Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

2 hours ago, Ebkas said:

Rio?

From Solo. He's in the Imperial AT-Hauler set.

2 minutes ago, Robianco said:

From Solo. He's in the Imperial AT-Hauler set.

Ah, ok. I don't really see them making differently positioned arms unless they're forced to like with his.

My MF MOC per Clone wars: 327th star corps on Felucia.

LEGO released sw128 once, but the helmet tooling design limited its rotation, new phase 2 helmet is much better. Thus, modified the body parts from 75036 set 212th troopers, here's my MF update. The ref. as below right one.

clone_phase_ii_legions_by_efrajoey1-dc5i

45330442112_fe4373be87_z.jpg

45330441072_afb118784b_b.jpg

And with this squad, I collected those clone trooper who eliminated their female Jedi Generals :tongue: (among them, Jedi Stass Allie was modified to EP3 version)

44657199454_913e4c8615_b.jpg

30441260767_50a01f4829_b.jpg

@JoeChu1980I call this a good phase two 327th trooper

Image result for lego 212th clone

This guys head hat, arms, hands and legs (It's yellow)

Image result for lego 327th clone

With this guys body

Edited by Asajki

Overwatch sets just leaked, and I think that Reaper's head would work very well for a purist Nihilus figure. No technically updating, but I guess it still goes in this topic.

I’m about to buy Delta Squad helmets and packs from Arealight, the plastic and printing seems better quality then Clone Army Customs even if less accurate.

Does anyone know of place that sells decent printing for the torso and legs? 

Or has anyone come up with a good solotution for purist torsos and legs?

I’m partial to the arc trooper torso for Boss.

Edited by Forresto

6 hours ago, Forresto said:

I’m about to buy Delta Squad helmets and packs from Arealight, the plastic and printing seems better quality then Clone Army Customs even if less accurate.

Does anyone know of place that sells decent printing for the torso and legs? 

Or has anyone come up with a good solotution for purist torsos and legs?

I’m partial to the arc trooper torso for Boss.

I found Jace Malcolm from The Old Republic to be a good Boss in that he has the black ring around the bass of the neckline, plus because his armour is unique it didn't feel like I was just redressing a regular trooper.

Here's the body of Jace with Clone Army Custom helmet (Firestar at the time weren't stocking the 'sarge' helmet that represents Boss), gun and backpack:

42751865445_d955fdb5db_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

17 hours ago, Peppybricks said:

The new Hanzo Minifig from Overwatch looks like his head would work well for Bail Organa.

Not bad, although unless you're a purist, I think this one from Firestar is absolutely perfect for Bail:

LH620_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Incidentally, although it's only one hose instead of two, the leaked pilot's oxygen flight mask that's being released may still be a fantastic addition to mudtroopers...

Anyway, here's my latest update - helmeted enforcer for Dryden Vos (courtesy of a Tron figure). Beneath the helmet is a Chima head with most of the print erased. Would prefer him side by side with the two that come with the AT Hauler, but got to wait for Christmas for my son to open that before I can get all three of them together haha.

45538746921_dceed69490_c.jpg

45538747001_b119f3475d_c.jpg

45538912391_aef2180298_o.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

23 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

I found Jace Malcolm from The Old Republic to be a good Boss in that he has the black ring around the bass of the neckline, plus because his armour is unique it didn't feel like I was just redressing a regular trooper.

Here's the body of Jace with Clone Army Custom helmet (Firestar at the time weren't stocking the 'sarge' helmet that represents Boss), gun and backpack:

42751865445_d955fdb5db_c.jpg

WOW!

He looks incredible!

Where did you get the blaster rifle?

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

WOW!

He looks incredible!

Where did you get the blaster rifle?

All accessories are Clone Army Customs (I personally prefer them immensely to Arealight's designs) and were bought from Firestartoys.co.uk:

Rifle: "DC-17M Commando Blaster" 

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Weapons/Clone-Army-Customs-Guns/13425-Clone-Army-Customs-~-DC~17m-Commando-Blaster-~-Black.html

13425.jpg

Backpack: "Commando Pack" (available in different colours, search the site) - their stock photo is poor, real thing is much better printed:

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Bodywear/Clone-Army-Customs-Bodywear/40250-Clone-Army-Customs-~-Commando-Pack-~-Sarge.html

ARM1440_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Helmet: "Commando Helmet" (available in different colours, search the site)

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Headgear/Clone-Army-Customs-Headgear/39907-Clone-Army-Customs-~-Commando-Sarge-Helmet.html

Sarge:

HG2562_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Darman (my one) - their stock photo is poor, the real thing is much better printed:

29352.jpg

Hope that helps!

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Has anyone put the Praetorian robe legs on an Imperial Guard?

