Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Not sure how relevant this is, but Reaper's head from the new Overwatch sets makes for a decent purist Darth Nihilus.vaydrm4j85h21.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=bdfdbe88110d02f915435b775a4524ee8c524745

(Thanks to /u/bountybossk on Reddit for the idea)

1 hour ago, ShadowStrike said:

...makes for a decent purist Darth Nihilus

Honestly that's pretty solid and about as good as we'll get with an official piece.

Side note, has anyone noticed that there's a bigfig of Grummgar (big dude at Maz's in TFA) in the Freemakers and in the TFA game, but not in real life?  I know that's not uncommon, but I think the Cull Obsidian bigfig would work well enough for him, or at least someone of his species.

KseK05k.png q3UXi4U.png

Edited by DrMuttonchops
added pictures

On 2/18/2019 at 12:05 PM, ShadowStrike said:

Not sure how relevant this is, but Reaper's head from the new Overwatch sets makes for a decent purist Darth Nihilus.

(Thanks to /u/bountybossk on Reddit for the idea)

Damn, that is a brillian combo! Thanks!

Finally got a camera and "studio" good enough to take decent and consistent pictures. Will start posting my figbashes and mocs of new and updated minfigs here in the next days and weeks.

Let's start with one of my favourites, the Mimbanese Soldier:

Mimbanese Soldier Figbash MOC

Just now, Alexastor said:

Finally got a camera and "studio" good enough to take decent and consistent pictures. Will start posting my figbashes and mocs of new and updated minfigs here in the next days and weeks.

Are these from solo? I'm not sure where they are from but they are a fantastic representation of the source material. Great job.

1 hour ago, Alexastor said:

Fantastic minifig!

2 hours ago, Alexastor said:

Love this! I used the same head for my Cloud Rider Mimban. Great representation of the foliage/camouflage on his back!

Loved this topic from the moment I saw it, it's about time I contributed a little :)

First of all we have the last iterations of Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors, based on their Jedi Outcast appearance

33467783458_8d03c38fba_c.jpgIMG_20190311_015738

My Kyle has gone through many versions, starting with a yellow Qui-Gon face back in 2003 and finally getting a bit of love and a face thanks to the micro ski-speeder pilot from last year, while Jan was a more recent addition, also starting yellow-faced but now using a Tina Goldstein face. Still, a darker brown hairpiece would be better.

Then we have Deena Shan, from the Empire and Rebellion comics
46428933775_b2e7eee016_c.jpgIMG_20190311_015422

Quite a simple one, using the rebel technician body from 75175, a blonde hairpiece (the latest Black Widow's) and Queenie Goldstein's head, which was the perfect fit IMHO.
Also from the Empire-Rebellion comic line comes Nera Dantels, here in coldgear and with a 2003 looks along with a same-style Mara Jade
40378622893_f276bec86d_c.jpgIMG_20190311_015341

Nera Dantels is another character I'd love to update, taking suggestions on a flesh head and more accurate torso, if you have any :)

Lastly, for a bit of fun, ever wondered if rebels actually had hair under those helmets they seem to always wear? :)

40378608433_3a370575d2_c.jpgIMG_20190311_015519
46620557334_f7fe94a404_c.jpgIMG_20190311_015558

No names but left to right we have a couple of pilots (Duro from BP, a punk rock female pilot with Hermione's head, the spare pieces from Deena Shan -Black Widow/Jyn Erso head and Queenie's hair) a mechanic borrowing the surplus Ki-Adi Mundi's head, simple white hair and a random but neutral enough body, and finally some rebel troops from the two BPs using various hairpieces (and an Aquaman head, which with that hairpiece looks even more like me than the original rebel now relegated to a bounty hunter role. I simply couldn't resist).

