Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

32 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

When helmets are on the topics, is there another pilot that has a similar helmet that of Luke?  

Pedrin Gaul had the same helmet as luke. He was Red Five and died at Scarif. 

10 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

This'll be controversial, but seeing that screen shot next to the minifigure makes me think that helmet looks a bit small and that maybe one of the new ones would be more accurate!

I think one of the main issue with that helmet is the area that's covered by the print. It starts quite a way up the helmet. If it filled the panels either side of the fin I think it would give a better indication of scale.

8 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

When helmets are on the topics, is there another pilot that has a similar helmet that of Luke?  

There's a few that have red insignia like Luke's. I find mixing Kit Valent, Barion Raner and the older Luke helmets gives a good mix. There's also the grey one from Dex Tiree.

Hi I'm new to writing on this page but have been following for a while and now I have a query of my own; I've recently started to collect the 'Star Wars Battle of Yavin' pilots and for a select few I've decided id like to have them holding their helmets. To do this id need to find a head for Gold Leader (Jon "Dutch" Vander). I'd appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions. Thanksstar-wars-rebels-gold-leader-236358.jpg

10 hours ago, CunliffeCorp said:

Hi I'm new to writing on this page but have been following for a while and now I have a query of my own; I've recently started to collect the 'Star Wars Battle of Yavin' pilots and for a select few I've decided id like to have them holding their helmets. To do this id need to find a head for Gold Leader (Jon "Dutch" Vander). I'd appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks

https://goo.gl/images/Suzp6j

https://goo.gl/images/BzMqvh

https://goo.gl/images/JfASnF

Any of these suit?

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

1 hour ago, That Brick King said:

That last one would be best IMHO. The only reason I say that is that the second head I have on my Del for Inferno Squad.

Nice! I too think that the last one is the best, I'll pick it up on Bricklink soon. Thanks

Edited by CunliffeCorp

I realized when watching over Ep 1 again that young Obi-Wan might actually look pretty cool with
the collectible minifigure series wanderer's tan legs with reddish brown boots..!

Does anyone have both of those parts in hand?

- Samppu

PHOENIX BESPIN LANDO WITH LEGO CAPE

Here's the Phoenix Customs Lando with the Lego CC cape. I much prefer the Phoenix design for both the torso and the head but the cape from lego is stellar.

Lego Cloud City Pilot

With the Cloud Car pilots I do like the tan used with the gloves but I can't help but feel that the Bright Light Orange hands and dual moulded boots works too, although they may be a tad too strong in colour.

PHOENIX AND LEGO BESPIN LUKE

Here's the Luke comparison between Lego and Phoenix. I really like the belt detailing on the Lego version but I'm leaning towards that version being the 'battle damage' version and the Phoenix for his arrival at Bespin. I'll need to order a couple more of those hair pieces in dark tan from B&P though. The Phoenix one on the right is actually a regular tan piece that was dyed for the release. I think they did a pretty good job colour matching.

4 hours ago, Robianco said:

Here's the Phoenix Customs Lando with the Lego CC cape. I much prefer the Phoenix design for both the torso and the head but the cape from lego is stellar.

With the Cloud Car pilots I do like the tan used with the gloves but I can't help but feel that the Bright Light Orange hands and dual moulded boots works too, although they may be a tad too strong in colour.

Here's the Luke comparison between Lego and Phoenix. I really like the belt detailing on the Lego version but I'm leaning towards that version being the 'battle damage' version and the Phoenix for his arrival at Bespin. I'll need to order a couple more of those hair pieces in dark tan from B&P though. The Phoenix one on the right is actually a regular tan piece that was dyed for the release. I think they did a pretty good job colour matching.

I like legos Luke better, but I agree about phoenix Lando character, the problem is that there is a lot more money for a small improvement, which I don't think its worth. I think its sad that phoenix  custom usually tend to do the central characters that will always be made by lego themselves, instead of focusing on bizarre side characters that would complement the collection.

Nice touch to the CC pilots as well

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I like legos Luke better, but I agree about phoenix Lando character, the problem is that there is a lot more money for a small improvement, which I don't think its worth. I think its sad that phoenix  custom usually tend to do the central characters that will always be made by lego themselves, instead of focusing on bizarre side characters that would complement the collection.

I think Phoenix were working on a bigger project as they had a Leia figure designed too.

I'm definitely keeping the Lego Luke but the Lando figure is getting sold with the Phoenix cape.

Lego Luke Celebration Update

Well.... He was ripe for being updated. Dark Tan hair and those dual moulded legs. Get some printed arms from FS and this would be the perfect celebration Luke. Shame these have to go back on CC Han though.

STORMTROOPER HIP UPDATE

I'm not taking any credit for this one. TWP showed me this with the Tank Trooper hips. So now to decide. Do I update all 65 Stormtrooper/Sandtroopers/Jumptroopers/Shocktroopers? Or not bother? *Sigh*

6 hours ago, Robianco said:

I'm not taking any credit for this one. TWP showed me this with the Tank Trooper hips. So now to decide. Do I update all 65 Stormtrooper/Sandtroopers/Jumptroopers/Shocktroopers? Or not bother? *Sigh*

Lol, not bother I would say, sometimes it’s just not worth the perfection it requires

Edited by Sneakguest

29 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Lol, not bother I would say, sometimes it’s just not worth the perfection it requires

Yeah. As much as it's good, looking at it again this morning I don't think it's worth the £50 investment to buy 65 pairs of those legs to update. They'll eventually print those hips anyway. Besides... that money can be spent on more arms, E-11s and various other bits.

5 hours ago, Robianco said:

Yeah. As much as it's good, looking at it again this morning I don't think it's worth the £50 investment to buy 65 pairs of those legs to update. They'll eventually print those hips anyway. Besides... that money can be spent on more arms, E-11s and various other bits.

Probably, that is why I don’t have more than 10 troopers so I don’t get pissed of when next update comes around

I'm trying to make a purist version of a CorSec officer from the EU. Here are some reference pictures:

213?cb=20160918224449

915161-corellian_security_force.jpg

For the first picture, I'm wondering if this piece might work. Or do you have any suggestions for either version?

On 9/17/2018 at 9:59 AM, Robianco said:

Could you put them next to each other for comparison?

8 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

Could you put them next to each other for comparison?

PHOENIX AND LEGO BESPIN LANDO

Lego cape is better but I prefer the Phoenix for everything else.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:08 PM, Robianco said:

I gotta agree with you there.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:08 PM, Robianco said:

PHOENIX AND LEGO BESPIN LANDO

Thing is, Lando has black pants, so maybe you could change the legs if you wanted to be accurate. :sweet:

2 hours ago, CunliffeCorp said:

Thing is, Lando has black pants, so maybe you could change the legs if you wanted to be accurate. :sweet:

Actually he’s wearing very dark blue. Lots of colouring for certain things on SW have been altered to match what they were actually wearing during the movies since the props and costume started touring and being photographed under normal light rather than the screen hues that were used during filming.

The Black Series figure of Han has dark blue trousers and the Costumes book with the photographs of all the prop costumes from the time that's sitting next to me tells me they're dark blue.

Edited by Robianco

I call it the "Han's coat paradox". For years everybody debated if it was brown or blue and lots of costumes have this issue in Star wars. To me both colours are fine and I tend to pick the colour/print that I prefer on the figure. That's the beauty of Lego, they are your figures and It's the tinkering that I find enjoyable about collecting them.