On 10/24/2018 at 5:10 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

All accessories are Clone Army Customs (I personally prefer them immensely to Arealight's designs) and were bought from Firestartoys.co.uk:

Rifle: "DC-17M Commando Blaster" 

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Weapons/Clone-Army-Customs-Guns/13425-Clone-Army-Customs-~-DC~17m-Commando-Blaster-~-Black.html

13425.jpg

Backpack: "Commando Pack" (available in different colours, search the site) - their stock photo is poor, real thing is much better printed:

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Bodywear/Clone-Army-Customs-Bodywear/40250-Clone-Army-Customs-~-Commando-Pack-~-Sarge.html

ARM1440_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Helmet: "Commando Helmet" (available in different colours, search the site)

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Headgear/Clone-Army-Customs-Headgear/39907-Clone-Army-Customs-~-Commando-Sarge-Helmet.html

Sarge:

HG2562_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Darman (my one) - their stock photo is poor, the real thing is much better printed:

29352.jpg

Hope that helps!

It helps immeasurably so! Thank you! :classic:

On 10/17/2018 at 8:29 PM, JoeChu1980 said:

My MF MOC per Clone wars: 327th star corps on Felucia.

LEGO released sw128 once, but the helmet tooling design limited its rotation, new phase 2 helmet is much better. Thus, modified the body parts from 75036 set 212th troopers, here's my MF update. The ref. as below right one.

And with this squad, I collected those clone trooper who eliminated their female Jedi Generals :tongue: (among them, Jedi Stass Allie was modified to EP3 version)

Joe, mind if I ask where are the 327 helmets from? Aren't they orange in 75036?

And Jace Malcom's torso does make a good body for Boss.

Wondering where I should get parts for Fives and Echo?

Edited by JarJarBonks

6 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

Joe, mind if I ask where are the 327 helmets from? Aren't they orange in 75036?

And Jace Malcom's torso does make a good body for Boss.

Wondering where I should get parts for Fives and Echo?

Yes, those 327th star corps helmets and legs are from 75036 212 battalion MFs, I re-painted them into yellow, since my former hobby is paiting miniatures, it's pretty  easy for me.

For Fives, I recommend to take the body from sw377_ ARC Trooper, the body additional armor just match.

For Echo, how about take whatever 501st trooper and paint a hand-mark :)

Just now, JoeChu1980 said:

Yes, those 327th star corps helmets and legs are from 75036 212 battalion MFs, I re-painted them into yellow, since my former hobby is paiting miniatures, it's pretty  easy for me.

For Fives, I recommend to take the body from sw377_ ARC Trooper, the body additional armor just match.

For Echo, how about take whatever 501st trooper and paint a hand-mark :)

Yeah, I got the armor, now I need a helmet. Are the Arealight ones good? I saw you had a few!

30 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

Yeah, I got the armor, now I need a helmet. Are the Arealight ones good? I saw you had a few!

I does have some Arealight parts, their body is good for female figure, later will show you my collection per Mandalorian trooper which contains their bodies.

Arealight helmet, its advantage is got side-holes to fix telescope, and has costumed silkscreen. I suggest you try one at first (I tried Fives helmet, felt that blue is a little bit dark), to decide you like or not. Some time I just would like to keep clone troopers pure lego and consistent style, that's why I start to re-paint some of them.

Edited by JoeChu1980

51 minutes ago, JoeChu1980 said:

I does have some Arealight parts, their body is good for female figure, later will show you my collection per Mandalorian trooper which contains their bodies.

Arealight helmet, its advantage is got side-holes to fix telescope, and has costumed silkscreen. I suggest you try one at first (I tried Fives helmet, felt that blue is a little bit dark), to decide you like or not. Some time I just would like to keep clone troopers pure lego and consistent style, that's why I start to re-paint some of them.

Got it. Thanks!

15 hours ago, JoeChu1980 said:

With some body parts from Ninjiago and Chima, here I combine a MF tried to match the Admiral Trench from TCW.

30820021777_f7dcf50a52_z.jpg

30820021487_113347868a_z.jpg

Very nicely done, but I wonder, wouldn't Rio Durant's double-arm pieces have been even better for this guy, especially as they're in the exact colour of the torso you're using?

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

4 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Very nicely done, but I wonder, wouldn't Rio Durant's double-arm pieces have been even better for this guy, especially as they're in the exact colour of the torso you're using?

Great Suggestion! I never thought yet, will go to seek a Rio Durant from 75219 immediately, will post it later

TCW is my favor, LEGO TCW animation style MF as well. S04E11 to E13 represented Comic [slaves of the republic] very well, and what if we collected top 3 charming ladies for that? Here we go.

44862172515_d80521e478_b.jpg

shared Leia torso to Padmé, combined Chima Eris and black canary torso for Aayla; wiped Jedi belt on Ahsoka carefully...

45740496022_88da818284_b.jpg

Further more, I gonna MOC a battle front bar for clone troopers, a singer will be involved, and would like to keep face style consist with Animation version. As we knew, few Star wars female LEGO MFs was published per TCW, how can I get there? you may never image how beautiful bounty hunter Sugi could be, once tatoo and horns removed...

45740497172_8f924270f0_z.jpg

Edited by JoeChu1980

6 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Need to be longer, but these are the only ones I had in red - waist capes for Praetorian guards. 

https://flic.kr/p/2a2AZds

2018-11-10_01-55-38

Here I hope this helps! :laugh:

It does need to be longer though...

Edited by JarJarBonks

Nice variation. Definitely to be considered as the upgrade for the upcoming Praetorian Guards battle pack.