Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

On 10/10/2019 at 1:48 AM, wesker said:

What's cartoony about the existing hair piece? It matches up to the live action version just fine

It's how it looks from the side and the back that has always bugged me more than from the front. If there was a piece that became less bulky (though admittedly that may be a issue when it comes to strength of the piece, given the shape, and making it tough enough to not break through play) as it neared the end I'd be happier with how it looks.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:17 AM, Sneakguest said:

Yes, only thing missing is the red knot covering the stud 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:40 AM, Kit Bricksto said:

Could be solved with one of THESE

Or if that is too blocky and tall a custom sticker or even some paint on the head's stud would probably do the job too. I'd prefer a purist solution though and in my opinion leaving it the way it was is better than either option. 

I'd tried adding an open stud previously, and it just ends up looking worse unfortunately. Thanks though.

Maybe the original head exacerbates the issue, and the hair will look better once it's on the non-Clone Wars head.

Edited by V-2929

029df135ee59f5607a42f31bcd66bf7b.jpg

Firestar's Aurra Sing and Ahsoka heads (the focus is a little off on Ahsoka; the print is more crisp than it looks here). And, yeah, I have no issue at all with how Aurra's hair looks from that angle, but I do still dislike it viewed from the side or behind. Oh well.

On 6/23/2019 at 3:40 PM, Tidy said:

it’s a very deep rabbit hole you’re descending. ;-]

On 6/24/2019 at 2:45 PM, Robianco said:

Oh how I chuckled when I read this. Such innocence. Such naivety.

You'll be replacing every conceivable arm in your SW collection before you know it.

Every. Single. One. 

And your figures will look all the better for it. :)

You were both right... I've made two more Firestar Toys purchases. Probably simple mods everyone else who uses them have already done. Inferno squad & Y-wing arm updates (although i'm not sure if the Mon-Calamari should have them?). Plus I'm surprised how good the DGB imperial troops look with the boots & admiral figures. Apologies for the poor lighting/quality, my proper camera wasn't available.

Whilst I have a large number of figures, I don't have 'large' army's, so 5 arms & legs at a time is usually an easier cost to swallow. (My Clone and Stormtrooper armies are around 30-40 in size). 

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

(I also bought the Dr Evazan figure and a few of their custom posters which will feature in my next Tatooine MOC building(s) which is in-progress...)

21 hours ago, La Chupacabra said:

Anyone has Stormtrooper arms ?

I have 50 Stormtroopers with the printed arms.

So, after getting the last arms I needed for my OT Stormtroopers, I decided to go back to the "drawing board" for a few of my older figures, such as the Shadow Guards and V-Wing pilots. I also decided that I didn't like my Special Forces design so I went and got them some new legs. I changed my Shadow Guards' torsos and legs to that of DT torso and legs, as well as a waist cloth and Black Imperial arms from FST. The V-wing Pilots now use regular Tie pilots' torso and legs to match the shininess of the helmet and face mask. My homebrew Special Forces stormtroopers still use the older ST torso, but with the newer ST legs. I also gave each of them a unique flesh colored head and a set of ST arms from FST, though I don't have any images of the heads atm. I gave my Range Troopers the new Snowtrooper arms, and they look amazing. I always liked the regular figure, but those arms just seal the deal for it. I also got the new Imperial Pistol (I think it's new) seen in The Mandalorian to go with a couple of my troopers, apologies for the semi crappy image at the end. I also included images of my new Heavy Infantry ST and Commander ST to go with all my others.

20191129_140542.jpg

20191129_141333.jpg

20191129_141044.jpg

20191129_141809.jpg

20191129_140743.jpg

20191129_140933.jpg

20191129_140712.jpg

I'm currently also on the quest of buying Firestartoys arms for all my figures instead of the one-offs. I hope they make some Mandalorian arms soon :tongue: 

the new 2020 Mando battlepack is full of possibilities. For example; the dark orangeish helmet would fit great with the colour scheme of the S2 Sabine Wren; if you give her the dual molded black-dark orange Garmadon arms from TLNM CMF.

the blue Mando could be used for a future style Sabine due to its bright colours and purple paint.

