Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

15 minutes ago, DrMuttonchops said:

This post a few days ago on Reddit did! Looks like they added a kama as well (and too many goggles, not my post).  I've just been using part 24135 for my mudtroopers!

i used that same piece but in black. combined with the grey combat driver face and helmets without goggles.

idk how i feel about the lbg oxygen mask. too bright. 

8 hours ago, Tidy said:

i used that same piece but in black. combined with the grey combat driver face and helmets without goggles.

idk how i feel about the lbg oxygen mask. too bright. 

Didn't even know that the piece exist in black, that would be nice for so many different reasons. But where to find it? There is no black version on bricklink

23 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Yup done it on a couple of muds and they look great. Shame it’s only one hose, but the shaping is excellent and so much better than the two-hose scuba mask I’d been using prior. 

They’re onboard my work in progress Conveyex mod so was waiting for that to be finished before unveiling them. However will put up photos tonight when I get home from work for you. 

Looking forward to seeing them!

22 hours ago, DrMuttonchops said:

This post a few days ago on Reddit did! Looks like they added a kama as well (and too many goggles, not my post).  I've just been using part 24135 for my mudtroopers!

ldcjefmtof031.jpg

Thanks for the pic! They look fantastic, although I do agree there are too many goggles.

So has anyone tried out CloneArmyCustom's Snowtrooper backpack with the newer Snowtrooper helmets? I really want to know if they work with the helms. Also what's everyone's general thoughts on the Stormtrooper arms from FST? Are they worth the price?

I'm also working on making some Purge troopers, with the upcoming release of Fallen Order, so any suggestions on the torsos would be great. I've already decided that I'll be doing CAC or AL Shadow Airborne helmets for these guys, though I'm leaning more to AL's version, as it looks so much better despite needing a red head for the visor. 

Edited by That Brick King

13 minutes ago, That Brick King said:

Also what's everyone's general thoughts on the Stormtrooper arms from FST? Are they worth the price?

i'm in process of upgrading 300 OG stormies with their arms. short answer. i think they're worth it.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:59 PM, Tidy said:

i'm in process of upgrading 300 OG stormies with their arms. short answer. i think they're worth it.

Damn....300 Stormtroopers. And I thought it would be expensive with 30 or so Stormtroopers XD

Edit: I just looked that up, nearly $700 USD. Holy cow.

Edited by That Brick King

They're very worth it. I've updated almost every arm I can with the FS arms. 50 Stormtroopers, 8 Sandtroopers, around 30 X-Wing Pilots, 13 Blue Squadron Pilots, Imperial Technicians, Death Star Gunners, AT-ST Drivers, Greedo etc

I think they make a bid difference to a figure. But then again I've now got 16 Snowspeeder pilots with the UCS arms, 8 TIE Pilots with the UCS arms and all my Bespin Guards have the printed arms from the original version. Add accurate moulded weapons to that too.

I think figures can feel a little bare without them now.

It's a rabbit hole I'm happily deep into.

6 hours ago, That Brick King said:

Damn....300 Stormtroopers. And I thought it would be expensive with 30 or so Stormtroopers XD

Edit: I just looked that up, nearly $700 USD. Holy cow.

not to mention upgrading the rest of my figs like @Robianco did. 

it’s definitely a rabbit hole i’m glad he dragged me down.  

28 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I think figures can feel a little bare without them now.

‘normal’ figs, they’re downright boring and bland and look nekkid without the arms. 

On 6/8/2019 at 8:42 PM, That Brick King said:

I'm also working on making some Purge troopers, with the upcoming release of Fallen Order, so any suggestions on the torsos would be great. I've already decided that I'll be doing CAC or AL Shadow Airborne helmets for these guys, though I'm leaning more to AL's version, as it looks so much better despite needing a red head for the visor. 

The closest thing looks like the Inferno Squad agent torso at least to me. Maybe add a CAC red or black cloth shoulder pauldron.

Edited by Bardan_Jusik
Wrong button

I searched but didn't see anything on Crix Madine, anyone have any ideas on that one? What I've come up with so far is below. I like the texture of the darker beard...unfortunately I think it's too dark. Also, @Robianco, do you recall what head you used for Mon Mothma?

jNcxmn0.jpg

wWrcuAz.jpg

2 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

I searched but didn't see anything on Crix Madine, anyone have any ideas on that one? What I've come up with so far is below. I like the texture of the darker beard...unfortunately I think it's too dark. Also, @Robianco, do you recall what head you used for Mon Mothma?

I feel like the one on the right is a better representation, the one on the left just doesnt look right to me.

There doesn't seem to be many photos of him on the internet either..

