Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Now you've got me... So is it more sensible to have two commanders and two regular?

I reckon one commander and one driver per tank. 

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

I reckon one commander and one driver per tank. 

The cross-section has two pilots and one commander per tank, but fitting them both in without serious remodeling is a challenge.

On 7/14/2018 at 7:28 PM, DrMuttonchops said:

The cross-section has two pilots and one commander per tank, but fitting them both in without serious remodeling is a challenge.

It's not too hard - awhile back there was a thread about a relatively simple mod to get them in there. I'm not at home right now, but if I remember I'll send a picture of mine. It's a little cramped though.

Hey guys!  Bard's beard looks decently like a chinstrap from a distance, if you're looking for different heads for helmets.  His mustache and goatee fit with SW facial hair, too (assuming low-ranking personnel can have facial hair!).

eOuRwjp.jpg

Hmm it’s interesting, it sorta works.

However when it comes to official chinstrap heads, there is already some fair variety; two sides of the female immigration officer, two sides to the 2016 Death Star trooper, two sides to the the 2012 Death Star trooper, plus you could use the modern Rebel commando (and older one if you don’t mind plain black eyes) and the reverse of the T-16 pilot - that’s 8 or 9 off the top of my head straight away!

I finally got Yoda's Hut, so here's Tatooine Luke with the dark tan hair from the Dagobah Luke.

Tatooine Luke with Dagobah Luke's hair

Also, I have to do this. The page number has come. Execute Order 66.

Edited by Ebkas

Amazing how one small change can drastically improve a figure. The darker hair color really goes a long way to capturing Luke's likeness.

Not sure why they decided to keep the light tan hairpiece in the upcoming Sandcrawler when all the other sets are using the darker version.

I’ve always thought the light tan worked better for ANH but his hair certainly seems darker for ESB.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:55 AM, Ebkas said:

I finally got Yoda's Hut, so here's Tatooine Luke with the dark tan hair from the Dagobah Luke.

Also, I have to do this. The page number has come. Execute Order 66.

This hairpiece along with the dark tan Han Solo hairpiece and the TLJ Luke hairpiece are actually available on BaP now!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

@That Orange Thing, that fits too well!  I just need to find him a medic's uniform, or something!   And @Daddy_Stardust, I didn't realize there were so many chinstrap heads, that's kinda nuts.  Last resort I guess?

I picked up a couple Arealight helmets a bit ago to make a tan Clone Commando out of a Shoretrooper and to outfit Jace Malcom.  I added a brick-built gun to replace the one he comes with, and I think it turned out pretty well!  What do you guys think about adding a plastic or cloth pauldron to Malcom?  Edit: There doesn't look like there's a red pauldon, only dark red.  Black would work at least!

dKovVyr.jpg

Edited by DrMuttonchops

15 hours ago, DrMuttonchops said:

I picked up a couple Arealight helmets a bit ago to make a tan Clone Commando out of a Shoretrooper and to outfit Jace Malcom.  I added a brick-built gun to replace the one he comes with, and I think it turned out pretty well!  What do you guys think about adding a plastic or cloth pauldron to Malcom?  Edit: There doesn't look like there's a red pauldon, only dark red.  Black would work at least!

Very nice... I'd done something so similar to that!

However mine are Clone Army Custom helmets and I used Jace Malcom to become Boss from Republic Commando (well, almost, his more accurate helmet wasn't available at the time! https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Headgear/Clone-Army-Customs-Headgear/39907-Clone-Army-Customs-~-Commando-Sarge-Helmet.html) and gave a Republic Trooper the more commonly featured helmet from the CGI mini-movies. I did in fact buy him a white single-shoulder plastic pauldron, but don't like it, it covers too much of the body detail. I'm also not personally a fan of brick-built weaponry, so they've got custom ones... which may or may not be Brickarms? Can't remember haha! :shrug_confused:

42751865445_d955fdb5db_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

The Range Trooper Legs are perfect for updating Snowtrooper's until Lego finally provides them printing. Cost will likely be prohibitive.

Also the Gunner's fur collar might look good on Enfy's nest.

Anyone have any thoughts on upgrading Starkiller and Juno Eclipse? Lego's ones feel very, very inadequate. 

1 hour ago, Fireraven said:

Anyone have any thoughts on upgrading Starkiller and Juno Eclipse?

Page 39 and 48 of this thread offer some good alternatives for Juno....

On 7/23/2018 at 12:48 AM, Robianco said:

I’ve always thought the light tan worked better for ANH but his hair certainly seems darker for ESB.

Even in ANH his hair was never that light. Compared to the movie dark tan still looks much more accurate over light tan.

On 7/28/2018 at 12:10 AM, Forresto said:

Also the Gunner's fur collar might look good on Enfy's nest.

I thought this too. I have the conveyex but haven't opened it yet, so will post a pic when I do. Firestar also do some waist capes which I thought might look good (despite the colour not being perfect). https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Bodywear/Custom-Design-Minifigure-Capes/42845-Custom-Design-Cape-~-Waist-Armour-~-Reddish-Brown.html

Update: it actually looks pretty good. My impetialgunner is going to have to put up with a cold neck!

IMG_20180729_123519

Edited by Richpepperell
Added photo.

I'm starting to run out of shelf space for models and will have to redirect my Lego obsession towards minifigures for a bit. :D I'm really enjoying current Star Wars comics and would like to represent its original and already iconic characters. A couple of very nice Doctor Aphras have made the rounds but no Inspectors Magna Tolvan so far. Someone's mocked up decals of her face and body which could be readily printed but necessary equipment's prohibitively expensive for a private collector. Is anyone aware of a company that would offer small-batch bespoke minifig prints?

Alternatively, this thread's clearly full of people with more money & enthusiasm than sense; do people reckon it'd make sense to band together and approach, say, Firestar with specific requests and pledges to buy 10+ of the desired minifig? Essentially a Kickstarter for minifig designs? At this point I don't even know if that'd be economically sensible for them; would it?

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

Firestar also do some waist capes which I thought might look good (despite the colour not being perfect).

Firestar also stock the fur-collared (Cape Madness) capes which should be perfect for Enfys Nest.

The dark brown currently out of stock but awaiting a re-stock I believe.

That along with some tan BrickForge vambraces (also from Firestar) should have Enfys looking pretty pukka!

1 hour ago, DomMk said:

do people reckon it'd make sense to band together

I’ve considered this myself, for example I’m desperate for some side leg printing on my Greedo, as well as a million other body parts, and I’d be keen if it was viable - others on this thread probably better informed to advise, but I imagine you’d need to supply parts and then it’s just a matter of time and manpower, and of course everything has its price right!?!

31 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

Firestar also stock the fur-collared (Cape Madness) capes which should be perfect for Enfys Nest.

The dark brown currently out of stock but awaiting a re-stock I believe.

That along with some tan BrickForge vambraces (also from Firestar) should have Enfys looking pretty pukka!

Vambraces look great (learnt a new word!). I'm pretty happy with the gunners fur o Dr the official cape town keep the two-sided effect. 

My next issue is a head and hair for Enfys - I can't find anything to suit on firestar. Any ideas?

I'd go with the first head because while she is dark, she isn't that dark. I'd also go with the second hair, only because she wears it back throughout the entirety of the film