Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

7 hours ago, That Brick King said:

They're just a stand in for when I get more of those guns that's being held on the left by the commander.

What are the guns that the commander holds supposed to be? I have a few of those but didn't think they are from Star Wars

9 hours ago, TWP said:

What are the guns that the commander holds supposed to be? I have a few of those but didn't think they are from Star Wars

It's based off District 9's alien assault rifle, if I'm not mistaken. The only thing missing are the mechanical cylinders at the top and the scope. I felt that since I was running low on E-11s thanks to my every growing ST collection, that I'd use these for my special forces figures.

weta-workshop-design-studio-509alien-ass 

d9-ar_1.png 

On 8/15/2018 at 9:19 PM, That Brick King said:

Here's something I threw together while working on my Imperial Officers/Stormtroopers: Special Forces Stormtroopers. The clothes all come from Capes4minigs, and the backpacks are from CAC. I also have two others with the same gun as the Commander, though I forgot to include them. Originally, I had design them to be bodyguards for my Chimera bridge build, as seen with the Commander and the blue arms. Then I decided to make the others with just plain (older styled) Imperial armor, and I felt those looked much better IMHO.

Are these helmets custom? Never seen them before.

7 hours ago, Elder of Babylon said:

Are these helmets custom? Never seen them before.

Nope, he came with this book and was called "Special Forces Commander". Jek-14 also wears this helmet design with 75051 Jedi Scout Fighter, and a blue version dubbed a "Special Forces Clone Trooper" came with 75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter (a re-coloured E-Wing from the old EU).

maxresdefault.jpg

sw571.pngsw478.png

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

21 hours ago, That Brick King said:

It's based off District 9's alien assault rifle, if I'm not mistaken. The only thing missing are the mechanical cylinders at the top and the scope. I felt that since I was running low on E-11s thanks to my every growing ST collection, that I'd use these for my special forces figures.

ah, thanks. I always thought they were flamethrowers or so.

8 hours ago, TWP said:

ah, thanks. I always thought they were flamethrowers or so.

Funny enough, as did I. It wasn't until like last week that I decided to do some in-depth search, and I stumbled across it on a forums. Can't remember which one though.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:15 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Nope, he came with this book and was called "Special Forces Commander". Jek-14 also wears this helmet design with 75051 Jedi Scout Fighter, and a blue version dubbed a "Special Forces Clone Trooper" came with 75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter (a re-coloured E-Wing from the old EU).

Thanks for that, that helmet looks sweet. I'll have to get one or two!

On 8/7/2018 at 9:10 AM, Richpepperell said:

Solo minifigure updates

I can't believe the hovertank driver helmet is already outdated, army building has become impossible with these imperial figures

1 hour ago, RexExLiberi said:

I can't believe the hovertank driver helmet is already outdated, army building has become impossible with these imperial figures

What do you mean? Why would it ve outdated

18 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I’m going to hazard a guess that he means with the hover tank itself being discontinued and then the armour not being featured in Solo or any other major current media (Clone Wars, Resistance and Ep 9) that there likely won’t be any further sets to feature it in the future to expand their army building availability.

21 hours ago, RexExLiberi said:

The hover tank helmet doesn't have a unique mold, it uses the shoretrooper mold.

The Rangetrooper has a similar but distinctly different helmet so it's good they used a new mold.

If anything this makes me sad we didn't get a unique one for the tank trooper.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:26 PM, Sneakguest said:

10 hours ago, Forresto said:

The hover tank helmet doesn't have a unique mold, it uses the shoretrooper mold.

The Rangetrooper has a similar but distinctly different helmet so it's good they used a new mold.

If anything this makes me sad we didn't get a unique one for the tank trooper.

What I mean is that the range trooper helmet mould is a way closer approximation of the hovertank trooper helmet than the shore trooper helmet mould is. There is a possibility that if LEGO ever decides to issue new hovertank troopers they would use the new range trooper helmet mould instead of the shore trooper helmet mould making the figure considerably different. 

Edited by RexExLiberi

So now that the new Advent Calender is hitting retail, I managed to grab a Merrick Fig. Helmet is quite nice, but he's begging for the Firestar arms and probably the FS Merrick head too. I need to pick up an extra Helmet for Evaan Verlaine too.

Antoc Merric FigAntoc Merric Fig

The Firestar head actually looks far more like Merrick than the Lego version. Just shows you how good Cat is at her job.

16 hours ago, RexExLiberi said:

What I mean is that the range trooper helmet mould is a way closer approximation of the hovertank trooper helmet than the shore trooper helmet mould is. There is a possibility that if LEGO ever decides to issue new hovertank troopers they would use the new range trooper helmet mould instead of the shore trooper helmet mould making the figure considerably different. 

Maybe slightly, but due to the printing, I would not exactly switch to a range trooper helmet instead

3 hours ago, LegoAldo said:

So now that the new Advent Calender is hitting retail

In August!!?!... jeez ?

My kids will be quizzing my hypocrisy again extra early this year, as to why I have an advent calendar and why I’m allowed to open it early! haha

Looking forward to picking up a few Guavian figs as well as Merrick

43 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Thanks for the heads-up about Merrick, just bought his helmet by itself off Firestar Toys, going to be going on their custom head I already have for him!

Now that helmet is on firestar, I've got zero reason to get the advent calendar this year. Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers for the tip off on Merrick's helmet on FS. I've ordered a couple of them as well as a few heads and other bits, all for less than the price of the calendar.

On 8/29/2018 at 7:24 PM, RexExLiberi said:

Rangetrooper helmets are still wildly inaccurate to a Tank Trooper.

I think Lego decides these things by caricature rules. How does it look accurate but boiled down to its most rudimentary forms?

And if they don't create a new mold, the forehead plate on the shoretrooper mold trumps the lack of forehead plate on the range trooper.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:16 AM, LegoAldo said:

So now that the new Advent Calender is hitting retail, I managed to grab a Merrick Fig. Helmet is quite nice, but he's begging for the Firestar arms and probably the FS Merrick head too. I need to pick up an extra Helmet for Evaan Verlaine too.

Antoc Merric FigAntoc Merric Fig

I'm not sure why but these photos made me realize how almost ridiculously small the old helmets are.

I wish they had made Merrick in the new style so we could convert the new X-Wing to a blue squadron fighter with new helmet and all.

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Rangetrooper helmets are still wildly inaccurate to a Tank Trooper.

I think Lego decides these things by caricature rules. How does it look accurate but boiled down to its most rudimentary forms?

And if they don't create a new mold, the forehead plate on the shoretrooper mold trumps the lack of forehead plate on the range trooper.

Fair enough, I still think that with the right printing it could look pretty accurate but that's me.

8 hours ago, Forresto said:

I'm not sure why but these photos made me realize how almost ridiculously small the old helmets are.

I wish they had made Merrick in the new style so we could convert the new X-Wing to a blue squadron fighter with new helmet and all.

I think I still prefer the old-style helmets, but I haven't seen the new ones in the flesh yet.

27 minutes ago, LegoAldo said:

I think I still prefer the old-style helmets, but I haven't seen the new ones in the flesh yet.

I agree, and that's coming from someone who owns both of the new helmets. Overall they look better IMHO, and they will probably improve my rebel army ten-fold, but the ability to cheaply buy the older versions and the nostalgia factor will probably keep me from getting anything other than one of each unique print.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Lego Unindentifed Blue Squadron Pilot

This'll be controversial, but seeing that screen shot next to the minifigure makes me think that helmet looks a bit small and that maybe one of the new ones would be more accurate!

Edited by Richpepperell
Remove excess images