Is that the newer blonde Aquaman head? I was thinking about that one but I feel I need to wait for a dark tan beard to come around.

I think the head I used was Narcissa Malfoy with the Barista hair.

7 hours ago, Robianco said:

Is that the newer blonde Aquaman head?

Yep, got it just to give this a try. I guess there just aren't too many light beard options.

11 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Yep, got it just to give this a try. I guess there just aren't too many light beard options.

I'd say the swept hair is the way to go for sure. The Aquaman head and that swept hair work well, color and style-wise.  Lloyd's hairstyle is just a little too messy and light-colored for Crix.

Does anybody have any ideas for updating Pre Vizsla? I've given him Mr. Incredible's hairpiece, but I can't find a good head. Im not a fan of the big cartoon eyes.

I've got a few modifications for Anakin. As my favorite character in the saga, I feel LEGO hasn't really done his older version justice quite yet. So here's some mods and addons I've done for him.

Ep1: Small, simple backpack for Tatooine departure scenes.

Ep2: Changed his hair back to the classic male hairpiece, the widow peak doesn't look right for his padawan combover (and if Obi-Wan still uses it on his Ep1 figures, why not?) Also gave him a gold hand for early Clone Wars; rather peeved his custom Jedi Startfighter set skipped over that detail with 2 flesh hands. I'm really hoping future Anakins drop the cheek/chin faceprinting, they make him look too old. Luke was suffering the same problem for a while, if anyone remembers.

Ep3: This one was the real overhaul. Uses the Palaptine Arrest head with the late-season Clone Wars torso with added flesh hand. I'm of the belief LEGO should keep his robes black/very dark brown, I don't like the notion of it all blending in as pure black. Also gave him last year's Clone Wars era legs and light brown hair. I think we need a whole new piece for Anakin's Ep3 mullet, don't think any of the current parts out there really match it, and the CW hairpiece isn't that accurate, especially with available hair colors.

Ep6: Until they find a way to do proper force ghost figures, we just have to pretend there's blue effects around them. Ghost Anakin is a bit rough, one of the more generic male faces on Ben Kenobi's body and some light brown hair. I went for generic since Anakin's ghost does lack the scars, so he can afford to look more plain.

62219356_2876318985926589_6484667118150221824_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmF0z6xVWl2fVtU8yIhjUkyHDeC8qop80_jliCHXqXjsvD0AgJQFdWlFJw7in5Xp6A&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f7ecaa6ccb56222a2d96c3bc35952f6f&oe=5D9350CF

On 6/19/2019 at 7:03 PM, DrMuttonchops said:

Just saw part 52494, might be better for a WED Treadwell droid than the normal binoculars.  I'll keep an eye out for one on bricklink.

Judging by the sets it has appeared in it would seem as if it was created for that very purpose!

Well I finally took the plunge and made my first Firestar toys purchase. I have decided to update my clone trooper arm prints (and the official printed legs) as a trial. I went for the 4 ranked variants (blue, red, yellow & green) plus some of my other troopers like Gree, pilots etc. I'm quite impressed by the quality. I have enough arms for about half my army now, but the legs are a bit too expensive at the minute... Plus, now I've started, I'd now like arms for the Geonosis, Kashyyyk and other troopers I own... :)

[I also purchased the Finn blood stained helmet which is great, and the Greedo arms which makes a big difference]

See before and after photos below - apologies for mobile phone quality pictures:

[Before]

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

[After]

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x1707.jpg

10 minutes ago, azzer86 said:

Well I finally took the plunge and made my first Firestar toys purchase.

it’s a very deep rabbit hole you’re descending. ;-]

all other figs will seem naked now. 

9 minutes ago, Tidy said:

it’s a very deep rabbit hole you’re descending. ;-]

all other figs will seem naked now. 

I know... Especially when I fill just over 2 of the Xmas celebration chocolate tubs with just SW minifigs...

Luckily I found a 10% off voucher and convinced (or rather kidded) myself into only going for certain themed ones, like clones and individual "one-offs" like greedo and in the future, inferno squad (when I buy the BP) for now...

i’m in process of arming 300 stormies. 

22 hours ago, azzer86 said:

Luckily I found a 10% off voucher and convinced (or rather kidded) myself into only going for certain themed ones, like clones and individual "one-offs" like greedo and in the future, inferno squad (when I buy the BP) for now...

Oh how I chuckled when I read this. Such innocence. Such naivety.

You'll be replacing every conceivable arm in your SW collection before you know it.

Every. Single. One. 

And your figures will look all the better for it. :)

^^^ he is the reason i went head (arm) first down the rabbit hole.