Btw does anyone here know how to best modify the Mandalorian figure from the AT-ST walker? I consider purchasing it for the figure, but dont know still how to modify it?

5 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

the new 2020 Mando battlepack is full of possibilities. For example; the dark orangeish helmet would fit great with the colour scheme of the S2 Sabine Wren; if you give her the dual molded black-dark orange Garmadon arms from TLNM CMF.

the blue Mando could be used for a future style Sabine due to its bright colours and purple paint.

Btw does anyone here know how to best modify the Mandalorian figure from the AT-ST walker? I consider purchasing it for the figure, but dont know still how to modify it?

If you're happy with 3rd party parts - Arealight helmet, BrickArms Weapons, eclipseGRAFX hands, and I'm waiting (hoping!) on Firestar for some printed arms.

Also I'd be surprised if Lego didn't release more sets in the future, so possible we'll get a version of the Mandalorian in his black and silver armour as well.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:11 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I've upgraded my Mando to his new armor using Jango's torso. You can see him here.

I'm trying to make an M-3PO military protocol droid and am having some trouble.  This is my best so far, I've also tried with the mask sides of 3626cpb1055 and 3626cpb1616 as heads but they didn't look quite as good.  Here's a photo of what I have, and a reference photo.  Suggestions?  I'm considering erasing the mouth grille and cutting under the visor so it can be flipped down.

uPoyqJw.jpg  latest?cb=20080501192001

On 12/10/2019 at 10:11 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I really don't see the ability to upgrade the Mando without using custom parts. I have a custom figure I bought a few days ago which has him in the Beskar Steel, although that's custom printed. I still need to get a better cape for him, and for that I'll likely order this custom one from CloneArmyCustoms: 

28de26ebade87f56c1bd88afc8766259.jpg

Here's my custom printed Mandalorian, with the Arealight Beskar helmet:

20191212_084028.jpg?width=1248&height=70

20191212_083621.jpg?width=1248&height=702

7 hours ago, Tusserte said:

What about a plain black head and different headgear piece? like a regular helmet with 22401

That's a pretty good idea, and while I don't love that visor it's better than what I've got!  Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pick up a regular helmet and that visor and give it a shot.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:50 PM, That Brick King said:

I really don't see the ability to upgrade the Mando without using custom parts. I have a custom figure I bought a few days ago which has him in the Beskar Steel, although that's custom printed. I still need to get a better cape for him,

Agreed. This is my attemp with the parts I have at hand. The cape is what really adds to the look. I cut it from a paper bag and carefully folded to better resemble his on screen appearance.

mando_beskar_wip.jpg

On 12/13/2019 at 12:50 AM, That Brick King said:

I really don't see the ability to upgrade the Mando without using custom parts. I have a custom figure I bought a few days ago which has him in the Beskar Steel, although that's custom printed. I still need to get a better cape for him, and for that I'll likely order this custom one from CloneArmyCustoms: 

Here's my custom printed Mandalorian, with the Arealight Beskar helmet:

I don't have one yet :(

Who designed the torso and legs?

31 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I don't have one yet :(

Who designed the torso and legs?

I bought the figure itself from here, helmet included: https://www.bigkidbrix.com/product-page/mandalorian-custom-printed-on-lego-minifigure-star-wars 

It's currently sold out, and I don't know when they'll restock him. 

Edited by That Brick King

Got my purge trooper:

LEGO purge trooper

As well as a Pre Vizsla:

Arealight pre vizslaArealight pre vizsla

More pics in my photostream

Really like those Mandalorian Vambraces on the arms and the custom jetpack

16 hours ago, Reaper said:

Got my purge trooper:

LEGO purge trooper

As well as a Pre Vizsla:

Arealight pre vizslaArealight pre vizsla

More pics in my photostream

Really like those Mandalorian Vambraces on the arms and the custom jetpack

Arealight's Mando gear are pretty great, right? I have the Boba set (helm, jetpack, gun, vambraces(, with the UCS Boba legs Torso with printed arms. It really finishes off the character. I really need to get the Vizla figure set and Jango gear pack sometime. 

Just finished my first decal from AVFigures, they look pretty incredible

Av figures commander colt