Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

7 minutes ago, Tidy said:

https://www.firestartoys.com/?Query=Gerams&search=

only 40 were made. they sold out very quick.

What?!? How the hell did I miss that? I've checked every day twice a day, from first thing in the morning and the evening? Will there be more?

Do people get pre-order notification from somewhere or something? I've had the custom headgear page on a shortcut link and never saw it.

Going to use my points now towards Iden Versio though that's just appeared...

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

31 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

What?!? How the hell did I miss that? I've checked every day twice a day, from first thing in the morning and the evening? Will there be more?

Do people get pre-order notification from somewhere or something? I've had the custom headgear page on a shortcut link and never saw it.

Going to use my points now towards Iden Versio though that's just appeared...

bob sends out a 1000 emails a day ... 

it went up in early april, and only lasted a day or two ... eventually they'll make more, but there's no known timeline ... =[  (i regret not getting 2)

and yes, the iden is live ...

44 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

I've checked every single day, it's certainly never been on there yet. Where's the helmet from to the right of Pops in Gold Squadron?

It must have been available at some point because FS made an insta post about it and commented on it coming back in stock at some point.

That helmet is actually the Raeh helmet from the Sandspeeder helped with a bit of photoshop for now. I need to get those panels grey with some semi transparent paint.

51 minutes ago, Tidy said:

bob sends out a 1000 emails a day ... 

it went up in early april, and only lasted a day or two ... eventually they'll make more, but there's no known timeline ... =[  (i regret not getting 2)

and yes, the iden is live ...

But I get those emails, never missed a single one and check the custom headgear page daily. It baffles me how it was on there fore two days and I missed it?

How come you can't get a restock notification for it like Pops and Red Leader?

I've never actively looked at instagram in my life though, beyond a link to a picture, thought it's just like photobucket or flickr, a free photo hosting site? I'm very web 1.0...

47 minutes ago, Robianco said:

It must have been available at some point because FS made an insta post about it and commented on it coming back in stock at some point.

That helmet is actually the Raeh helmet from the Sandspeeder helped with a bit of photoshop for now. I need to get those panels grey with some semi transparent paint.

Unless you just don't actively use it for authenticity, i've noticed that the gold leader helmet that was in grey from 2012 isn't in your collection there... will have to be my Gerams helmet for now.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

22 minutes ago, Tidy said:

So  basically I need to sign up to instagram to find out about this stuff before the emails or before the website's updated? :hmpf_bad:

Kind of annoyed. I've spent hundreds with Firestar. I miss websites just being websites and not having to sign up to them on multiple social media formats in addition to their mailing list... why wasn't this on an email like the 1000 "snooze or you lose" emails a day?

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

2 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

But I get those emails, never missed a single one and check the custom headgear page daily. It baffles me how it was on there fore two days and I missed it?

How come you can't get a restock notification for it like Pops and Red Leader?

I've never actively looked at instagram in my life though, beyond a link to a picture, thought it's just like photobucket or flickr, a free photo hosting site? I'm very web 1.0...

Unless you just don't actively use it for authenticity, i've noticed that the gold leader helmet that was in grey from 2012 isn't in your collection there... will have to be my Gerams helmet for now.

I did have that helmet in use for her but one variant is already in use for Hobbie and another for Grizz Frix. I think Hobbie might be the olive green version

Edited by Robianco

Regarding Firestar... I too was refreshing daily and never saw it post. I ordered Gerams helmet yesterday though by searching for it by name and just adding to cart instead of clicking the item. It redirects you to the home page if you click it. My notification says it shipped so we shall see. Might still be some available.

Here's a cool custom Wat Tambor minifigure I got on bricklink:

0?ui=2&ik=880a413bc4&attid=0.1&permmsgid0?ui=2&ik=880a413bc4&attid=0.3&permmsgid0?ui=2&ik=880a413bc4&attid=0.5&permmsgid

Edited by Chromide

2 hours ago, Keagantuan said:

Regarding Firestar... I too was refreshing daily and never saw it post. I ordered Gerams helmet yesterday though by searching for it by name and just adding to cart instead of clicking the item. It redirects you to the home page if you click it. My notification says it shipped so we shall see. Might still be some available.

"Will you forget it, I already tried it, it's magnetically sealed!!!!"

Tried that yesterday, clicking add to cart just redirects me to the homepage unfortunately :cry3:

Valkyrie cape for Boushh. I feel like this little thing actually makes a big difference. This was the tan version - maybe I'll get a lighter colour next time to try that too, even though I'm happy with this. 

IMG_20190520_185433

Here are some customs of mine:

IG-88, inspired by @Praiter Yed

MOC IG 88

(still need to swap out those legs)

Scout troopers

Scout troopers

And a simple mod of General Grievous

Grievous

And I do prefer using cloth kamas instead of plastic ones, it looks a lot better

Clones

22 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Valkyrie cape for Boushh. 

Love it Rich, that looks excellent. If they ever re-release Boushh they'd better add the cape! 

42 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Geonosian with demagorgon legs. 

Very nice, but are you not able to use the original Geonosian hips with the new legs to keep the belt print intact?

So I feel like I am the only one doing this, but I noticed the only difference between the new stormtroopers in 2019 and the previous stormtroopers from 2015 is literally the helmet so I have been buying just the helmets since the body prints are the same thing, but since the helmets are two pieces molded into one, makes them a bit taller than Vader now I think which is weird

6 hours ago, eldiano said:

So I feel like I am the only one doing this, but I noticed the only difference between the new stormtroopers in 2019 and the previous stormtroopers from 2015 is literally the helmet so I have been buying just the helmets since the body prints are the same thing, but since the helmets are two pieces molded into one, makes them a bit taller than Vader now I think which is weird

I thought about doing that for the Stormtroopers but found it cheaper to get a whole new Trooper and sell off the older one. I’ve got around 12 of the new Troopers now but I’m still not sure I want to replace all 50 of my 585s.

15 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Geonosian with demagorgon legs. 

That looks remarkably good.  I agree with the above poster who said try to use the same hips.

With the release of the sky police sets, do you think those breathing masks would look good on mudtroopers?

I'd be interested to see if anyone has tried it yet.

4 hours ago, Reaper said:

With the release of the sky police sets, do you think those breathing masks would look good on mudtroopers?

I'd be interested to see if anyone has tried it yet.

Yup done it on a couple of muds and they look great. Shame it’s only one hose, but the shaping is excellent and so much better than the two-hose scuba mask I’d been using prior. 

They’re onboard my work in progress Conveyex mod so was waiting for that to be finished before unveiling them. However will put up photos tonight when I get home from work for you. 

5 hours ago, Reaper said:

This post a few days ago on Reddit did! Looks like they added a kama as well (and too many goggles, not my post).  I've just been using part 24135 for my mudtroopers!

ldcjefmtof031.jpg

Edited by DrMuttonchops
Formatting