Hope you enjoyed, keep up the good work :)

Some updates with some new figures. Bails and Raymus have dual moulded legs now and the Fleet Troopers have cargo pants. Nice new addition to the Rebel Pilots too. :)

42326C6A-1666-4CD8-9DAB-A6B08538A4FC.jpeg

C9CA1702-0A26-4876-B7FF-3AEFE7F4724C.jpeg

B325315D-6FB9-411B-8E48-ABD75ADBFB55.jpeg

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Some updates with some new figures. Bails and Raymus have dual moulded legs now and the Fleet Troopers have cargo pants. Nice new addition to the Rebel Pilots too. :)

Great line up!! Is that rebel pilot someone specific? Upcoming Firestar release?

Also saw a leak of a new Harry Potter with DBG short legs - add a couple of black studs to each leg  to give Bail an extra stud in height - reckon that could look decent!..

Edited by ThousandMoon

1 hour ago, ThousandMoon said:

Great line up!! Is that rebel pilot someone specific? Upcoming Firestar release?

Also saw a leak of a new Harry Potter with DBG short legs - add a couple of black studs to each leg  to give Bail an extra stud in height - reckon that could look decent!..

The helmet is from the droid in the upcoming Resistance set. I just picked up a couple of them to add to the pilot ranks.

On 3/14/2019 at 2:52 PM, Robianco said:

It's really bugging me that the pockets on Antilles coat weren't carried on onto the hip piece - I don't like the way they're just cut off. Looks much better with hiker legs though. 

Edited by Peppermint_M
Please don't quote pictures

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

The helmet is from the droid in the upcoming Resistance set. I just picked up a couple of them to add to the pilot ranks.

Ah yes of course - it’s tan right - looks like a good addition to the variety of rebel helmets!

15 hours ago, Robianco said:

Looming sweet - may I ask where did the legs come from for your Cap'n Antilles?  Last time I looked I could only find legs with lots of printing on them...

7 hours ago, Knight of Ren said:

So I recently got a Mon Mothma figure and the old head is really bothering me. Does anyone have any newer head suggestions? :sweet:

I went with this, currently using a reversed kama waist cape for her flowing robes but plan to replace the legs with the new Leia skirt piece once readily available:

46468819265_84b9fdaacd_c.jpg

58 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

Looming sweet - may I ask where did the legs come from for your Cap'n Antilles?  Last time I looked I could only find legs with lots of printing on them...

Unless something new has come out that I've missed, they're the hiker legs from CMF series 16 with the print erased.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

3 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

I went with this, currently using a reversed kama waist cape for her flowing robes but plan to replace the legs with the new Leia skirt piece once readily available:

Unless something new has come out that I've missed, they're the hiker legs from CMF series 16 with the print erased.

Ah thanks I did wonder...

6 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

went with this, currently using a reversed kama waist cape for her flowing robes but plan to replace the legs with the new Leia skirt piece once readily available:

Looks very nice. Who's head is that? 

Those updates to the Rebel Troopers and Captain Antilles are great!

Edited by Peppermint_M
Please don't quote pictures

This image is making the rounds on the legoleaks hastag on the usual place. People believe it is a leak. 

Great figures though!

18 hours ago, Knight of Ren said:

Looks very nice. Who's head is that? 

It's this one (had to go research because I never pay attention when I buy heads haha);

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb0556&name=Minifigure,%20Head%20Dual%20Sided%20PotC%20Elizabeth%20Light%20Brown%20Eyebrows,%20Dimple,%20Smile%20/%20Scared%20Pattern%20-%20Hollow%20Stud&category=%5BMinifigure,%20Head%5D#T=C&C=90

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

No new torsos yet, so I thought I'd try these legs. Have previously updated all to imperial crew "pockets", but now wonder whether partially-erased spooky boy boots could be the way to go?

IMG_20190316_171320

21 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

No new torsos yet, so I thought I'd try these legs. Have previously updated all to imperial crew "pockets", but now wonder whether partially-erased spooky boy boots could be the way to go?

Looks nice, thanks for sharing, but I think I still prefer the imperial crew pockets legs ;)