though, think the original figure looks better

9 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Does anyone have an image of the non-lego helmet for the blue/purple Mando from the battle pack. I found an image with the others from the battlepack in and I put the image in the spoiler bracket.

Do you mean the heavy gunner? I think it's likely that CAC or some other 3rd party will make a custom mould for it, I don't think there's any at the moment

Lego really needs to make a new mould for the mandalorian helmet, their current solution doesn't match the look of it

Does anyone have any suggestions for a more accurate hair piece for Cara?

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

Do you mean the heavy gunner? I think it's likely that CAC or some other 3rd party will make a custom mould for it, I don't think there's any at the moment

No sorry what I meant was there an image of what the helmet of the blue/purple mando included in the battle-pack looked like in live action, because I couldn't find one.

Whilst Lego's Mando piece isn't perfect most of the custom mando helmets I've seen tend to look a little too wide to my eye.

On 12/28/2019 at 5:53 PM, Hoth Rebel said:

These are honestly tempting.

56j8cf21xw741.jpg

I expanded my Devastator stand to display my collection of Imperial brass, all with updated hats and boots. I know Yularen should technically have the same pants as Krennic to be the most accurate but truth be told I just think he looks better like this. Beyond that, I think I have all the "new" released grey tunic officers, as the black and light grey officers with rank plagues are very expensive and hard to find; plus they don't from together into a cohesive looking unit as well as the others. Therefore it's the five named (Krennic, Thrawn, Tarkin, Yularen, Piett), two captains from the Solo battlepack, lieutenant from the Devastator, commander from the 2014 star destroyer, and three rear admirals from the advent calendar.

I got all but Thrawn and the lieutenant on the secondary market over the last three years or so - surprisingly the commander from the 2014 star destroyer was the hardest to track down. I had to get him at a local convention.

These Mandos are fun. I just want to share my small group with you. It's a WIP as I am waiting for some orders to arrive, including the printed arms from Firestartoys.

mando_1.jpg

The dark orange one is my favourite, especially after putting in place the Ninjago dual molded arms.

mando_2.jpg

On 12/29/2019 at 6:47 PM, V-2929 said:

I'm not going to claim that it's perfect - the second belt prevents it from being that - but Lucy's legs from the Lego Movie 2 work pretty well on the Mandalorian minifig that is lacking a leg print in the battle pack (I've not seen the show yet, so don't know if it's based on a particular character with any particular costume design on their legs)

From pictures posted here I initially thought the belt print will look off cause it is different brown. But on mine it looks spot on. And like mentioned above: 2 belts are more than fine in SW :wink:
Jango and Boba also had 2 belts on their recent minifigures.

I regret so hard not getting the Maul/Mandalorian speeder. Once saw it at 11$ on sale in a store years ago. Those helmets with the Batman armor look amazing!

I even think about getting the Mandalorian MC; but the helmet is so damn plain. I'm afraid better versions of it will only be available in expensive sets.

9 hours ago, PaulPrime said:

These Mandos are fun. I just want to share my small group with you. It's a WIP as I am waiting for some orders to arrive, including the printed arms from Firestartoys.

mando_1.jpg

The dark orange one is my favourte, especially after putting in place the Ninjago dual molded arms.

For the second Mando on the right, I can only say: That is not the way.

What are those legs for the Maul-affiliated Death Watch you're using? I've been looking for decent legs for those for a long time, but cannot find any. I prefer kneepads, but those flaps look a lot better than nothing!

1 hour ago, TWP said:

For the second Mando on the right, I can only say: That is not the way.

What are those legs for the Maul-affiliated Death Watch you're using? I've been looking for decent legs for those for a long time, but cannot find any. I prefer kneepads, but those flaps look a lot better than nothing!

Sorry, I'm not sure what is the part you are asking for. Legs and hips comes from different minifigs or legs from my parts bin. Is this one https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=970c85pb13 ?

On 12/31/2019 at 12:41 AM, mediumsnowman said:

I know Yularen should technically have the same pants as Krennic ...

At the risk of having missed this elsewhere in this thread, which pants did you use for Krennic? They all look great!

Edited by Dhivael

Anyone has an idea what legs are best to use with Rebels version of Captain Rex? He could use grey and white dual molded legs but I couldn't find any suitable replacement.

3 hours ago, jp-30 said:

Not sure if this is an "Update" rather than a rebuild, but the old official IG droids aren't menacing enough any more. 

LEGO Mandalorian Minifig MOCs by
jp-30, on Flickr

Full album
https://www.flickr.com/photos/134884717@N03/albums/72157712611645742/with/49364715526/

Interesting solution to the head! At first glance I didn't think it was lego :p