Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

16 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

I thought this too. I have the conveyex but haven't opened it yet, so will post a pic when I do. Firestar also do some waist capes which I thought might look good (despite the colour not being perfect). https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Bodywear/Custom-Design-Minifigure-Capes/42845-Custom-Design-Cape-~-Waist-Armour-~-Reddish-Brown.html

Update: it actually looks pretty good. My impetialgunner is going to have to put up with a cold neck!

IMG_20180729_123519

That looks great! Hopefully the collar piece doesnt become too expensive on the secondary market.

Please do post a pic if you can. I suspect the kama will hide the less Snowtrooper parts of the rangetrooper's legs. 

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:01 AM, Forresto said:

That looks great! Hopefully the collar piece doesnt become too expensive on the secondary market.

Please do post a pic if you can. I suspect the kama will hide the less Snowtrooper parts of the rangetrooper's legs. 

that looks good I think I will do the same with mine

Edited by roadstermatt

Lego - Firestar Printed ArmsLego - Firestar Printed Arms

In the continuing update of arms here's the Greedo/Blue Squadron/Stormtrooper arms on various figures.

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

In the continuing update of arms here's the Greedo/Blue Squadron/Stormtrooper arms on various figures.

Finally pulled the trigger on these today after seeing your photos (plus had a firestar discount code!).  Starting off with Greedo, 5x blue squadron and 20x stormies... will see where it takes me, but i suspect this is a slippery slope!

10 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Finally pulled the trigger on these today after seeing your photos (plus had a firestar discount code!).  Starting off with Greedo, 5x blue squadron and 20x stormies... will see where it takes me, but i suspect this is a slippery slope!

Rich... It's the sloppiest of slopes. I'm at around 50 Stormies, 25 X-Wing Pilots, 8 Blue Squadron, Greedo, Imperials... etc...

They do make the figures look better though. I had to message Firestar as I'd made loads of orders but apparently had only 30 points in my account. Now I've got enough for a discount at least.

1 hour ago, fleetwoodd said:

does anyone have any head ideas for a captain canady?

I too would love to know. He was a great character.

Something cantakerous.

10 hours ago, Forresto said:

I too would love to know. He was a great character.

Something cantakerous.

yup! for now, the 2nd finn in FO disguise I got in order to make Captain Canady (cheaper than the figure from the star destroyer, but same legs torso and hat) has been repurposed as DJ in FO disguise, but Canady is still on my list. just need to find the perfect head.

47 minutes ago, fleetwoodd said:

yup! for now, the 2nd finn in FO disguise I got in order to make Captain Canady (cheaper than the figure from the star destroyer, but same legs torso and hat) has been repurposed as DJ in FO disguise, but Canady is still on my list. just need to find the perfect head.

Eyebrows are a bit dark, but The Mandarin?

14861.jpg

captain-canady-db_335c9e1a.jpeg?region=0

1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Eyebrows are a bit dark, but The Mandarin?

Damn, I'd forgotten he doesn't wear a cap! Down my list he goes, if I need to get bits from 3 different minifigs for him.

On 8/4/2018 at 10:44 AM, Alexastor said:

For Moden Canady, I'm using Gloin/Dain Ironfoot's head with Medium Dark Flesh Draco hair.

Sorry for potato quality.

Perfect now I have to order the pieces! 

I don't know if you're familiar with Dune at all but the head and hair combo would make a fantastic Baron Harkonnen.

Edited by Peppermint_M
Don't quote pictures

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Perfect now I have to order the pieces! 

I don't know if you're familiar with Dune at all but the head and hair combo would make a fantastic Baron Harkonnen.

I love Dune! That's a great idea for the Baron.

On 8/4/2018 at 2:33 PM, Peppybricks said:

Firestar’s new medium dark flesh head with freckles could work great for Enfys Nest.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmDqH2zAmr4/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1l1lvtq4rk74u

This head is pretty much perfect (although I'd prefer a slightly sterner face). Typically enough, it appeared the day after my latest firestar order went in! Still haven't found hair that I'm happy with for her though. 

3 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

This head is pretty much perfect (although I'd prefer a slightly sterner face). Typically enough, it appeared the day after my latest firestar order went in! Still haven't found hair that I'm happy with for her though. 

Not even the hair from Merida's mini doll? I know it's not tied back but it's about the closest type to the actress's hair I can think of at present.

https://brickset.com/minifigs/dp002/merida

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Any ideas on creating some of Padme's/Queen Amidala's famous costumes?

I'm looking at more Queen Amidala/Sabe really, but I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

On 8/5/2018 at 2:37 AM, MKJoshA said:

Per the suggestion on this thread:

Season 4 Kallus

That looks great. I think I’ll keep the arms tan and maybe go for dark grey legs with straps for a holster to contrast to the tan colours.

On 8/5/2018 at 9:37 AM, MKJoshA said:

Per the suggestion on this thread:

Season 4 Kallus

Are they the Pao legs?

I think they'd look great on an old (tan) Hoth Rebel Trooper, it'd make them look in line with the newer white ones.

On 8/4/2018 at 2:33 PM, Peppybricks said:

Sorry -can't get rid of quote box for some reason...

Few Solo minifigure updates:
Fur collar, vambraces and waist cape for Enfys

Solo minifigure updates

Trench coat for Beckett - colour matches him much more in real life!

Solo minifigure updates

Printed arms for patrol troopers

Solo minifigure updatesSolo minifigure updates

Kamas for range trooper

Solo minifigure updates

21 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Few Solo minifigure updates:
Fur collar, vambraces and waist cape for Enfys

Trench coat for Beckett - colour matches him much more in real life!

Printed arms for patrol troopers

Kamas for range trooper

Nice!

Maybe the shoulder pads from the Queen CMF would be better for the Range Trooper? The official piece looks a bit small.

For the Range Trooper, white roller skates from the Disco Diva could work as makeshift boots.

Also the arms and legs of Rocket from 5002145-1 would work great for Weazel.

For Val maybe Percival Graves’ arms, with a white rubber band wrapped around her neck to complete her collar.

Lastly, I think the new McGonagall head would work pretty well as Aunt Beru.

Trying to put some more Cloud Riders together, but the head pieces are going to be the main issue. Thinking about Killmongers mask for Baroosh Pawl.  

IMG_2018-08-09_10-53-40

Tubes should be doable with a plain pearl silver head and a hood. 

IMG_20180809_110118

Does anyone have any ideas for the others? Are there any China/Nexo knights/Ninjago pieces that would be good?