Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

16 hours ago, dario2739 said:

Hi guys, late to this thread (and apologies if already asked/covered), but who does the best custom Pad Printing out there... UK preferably?

cheers

That's the million dollar question. I know I've enquired in the past about pad printing but was quite a few years ago now. It proved prohibitively so at the time. I've got a project I'd like to get pad printed so it's something I'll be looking into again soon.

On 7/30/2019 at 9:45 AM, Robianco said:

That's the million dollar question. I know I've enquired in the past about pad printing but was quite a few years ago now. It proved prohibitively so at the time. I've got a project I'd like to get pad printed so it's something I'll be looking into again soon.

Thanks - i've checked out quite a few places available over here in the UK... some look really good, but not as good as Lego... not sure what process they use for printing, but would like to get a decent job done.

1 hour ago, dario2739 said:

Thanks - i've checked out quite a few places available over here in the UK... some look really good, but not as good as Lego... not sure what process they use for printing, but would like to get a decent job done.

To be honest anybody that offers pad printing should be as good as Lego... or they're just not a very good printer. The process should be identical. The only thing I can think is down to quality control.

I did speak to a printer several years ago who has said they'd printed quite a lot of Lego pieces. I also think some people may just be happy with having something printed at all and don't really go into the kind of detail required for a good minifigure.

I recently saw the mini figures revealed for the 19th series, and the fox suit lady’s dual molded legs would look nice on a rebel or snow speeder pilot. The only downside is no printing, but I think it might be a good investment. Also worth noting the adventurer’s dual molded legs with the pockets erased could be used on count dooku.

Edited by Captain-DeadPool
Wanted to add another sentence

This is my first design of the purge trooper. Apologies for the delay, work has been killing me lately and I kept forgetting to upload. It's not screen accurate, but it's good enough for me.

First design of the Purge Trooper in lego

First design of the Purge Trooper in lego

Edited by That Brick King
fixing a link

2 hours ago, That Brick King said:

This is my first design of the purge trooper. Apologies for the delay, work has been killing me lately and I kept forgetting to upload. It's not screen accurate, but it's good enough for me.

That looks really cool! May I ask where the helmet is from?

54 minutes ago, Reaper said:

That looks really cool! May I ask where the helmet is from?

I assume it’s this one? Never been a fan of the airborne helmet (in Star Wars in general, not just as Lego) but definitely looks much better on a figure than just as a catalogue image. Very nicely done figure!

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Headgear/Arealight-Unprinted-Headgear/5506-Arealight-~-Airborne-Helmet-~-Black-.html

That's a decent looking Purge Trooper. That makes me want to keep my two spare Inferno bodies to make them. 

I don’t have any photos of it currently, but I tried putting reaper’s cape from the overwatch sets on emperor palpatine, and I want to say it looks a bit sleeker compared to the normal cape lego gives him.

Yes they are indeed Arealight helmets. I originally planned to do CAC, but the molding design just didn't do it for me. Arealight I've always liked, so I went with them. Needless to say, I'm glad I did. If you're curious about the blaster, it's from BigKidBrixx. I was given a few extra of them with my last order of Death Trooper blasters about a year ago seen here: 

Lego Director Krennic and Death Troopers

Kind of an old picture, as I have newer pauldrons from MinifigKat, which have the molded ammo pouches attached. 

Decided to make a riot clone trooper since I had a spare commander Fox torso lying around.

The decals are draw on sticker paper and then cut out. Hope you like it. (this is my first time applying decals)

Custom LEGO riot clone trooperCustom LEGO riot clone trooperCustom LEGO riot clone trooperCustom LEGO riot clone trooperCustom LEGO riot clone trooperCustom LEGO riot clone trooper

Nice! I would recommend trying water decals, too, the surface is much smoother with them.

- Samppu

On 9/15/2019 at 12:58 AM, Samppu said:

Nice! I would recommend trying water decals, too, the surface is much smoother with them.

- Samppu

Thanks! Was thinking about trying AVfig's decals

If you're going to decal then get a good clear acrylic spray to seal the figure once the decal is applied. I used to do that and it works well.

So FireStarToys just sent me an email, and they got a hell of a lot of new SW minifigure arms. Good lord, now I want to upgrade my army of 40 Death Troopers, 10 Patrols, and 12 Snowtroopers! XD

b7690508-7f7a-415f-b8d5-27bed4c230b8.jpg

1 hour ago, That Brick King said:

So FireStarToys just sent me an email, and they got a hell of a lot of new SW minifigure arms. Good lord, now I want to upgrade my army of 40 Death Troopers, 10 Patrols, and 12 Snowtroopers! XD

Annnd thats gonna cost...

I wonder if you can just buy waterslide decals of arm prints and then apply them yourself, like that would save a ton of money.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:57 PM, That Brick King said:

These arms look so good. I just put in a big order. Hopefully we'll see Scout Troopers and Shadow Troopers next.

They do look awesome! FSC really cut the mustard with these parts.

Do the patrol troopers arms work with the Endor biker scout?

Now that Firestar have a non-Clone Wars head for Aurra Sing, has anyone found a good hair piece, official or custom, for her that doesn't look as cartoony as the hair that comes with the minifig? Doesn't actually have to be a piece intended as hair, if there's plume or similar that looks convincing.

3 hours ago, V-2929 said:

Now that Firestar have a non-Clone Wars head for Aurra Sing, has anyone found a good hair piece, official or custom, for her that doesn't look as cartoony as the hair that comes with the minifig? Doesn't actually have to be a piece intended as hair, if there's plume or similar that looks convincing.

What's cartoony about the existing hair piece? It matches up to the live action version just fine.

Aurrasing_detail.pngsw0306.original.png

9 hours ago, wesker said:

What's cartoony about the existing hair piece? It matches up to the live action version just fine.

Yes, only thing missing is the red knot covering the stud 

14 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Yes, only thing missing is the red knot covering the stud 

Could be solved with one of THESE

Or if that is too blocky and tall a custom sticker or even some paint on the head's stud would probably do the job too. I'd prefer a purist solution though and in my opinion leaving it the way it was is better than either option. 

8 hours ago, Kit Bricksto said:

Could be solved with one of THESE

Or if that is too blocky and tall a custom sticker or even some paint on the head's stud would probably do the job too. I'd prefer a purist solution though and in my opinion leaving it the way it was is better than either option. 

true, hehe didn't think about that, but sure, it could do and easier than painting it for sure