Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

On 3/16/2019 at 5:20 PM, Richpepperell said:

No new torsos yet, so I thought I'd try these legs. Have previously updated all to imperial crew "pockets", but now wonder whether partially-erased spooky boy boots could be the way to go?

I'm 11 cargo pants into my 47 rebels....so sticking with that...the boots look okay but I like the leg printing on the imperial pants....(noticing with some envy your row of legs in the background....)

255C94D0-64A1-408C-9106-3C2390ECACD4.jpeg

1CFA43BA-4878-41A7-9C00-5834DD4D3B07.jpeg

Cleaned up Lucy legs from the LM2 CMF figures on Luke Celebration. Big Bang Theory legs with print removed for the Rebel Hoth Soldier v standard printed legs

On 3/22/2019 at 6:28 PM, Robianco said:

Beautiful, the latter obviously being cadet Han from the deleted scenes in Solo I assume?

Have you got a Mon Mothma you can try the Leia skirt piece on so I can see how well it blends?

Edited by Peppermint_M
Don't quote pictures

4 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Beautiful, the latter obviously being cadet Han from the deleted scenes in Solo I assume?

Have you got a Mon Mothma you can try the Leia skirt piece on so I can see how well it blends?

47421939001_ce02b6b7d2_z.jpgMON MOTHMA by Robianco, on Flickr

here you go, from @Robianco's flickr

19 hours ago, TWP said:

MON MOTHMA by Robianco, on Flickr

here you go, from @Robianco's flickr

That actually looks pretty good!  Although I feel like Mon Mothma could use some lighter hair.  I've been using dark orange, but I guess reddish brown might be the best compromise.  Is that  Narcissa Malfoy's head?

Edited by Peppermint_M
Don't quote pictures

On 3/24/2019 at 11:48 AM, ThousandMoon said:

Pretty much perfect! :)

Where are Luke’s arms from?

They were a request from me to Cat at Firestar. Same artwork as the Blue Squadron arms but with no white printing.

21 hours ago, Robianco said:

They were a request from me to Cat at Firestar. Same artwork as the Blue Squadron arms but with no white printing.

I suspected that may be the case - they look really good!

A couple more to add. Just received Leia’s blaster and managed to Pick up another Lucy and clean the print off for Carbonite Han.

B96FB66F-B293-43F5-B69F-28EF457B31F3.jpeg

B4168091-87E8-470D-ADB7-F435DC2D253A.jpeg

Another reason to pick up CMF Lucy... deleted scene Luke from ROTJ sandstorm. :)

54066378-B668-4AC2-BC2F-844EE01E7AF4.jpeg

C3CFBB6F-36C3-4B96-8C6E-74272EBF03A9.jpeg

On 3/27/2019 at 8:23 AM, Robianco said:

Another reason to pick up CMF Lucy... deleted scene Luke from ROTJ sandstorm. :)

It's an excellent headpeice - pleased there's a decent SW use for it. Thanks! Might try it with a custom Toga from Firestar as well...

Where's Leia's blaster from? 

New updates over at Firestar... get your wallets ready!

Phasma's arms:

ACC471_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

First Order arms:

ACC470_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Phase 1 Clone arms:

ACC469_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Griff Halloran's arms:

ACC468_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Major Vonreg's arms:

ACC467_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Finn's helmet:

HG2978_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

They also have an FO stormtrooper finn minifig with the helmet, that one also includes a new face for Finn! It's rather expensive sadly.

FST089_2.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

I also heard a rumor that the helmets may be coming back in stock... Including a new amazing design :excited:

On 4/3/2019 at 12:36 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Oh man, those are all gorgeous!  I was really bummed TLG didn't print Griff's tattoos, thank goodness for Firestar.

8 hours ago, Robianco said:

[amazing Rogue One customs]

I saw these on your Instagram after I started searching for custom Rebel helmets.  Rogue One for the win!  These are incredible!
Are Bodhi Rook's arms a custom request, or will they soon be available in dark bluish grey?
The Blue Squadron pilot is phenomenal, too!  I was using the Gold Leader helmet from 2007 for this pilot (can't remember her name :sad:), but this is clearly a perfect custom!

Is this the "new amazing design" that TWP mentioned?  It certainly qualifies!  Or are there even more helmets on the way?  *oh2*
Living in the United States, I thought it would be a bit of a hassle to order from  Firestar Toys, but last night I made the plunge, because the Davish Krail helmet was (and still is, at time of writing) back in stock.  I also ordered several custom arms and pilot heads.  Really hoping Red Leader is back in stock soon, though.  I almost bought the Zal Dinnes helmet a couple days ago, but by the time I saw the notification, it was sold out again!  :cry_sad:

Edited by RogueTwo
(Sorry I quoted all those huge pictures; I wasn't thinking. It's more concise now)

Holy crap Robianco, those are amazing, when will they be released? :wub_drool: You're so cruel always teasing us like this!!! :cry_sad:

Damnit Firestar need to release more pilot faces now, with the two new Lego rebel pilots helmets released this year (Dak and Bucket), along with this new FS custom, I'm back to repeating faces!!!

On 4/5/2019 at 4:29 PM, RogueTwo said:

Are Bodhi Rook's arms a custom request, or will they soon be available in dark bluish grey?

Custom request, but here's hoping they will be available soon with 4 data cylinders instead of 2.

On 4/5/2019 at 4:29 PM, RogueTwo said:

The Blue Squadron pilot is phenomenal, too!  I was using the Gold Leader helmet from 2007 for this pilot (can't remember her name :sad:), but this is clearly a perfect custom!

Is this the "new amazing design" that TWP mentioned?  It certainly qualifies!  Or are there even more helmets on the way?  *oh2*

Yes, this is that amazing design! I don't know about more helmets on the way, the artist is lacking reference material currently. Many of the pilots have either a side view or a front view, and she needs both. If anyone knows of a magical place where these can be found, that would be great. I've watched Rogue One and the behind the scenes material on youtube countless times, but sadly there's no new clear images.

I've also been wanting to order an extra Garven Dreis helmet, but it appears some US reseller bought them all. :sceptic:

21 minutes ago, TWP said:

Custom request, but here's hoping they will be available soon with 4 data cylinders instead of 2.

:cry_sad:

Are custom requests only something that very important people can do then, or are they available to the public?

On 3 april 2019 at 6:36 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Phasma's arms:

First Order arms:

Phase 1 Clone arms:

Griff Halloran's arms:

Major Vonreg's arms:

Finn's helmet:

Personally, I really prefer that firestar do more customs for individual characters rather than generic troopers, since updating the whole army is just too expensive. I also hope they continue to do more other stuff than just arms. Nice initiative with the Bloody helmet